50 years of Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 years of Trek

The past few weeks there has been a lot of celebration of 50 years of Trek. Last weekend BBC America re-ran the first two seasons of the Original series uncut. It was fun - they lasted about 70 minutes (they used to put fewer commercials). if you don't have them already on DVD - it was worth dvring. I also DVR'd a 50 years of Trek documentary that was on the History Channel. It was 2 hour show with some fascinating interviews.

So what are you doing to celebrate 50 years of Trek?

I watched the History channel show you watched, as well as a Smithsonian? I think it was Documentary on building the world of Star Trek; props, sets, etc, and the restoration of the original 11 foot model used in the series.

I watched some eps too, but I have the series on BD, so I watched from that, rather than BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I watched the History channel show you watched, as well as a Smithsonian? I think it was Documentary on building the world of Star Trek; props, sets, etc, and the restoration of the original 11 foot model used in the series.

I watched some eps too, but I have the series on BD, so I watched from that, rather than BBC.
      we've been too cheap to invest in trek (why oh why do all other tv shows get cheaper as time goes by but NOT trek?? hmmmm makes one think )

I have enjoyed a number of "science/historical " documentaries over the years on trek. one of my favorites is the "how Star Trek Changed the world. "

Comment

I wish I had known the History Channel was going to do this because I would have recorded it on my DVR. Does anyone know if this special, 50 Years of Star Trek and the one on the Smithsonian Channel, Building Star Trek are going to be available on DVD?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Well I just found out 50 Years of Star Trek, aired on The History Channel, and Building Star Trek, aired on the Smithsonian Channel, will be out on DVD, Region 1, November 1.

50 Years of Star Trek

Building Star Trek

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
          X