Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Babylon 5 episode made you cry?

What Babylon 5 episode made you cry?

The episode that made me cry was the last episode of season 5. So sad.
    Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

Usually ones when G'kar has long speeches.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't know about cry, TV doesn't really have that effect on me, but damned if this series didn't have some profoundly moving moments and episodes. Sometimes misty-eyed, sometimes shocking, sometimes blood-chilling...so many.
      • Londo's breathless acceptance of a drink from G'Kar after G'Kar learned of Emperor Turhan's desire to apologize, because he knows that he has already caused the Quadrant 14 massacre
      • Elric: "I hear millions of voices crying your name." Londo (hopeful): "My followers?" Elric: "Your victims."
      • Londo watches in horror as the war he started is ending with mass drivers pummelling the Narn homeworld into ashes
      • G'Kar's speech on freedom and tyrants when he loses his place on the Council because Narn has been conquered (I'm starting to detect a pattern here)
      • Sheridan's announcement of B5's secession from Earth Alliance, and the battle for B5's independence. And in particular, the desperation when the Churchill chose to ram the Roanoake
      • when the group of Shadow ships decloak/come out of hyperspace/otherwise-APPEAR around B5, awaiting Sheridan's decision on Z'ha'dum whether he will turn to their side
      • G'Kar's voiceover about the universe 'pausing', closing out Season 3
      • Londo realizing the horror about to befall Centauri Prime when the Regent tells him he has sent the fleet away and deactivated the planetary defense grid
      • Londo voluntarily surrendering to the Keeper
      • Sheridan & co.'s departure from B5 in Objects at Rest, saluting the next generation assembled in CnC

...I'm coming to the end of my latest B5verse rewatch/reread, so a lot of these are still (relatively) fresh in mind for me
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well there are many moments that had me choked up, but I would say Sleeping in The Light is still hard to take even when I re-watch it. I've re-watched the series several times and every time I get to Sleeping in The Light it is the same thing. I think it gets worse as the years pass because so many stars from Babylon 5 have passed away.

Comment

Working...
        X