No announcement yet.

ABC's Designated Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I think the "designated survivor" premise has played out. At this point the show would have ended up being "The West Wing 2.0".
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

I kind of understand ABC's position. The show seemed to struggle what kind of story it wanted to tell
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        To be honest, I think the "designated survivor" premise has played out. At this point the show would have ended up being "The West Wing 2.0".
        True, the story of how he came into office was played out, but they had a lot of other stories to tell, such as the upcoming election, with Kirkman as a staunch independent who refused to knuckle under to either party and did not play the typical games that the rest of Washington does, as observed by Ethan West during a recent episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          True, the story of how he came into office was played out, but they had a lot of other stories to tell, such as the upcoming election, with Kirkman as a staunch independent who refused to knuckle under to either party and did not play the typical games that the rest of Washington does, as observed by Ethan West during a recent episode.
          Stop the world from spinnin' and let me off. It is truly a rare occasion when I agree with Annoyed. Today is one of those occasions!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            He spoke towards my moderate sensibilities. But what got me watching was the main premise. The rest that you mentioned well...that's not why I started watching the show. After that "high" it's hard to simply settle down into a routine political drama. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but I already have Madam Secretary for a routine political drama which is also getting close to running through it's premise...unless it wants to change into "Madam President".

I'd be happy if it got another season, but I can understand why it isn't.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              He spoke towards my moderate sensibilities. But what got me watching was the main premise. The rest that you mentioned well...that's not why I started watching the show. After that "high" it's hard to simply settle down into a routine political drama. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but I already have Madam Secretary for a routine political drama which is also getting close to running through it's premise...unless it wants to change into "Madam President".

I'd be happy if it got another season, but I can understand why it isn't.
              Yeah, I understand. A show that begins with "what if this happened" does eventually play out the origin. The question is can they keep it interesting once that story plays out. In my opinion, this one has done so, as opposed to "The 100" for example. That show has devolved from it's intriguing beginning into just one group fighting another, season after season.

Comment

Its always been that. You just want it to be something it isn't
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Designated Survivor survives!
                  https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/...ated-survivor/

Comment

I guessed the show was designated to survive
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

That's worse than mine was.

Comment

I read that it will be on Netflix in 2019
                        sigpic

Comment

Been watching it, and am in Season 2, ep 16 as of today. Heard there's a 3rd season, maybe airing now or very soon. The title drew me even before I know Kiefer was in it. It's taken over both lunch and dinner slots of watching.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                            Been watching it, and am in Season 2, ep 16 as of today. Heard there's a 3rd season, maybe airing now or very soon. The title drew me even before I know Kiefer was in it. It's taken over both lunch and dinner slots of watching.
                            ABC cancelled it after 2 seasons, but Netflix picked it up. Supposedly going to air in 2019

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/...ated-survivor/

Comment

Working...
                            X