No announcement yet.

ABC's Designated Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting the same vibe off of the FBI agent? Hannah as I did from Allison on "The Last Ship". She's a plant for someone.

Comment

The one who found the bomb being a possible plant?
      I don't get that vibe from her..

Comment

I'm betting someone else was originally supposed to be the DS. A last minute change altered who was supposed to be the next president
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, that was an interesting 3rd ep..
          Spoiler:
          First off, the hack coming THAT close to when the President ranted at those mil brass about "Get me proof", and loooky here, here's the proof he just so happens to need. TOO coincidential for my liking. Now while i MIGHT be able to believe a terror group could hack in and knock out power, i can't see them hacking into the white house, ONTO one specific computer and then planting a video "confirming it", seems VERY suspicious..

Then came the whole showing of that video to the blond senator. Especially coming right after HE himself told everyone else, "This doesn't leave this room"..
          And ON her, i find it highly suspicious that the republicans would have done their OWN DS without anyone else knowing about it like it seems they did..

Then onto the whole how he handled the Leaker.. Rather than accepting his resignation (heck imo he should have JAILED him for releasing a national secret like that), he PROMOTED him to his chief of staff, doing exactly what the generals wanted?? Man was that one hell of a dunce move..

IMO the only real good positive i found in it all, was that one FBI agent who did the research finding out that the one 'survivor' mysteriously decided to walk off 6 seconds or so after the camera's went out, just before the big boom....

Comment

Loved today's ep.. Especially liked how he stood up to that general and fired his ass, AS well as arrested the governor from Michigan. BUT i wonder what he is going to do with that general who not just ignored him, but said in essence "I don't recognize you as commander in chief"...

I also liked how the speech writer stepped up like that to chat with the press..

Comment

Charge him with treason as well?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

OHHHH Tonights ep was definitely full of humdingers..

Spoiler:
                so the guy who survived just HAPPENED to hide out (or possibly did) in a refurbished 'get away' room that just so happened to have been remoddled 2 months ago into a bomb shelter. AND ALL those who sub-contracted on that room died?
                And now he is in line to be made VP?!!?

Blondie (the republican senator) i am STILL seeing little to like about. BUT i am actually liking his chief of staff AND the dude press secretary...

Comment

Talk about taking a story from real life and putting it on the screen.

Comment

I loved the governors grilling the president.. I also feel bad for our 2 FBI agents knowing what they do and not knowing who they can trust..

Comment

I liked the way Kirkland handled the interrogation, right up until he decided to go along with the demand to block all immigration. Yes, absolutely, close the borders and only let those who apply for legal entry in, and we can discuss accepting refugees, but simply blocking all immigration isn't right. Legal immigration is a cornerstone of this country, and he shouldn't have let that slide.

And the parallel interrogation of the accused mastermind was a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Well, 2 eps in and i am actually liking it.. Though one thing that gets me.. OK we had the west wing, which focused on the democratic admin, Madam Secretary, also focusing on/around democratic hot topics, and several other tv shows/films on the white house/president, and most of them also had it being democrats.. And now this one, ALSO democrat.

Is it just me, or is there one heck of a willful bias there on that angle?
                        Don't forget Scandal. They're Republicans, but not the kind we get these days. And Madam Secretary doesn't seem to be following the real world political spectrum. The most liberal thing they've done is talk about global warming, but not about what causes it but that is happening and thus bases should be built with the change in climate in mind to prevent deaths as a result of insufficient preparations. So I'll call that one neutral.

Speaking of other TV shows, wasn't the President from The Last Ship also the secretary of Housing and Urban development? Gosh, those guys sure to have a much higher survival rate than the other cabinet members.

Also, don't secretaries also have deputy secretaries? Wouldn't they fill in for the Cabinet in the mean time?
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I liked the way Kirkland handled the interrogation, right up until he decided to go along with the demand to block all immigration. Yes, absolutely, close the borders and only let those who apply for legal entry in, and we can discuss accepting refugees, but simply blocking all immigration isn't right. Legal immigration is a cornerstone of this country, and he shouldn't have let that slide.

And the parallel interrogation of the accused mastermind was a nice touch.
                          I agree. While i agreed with the governors we need MORE border security, refugee vetting etc, a complete close down is not how we should go about things..

Speaking of other TV shows, wasn't the President from The Last Ship also the secretary of Housing and Urban development? Gosh, those guys sure to have a much higher survival rate than the other cabinet members.
                          Never even thought about that...

Comment

Well, 3 eps into the new season and its going good, BUT this weeks episode was VERY heavy handed in its push that "illegal aliens = good, companies wanting to protect American workers = bad"..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Well, 3 eps into the new season and its going good, BUT this weeks episode was VERY heavy handed in its push that "illegal aliens = good, companies wanting to protect American workers = bad"..
                              I'm behind on this series, but considering how far left ABC is, that is not a surprise.

Comment

ABC doesn't care about politics as long as it makes money
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X