• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Adventures of Supergirl (201)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Kara is reunited with her cousin when Superman pays a visit to National City, and the two team up to stop an assassin who is targeting Lex Luthor's sister, Lena. Kara is faced with choosing her new position at CatCo, and the DEO takes custody of the stranger found in a crashed Kryptonian pod.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 October 2016, 08:52 PM.

So far, I think CW is doing at least as good as CBS? did.
    Spoiler:
    I love the "Miss Tessmacher" reference, as well as the "I'm going back to Gotham" line.
    Didn't make a lot of sense that Superman never showed up, either. You would expect him to once in a while. Interesting response to the DEO's possessing Kryptonite. I agree with his stance 100%. Supergirl ought to be less trusting.

Comment

Spoiler:
      I agree, it was a good reason for why he didn't join in. BUT i was shocked that luthor is in jail (is it cause of the events of Bats vs superman, or something else)..
      I also loved the Tessmacher reference..

BUT i would love to know, do the events of batman vs superman have ANY impact on this show?

Comment

Spoiler:
        Luthor has been in and out of jail for almost as long as he has existed. I don't follow the comics/etc., but he seems to have ways of getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Spoiler:
          I agree, it was a good reason for why he didn't join in. BUT i was shocked that luthor is in jail (is it cause of the events of Bats vs superman, or something else)..
          I also loved the Tessmacher reference..

BUT i would love to know, do the events of batman vs superman have ANY impact on this show?
          No, DC TV and movies are completely separate.

Also, from what I understand, there's no need for spoiler tags in the thread about the episode you're discussing.

Comment

Enjoyable episode. I think Hoechlin did a good job as Superman. I also loved the reference to Miss Tessmacher! LOL
            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad they've nipped the Kara/James possible romance in the bud.
              sigpic

Comment

And into season 2 I go... fly... walk... step...

Anyhow, I like the new DEO offices better than the old. Much lighter and spacious, and no bats that bite. And closer to home for some, apparently too.

Superman flies in to assist Supergirl when that space plane goes into a plunge after something explodes. They investigate the case together, and visit Lena Luthor (fabulously portrayed by Katie McGrath who I only know from Merlin, where she played Morgana) where they learn she had nothing to do with the malfunction. Not directly anyway, cause as it turns out someone's out to kill her and will stop at nothing to succeed -- that is until Corben has a run-in with a bullet.

At the same time, Kara has to decide what carreer path she's going to follow and learns that sleep is highly overrated.

I really liked this episode, and the start of the new season.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree, S2 is going very well. I was apprehensive about the CW taking over, as I am with any switch from a large old-line network to a smaller network, but the CW has done an excellent job overall with this. The biggest criticism I have is that they spend too much time on relationships in some episodes. I simply don't care who hooks up with who in a show like this.

Spoiler:
                  Without saying too much, there are some things coming up relationship-wise that I suspect that you're really going to like.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Without saying too much, there are some things coming up relationship-wise that I suspect that you're really going to like.
                    I don't mind relationships as long as they are done right, and the ones in Supergirl are done right.

I have seen all of it already so I know what's coming and yes I love it cause you know what it's a very recognizable if somewhat different situation for me personally.

I'm just going through the episodes again, and review, discuss... although I'm quite possibly the only posting in the Season One threads. A few episodes, I've seen.... multiple times already.

Comment

You should watch the crossover FH.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You should watch the crossover FH.
                        The big 4-day event? I just watched it --

Edit: I've actually seen episode 8 three times already. *giggle*

Comment

Working...
                        X