Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people feel about the Arthurian legend turn sg-1 might take?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people feel about the Arthurian legend turn sg-1 might take?

How do you want it to play out/ be portrayed in the show?
    Do you agree with incorporating these new themes in the show?
    What do you think about the ideas I’m putting forward about how the main parts of the legends will be represented? \/

Camelot: The sister city to Atlantis, first build when the ancients returned to the MW, it primary function was as a warship (it was built to retake the PG from the wraith); however over time their new home was more important than the one they left behind. Until the ancients Ascended, Camelot was the jewel of the ancient civilisation. The tablet found in full circle mentioned a lost city of great power, we assumed through S7 this was Atlantis, but in fact Atlantis was the lost city not the great one mentioned on the tablet; there were two city’s, just to clarify, the ancients built Atlantis before Antarctica froze over and flew it to Pegasus, Camelot was the city built when they return though the Egypt gate and they settled in Britain, far from the now old frozen wasteland of Antarctica. Anyway the city was never taken from earth or destroyed and is completely intact; it survived until the Dark Age/ golden age. The golden age was in ancient history just before ascends; when the ancients had developed and redesigned the city so much that they no longer need bodies and ascended, this is when they hid the city and erected a great monument over city from stones that were used to create the foundations of the city 5000 years ago; this monument was Stonehenge. This is the reason Jackson goes to England the quest to release the city from the tomb it was imprisoned to after the ancients ascended and to use it to retake the empire of the ancients with the greatest city in their history.

Excalibur: sword of light, indestructible to all forces, this sword was the only known weapon that can destroy an ancested being, it trapped the energy within a very rare elemetn, an element that ABSORBS matter but is still usable, the ancients created excaliber in case they needed to terminate anyone who ascendedwithout the proper credntials, like anubis or the orii.
    this is the only weapon known and the element was practially used up in its making, if we lose this we lose it for ever, basicly its a one shot kill to ascended beings but its also the only chance we have and it one of a kind. the sword of light was actually a mistake , it was the sword of darkness, destroyer of the light ( asedned beings), in later time its was rearanged to sword of light destroyer of darkness, because it would make more snese to lesser life form who have no clue abotu the cosmic meaning of the weapon.

The holy grail: the chalice that is supposed to be the giver of immortal life is in fact the key to ascension, using the grail create a field in which all being within it are pure energy, when in this form the can leave the human plane, but if the grail is destroyed all good that has come as a result of the ascended is erased from space and time. This is the greatest weapon there is, for without the ancients or the ascended no life can exist.

Merlin: An ancient who was the first being to ascend; and therefore the one who at first used the new power to be a god. After realising his power was too great for a mere godlike existence he helped other ascend and with time all he had come to trust were at his side. Magic is said to be the weapon he used but the power of magic is simply knowledge to control all that others cannot; the true power of the ascended.

King Arthur: last human leader of the ancients and creator of Camelot, a gift to the form that had came to be known as the tauri, when the were ready the king of king would return and use the city and return the empire of the ancient in a great war that will either consume or liberate all.

Lady of the lake: A female ancient scientist who lived millions of years ago and whole name is sacred to all ancient and ascended one. She was the creator of the stargate, and therefore the reason all life exists; in our mythology she is Mother Nature, guardian of all life. She did not ascend but her descendants are always gifted with great power, skill, knowledge and respect among all. Daniel Jackson is one of her descendant and that is why he was so quickly able to ascend in to a being that would usually take many, many years to accomplish.

Avalon: Avalon is the shrine that Arthur went to ascend at after the ancients left at the end of the golden age, and at the start of the great invasion the goauld launched (they couldn’t find the city and they didn’t kill the ancients, the ancient just ascended and left earth to the goauld). The island is the place where Arthur hid the Holy Grail; the island was not an island as such I was the top of Stonehenge protected by a water like barrier (like the one in redemption). The grail has since disappeared and the Templar knights are much like the brotherhood was in Atlantis.

Long, detailed and interest I hope you’ll agree.
    Opinions please.
    Last edited by immhotep; 23 April 2005, 06:21 AM.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Very interesting and I had an idea about them using a King Arthur storyline in some way, but yours is much better than mine

Comment

This issue's been discussed in a number of other threads.

