ABC's Designated Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC's Designated Survivor

An interesting looking new show with Kiefer Sutherland, The Designated Survivor is going to start airing this coming Wednesday on ABC..
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state...ry?id=28329585

The premise is rather intriguing and i will be giving it a whirl.. Anyone else?

I'm planning on giving it a try.
    sigpic

Comment

I will try also
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Me too. It looks interesting. We'll see if it has a good story or if it gets too caught up in solving some grand conspiracy and gets lost in the intrigue
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, the premier ep is in the bag, and i am liking it. I loved how that we initially had no idea who he was, then they did the "15 hrs earlier" aspect.. Though why the 'rebellious drug peddling teen kid" i don't know.

And looking at it, i am seriously wondering was that bombing a set up BY the US military (or some other entity to cause chaos for their own ends... Certainly looks like it with how the US military general in that room seemed to act..
          And i LOVED how Kiefer handled himself against the Iranian ambassador!

Comment

Spoiler:
            Totally agree about the no kid gloves approach to the Iranians.

I don't think the military carried out the attack or sponsored it. I think that General is just an opportunistic type who considers the new POTUS as too weak to lead the country. Based on Kiefer's handling of the Iranians, I suspect he's in for a surprise.

Looks like an interesting show, I've tagged it for DVR'ing. Just have to see how it plays out.

Comment

IF anyone masterminded the bombing
              Spoiler:
              it's whomever thought they'd have Keifer's job and would have been prez, but he didn't get fired/reassigned fast enough.
              I do tend to agree, the general is simply scared pooless and thinks the prez is a weak geek and feels the need to bluster and take command.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                And i LOVED how Kiefer handled himself against the Iranian ambassador!
                He basically went 95% Jack Bauer in that scene.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, 2 eps in and i am actually liking it.. Though one thing that gets me.. OK we had the west wing, which focused on the democratic admin, Madam Secretary, also focusing on/around democratic hot topics, and several other tv shows/films on the white house/president, and most of them also had it being democrats.. And now this one, ALSO democrat.

Is it just me, or is there one heck of a willful bias there on that angle?

Comment

The media is heavily biased to the left. The only way you'll ever see a major network air a series about a Republican administration is if it is portrayed as crooked, incompetent or otherwise undesirable.

Comment

Without this dissolving into political junk (which it wont) the cliche for a republican admin is that it's conservative and 'hard right' leaning.....not exactly in line with a network show trying to show and/or not run afoul of more liberal leanings....and viewers.

Make a show based around hard right conservative mindsets and the producers will face no end of crit about being predjudice, sexist or racist. Making it based around a more liberal administration then they avoid that crit.

Would a network show survive if it portrayed those trying to ban abortion, or women's rights or gay marriage as the heroes?

sigpic

Comment

I've personally never saw Madame Secretary to be liberal. I don't think they ever stated the political party of the current adminstation. The issues presented in that show occur no matter the political party
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Without this dissolving into political junk (which it wont) the cliche for a republican admin is that it's conservative and 'hard right' leaning.....not exactly in line with a network show trying to show and/or not run afoul of more liberal leanings....and viewers.

Make a show based around hard right conservative mindsets and the producers will face no end of crit about being predjudice, sexist or racist. Making it based around a more liberal administration then they avoid that crit.

Would a network show survive if it portrayed those trying to ban abortion, or women's rights or gay marriage as the heroes?
                          And what about the critics about the consistent liberal bias?? Do those criticisms not count?

Comment

There is nothing in the world that isn't criticized or that someone gets their knickers in a knot over.

What some see as a liberal bias others see as catering to a popular opinion. And vice versa.

sigpic

Comment

I'm 15 minutes into episode two and this show is screaming political opinion. It will be impossible to discuss many aspects of the show while at the same time avoiding politics.

Perhaps a thread for the show can be created in Off-Topic Chatter.

Comment

Working...
                              X