I'm wondering if I should stick my monty python scriptlet in this thread as well....
      Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

yeah it has been dicussed but there has never been a thread based on it. its jsut popped up passing so id thought people could make there opinions ' official' with this one.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

OK.... here's an OFFICIAL arthurian SG-1 script by Monty Python:

TIM: Behold the cave of Caerbannog!
          ARTHUR: Right! Keep me covered.

Just kidding.
          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Nah, wouldn't work. As of now, we have yet to see a medieval culture besides that of Maybourne's. Also, the Ancients have been known to have left Earth, or at least died off from Earth way earlier than the first millenia AD.
            Besides, the Stargates are extremely old. They have been in the Ancients history as far back as we can go. Therefore, your lady of the lake theory is awfully incorrect.

Besides, there are many faults in your knowledge of the King Arthur legend. Avalon was his burial place, supposedly, so do you think he would ascend there? Ascending is much more positive, and much more similar to being reborn than dieing.

And besides all of this, Lemuria ( Also known as Mu and Pacifica ) is the less known sister continent to Atlantis. It would be much more logical if Pacifica was found, perhaps in a new galaxy or in the Pegasus as well? Though, a civil war would be a must to go along with Pacifica, as in the myths they were said to have been waring. Now, in an alternate legend, which says that the flood was a product of the Lemurians, it is said that the two reached a stalemate and killed themselves out. Now this is why I turn to a brief civil war in which Lemuria was desolated, as we quite know that the Atlantians survived and that their final Pegasus venture was with the Wraith. Still, I would much enjoy seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisluva
              Nah, wouldn't work. As of now, we have yet to see a medieval culture besides that of Maybourne's.
              What about in the episode, "Demons" Season 2 i think.

Also, the Ancients have been known to have left Earth, or at least died off from Earth way earlier than the first millenia AD.
              that was my thoughts, didn't they die off ages ago not 500-1000 years ago

Besides, the Stargates are extremely old. They have been in the Ancients history as far back as we can go. Therefore, your lady of the lake theory is awfully incorrect.
              She would have to be really, really, really, really odl.
              BTW i havn't seen much of season 8, or Atlantis as i live in Australia, but how long do ancients live for? 100, 200, 300, 1000 years? since they have that healing power stuff
              Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

I will keep an open mind. If they do, it should be interesting.

Comment

As of now, we have yet to see a medieval culture besides that of Maybourne's.
                  Another medieval culture was found in Demons (season 3).

I think TPTB should draw the line on what mythology to use. Next, it will be the hunt for bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, or alligators in the sewer. The Furlings might turn out to be El Chupacabra or the world's missing left socks.

Comment

i'm of a couple of minds....as a singular eps, eh, maybe. why not? they've hit other old mythologies. could be a fun one off

as a continuing theme/thread???? eh, i dunno. B5 sorta tried that for Crusade and it did not turn out well and i can't say i'm too fond of this whole 'god like beings' idea. overuse them too much and they're like the Q

they become nothing more than a plot device (course, ascension IS already nothing more than a plot device and a get out of death free card)

as much as i've enjoyed the odd authurian based movie, i can't say that i'd look forward to a whole seasons' worth of this
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And while I entirely support Stone henge being solved, I think that a most likely explanation could be an ancient weapon of mass destruction like the one Anubis attempted to test.

Sorry, but the idea has to many holes.

And btw, doesn't everyone seem to enjoy the more ancient cultures? Egyptology student so I absolutely love ancient cultures, and I am a bit harsh on the more recent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        How do you want it to play out/ be portrayed in the show?
                        Do you agree with incorporating these new themes in the show?
                        What do you think about the ideas I’m putting forward about how the main parts of the legends will be represented? \/

Camelot: The sister city to Atlantis, first build when the ancients returned to the MW, it primary function was as a warship (it was built to retake the PG from the wraith); however over time their new home was more important than the one they left behind. Until the ancients Ascended, Camelot was the jewel of the ancient civilisation. The tablet found in full circle mentioned a lost city of great power, we assumed through S7 this was Atlantis, but in fact Atlantis was the lost city not the great one mentioned on the tablet; there were two city’s, just to clarify, the ancients built Atlantis before Antarctica froze over and flew it to Pegasus, Camelot was the city built when they return though the Egypt gate and they settled in Britain, far from the now old frozen wasteland of Antarctica. Anyway the city was never taken from earth or destroyed and is completely intact; it survived until the Dark Age/ golden age. The golden age was in ancient history just before ascends; when the ancients had developed and redesigned the city so much that they no longer need bodies and ascended, this is when they hid the city and erected a great monument over city from stones that were used to create the foundations of the city 5000 years ago; this monument was Stonehenge. This is the reason Jackson goes to England the quest to release the city from the tomb it was imprisoned to after the ancients ascended and to use it to retake the empire of the ancients with the greatest city in their history.

Excalibur: sword of light, indestructible to all forces, this sword was a codename for a resistance movement within the ancient species that believed that to give up so much through ascension was foolish and that to do so would be a betrayal of all those who died in the name of the ancients (in the wraith was and the plague etc). They created this movement to stop ascension by destroying the one thing that can force all ascended beings to retake human form; the Holy Grail.

The holy grail: the chalice that is supposed to be the giver of immortal life is in fact the key to ascension, using the grail create a field in which all being within it are pure energy, when in this form the can leave the human plane, but if the grail is destroyed all good that has come as a result of the ascended is erased from space and time. This is the greatest weapon there is, for without the ancients or the ascended no life can exist.

Merlin: An ancient who was the first being to ascend; and therefore the one who at first used the new power to be a god. After realising his power was too great for a mere godlike existence he helped other ascend and with time all he had come to trust were at his side. Magic is said to be the weapon he used but the power of magic is simply knowledge to control all that others cannot; the true power of the ascended.

King Arthur: last human leader of the ancients and creator of Camelot, a gift to the form that had came to be known as the tauri, when the were ready the king of king would return and use the city and return the empire of the ancient in a great war that will either consume or liberate all.

Lady of the lake: A female ancient scientist who lived millions of years ago and whole name is sacred to all ancient and ascended one. She was the creator of the stargate, and therefore the reason all life exists; in our mythology she is Mother Nature, guardian of all life. She did not ascend but her descendants are always gifted with great power, skill, knowledge and respect among all. Daniel Jackson is one of her descendant and that is why he was so quickly able to ascend in to a being that would usually take many, many years to accomplish.

Avalon: Avalon is the shrine that Arthur went to ascend at after the ancients left at the end of the golden age, and at the start of the great invasion the goauld launched (they couldn’t find the city and they didn’t kill the ancients, the ancient just ascended and left earth to the goauld). The island is the place where Arthur hid the Holy Grail; the island was not an island as such I was the top of Stonehenge protected by a water like barrier (like the one in redemption). The grail has since disappeared and the Templar knights are much like the brotherhood was in Atlantis.

Long, detailed and interest I hope you’ll agree.
                        Opinions please.
                        Personally, I hate the idea that they are going to even bother exploring this very boring (IMO) part of Earth history. If the new enemy of Season 9 is some kinda weird wizard or something, I will stop watching the show, and I mean that. All that Knight-in-Shining Armor crap is...boring and dumb. Spend two shows on it and move on. There is sooooooo much more that they can explore and so many plots to tie up, they shouldn't waste precious time on fanciful and ridiculously idiotic plots like Camelot and King Arthur. Who the frell cares? Like I said, if this is any more than a 2 parter, SG-1 is dead in my book.

Stupid damn writers. They never do the right thing, or so it would seem.

Comment

well seeing that i live in england and the arthurian legends are some of our most enduring legend so i feel that doing this is giong to bring me closer ti the show and might bring in audiences that are usually exepmt some sci-fi e.g. historians. #
                          * avalon is a shrine where all those who lived in camoot assended with the grail.
                          *the lady of the lake is historic figure in ancient history, she doesnt esixt now but she just reveered as thier most important figure because she created the stargates.
                          *i am looking forward very much to this new theme and just hope they will do it right
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            I will keep an open mind. If they do, it should be interesting.

well especially as i have heard nothing about this, i'll have to say ditto... it could certainly be interesting

personally i wish they'd go back to ancient egypt or some other culture from that area of the world as influence again, but i don't see that happening...

so as i'm a big history person and i really like just about anything up til the renaissance (sp?) in europe and slightly later elsewhere, i think i'd be happy (if done well) with anything they do relating to king arthur, if that's what they end up doing

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
                              OK.... here's an OFFICIAL arthurian SG-1 script by Monty Python:

TIM: Behold the cave of Caerbannog!
                              ARTHUR: Right! Keep me covered.

Just kidding.
                              Bring forth a SHRUBBARY

nee nee nee
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                              X