2017 DragonCon Sept 1 - 4, Atlanta GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 DragonCon Sept 1 - 4, Atlanta GA

Tickets are $80 through 9/19/16. The price goes up incrementally every few month so now is the lowest price for a 4 day membership.

http://store.dragoncon.org/index.php...roducts_id=903
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Hotels include "host" hotels and "overflow" hotels in the downtown Atlanta area. DragonCon rate room reservation availability varies by hotel. Blocks of rooms may be released at different times or all at once on a scheduled day/time. Again varies by hotel. "Sold Out" or "Not Available" does not necessarily mean all the rooms are taken but that they have not been released to be reserved yet.

DC Link to Host Hotel Info: http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=host_hotels_view
    DC Link to Overflow Hotel Info: http://dragoncon.org/?q=hotels_overflow

Helpful groups not officially run by DragonCon on Facebook with updates, room share requests, etc.: https://www.facebook.com/DragonConHotelConnection/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/dragonconroomsgroup/
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

The DragonCon fan track that includes Stargate, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, and Babylon 5 is the Military SciFi Media Track.

This is there Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1701370370114274/

sigpic

Comment

It's much too early for any 2017 guest announcements. Don't expect much until after the new year. As this year's con just finished the guest list has not yet been cleared. I'll post the link to the guest page once it has been reset for 2017 so there is no confusion.

sigpic

Comment

I paid $110 for a 4-day 2016 membership this past April. I couldn't go, and I wish D*C gave refunds. I'll have to get a 2017 ticket next week.

Comment

I really wish I could go
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I'm so crossing my fingers for Jacqueline, Peter and Suanne back again! They were so so so awesome. I'm sure how DC is for repeat guests, but I sure would go just for them if they came back.

Comment

I've ordered the D*C 2017 four day membership.

Comment

Hotel is booked near Atlanta airport. All other hotels aren't available and the less expensive hotels have already double the rates, especially the ones near the convention.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                    Hotel is booked near Atlanta airport. All other hotels aren't available and the less expensive hotels have already double the rates, especially the ones near the convention.
                    I don't know if you've gone before, but MARTA is the best way to get from the airport to near where the host hotels are. The stop to get off at is Peachtree Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                      I don't know if you've gone before, but MARTA is the best way to get from the airport to near where the host hotels are. The stop to get off at is Peachtree Center.
                      Thanks, a friend(who I may be volunteering for) already gave me advice. My hotel will take me to the nearest Marta station. This is my first Dragon Con.

Comment

Wow...within 24-hour period after Dragon Con opened con hotel reservations, the con hotels sold out. From what I read on the official FB page, people who stayed at con hotels in previous years received vouchers for hotel bookings to make upcoming con reservations. No wonder the hotels filled so quick. Waiting for airlines to open flights between Aug 31-Sept 5.

Comment

Thanks, a friend(who I may be volunteering for) already gave me advice. My hotel will take me to the nearest Marta station. This is my first Dragon Con.
                          I suggest looking at the first timer tag at the Dragon-Con Livejournal community.

Comment

Wow...within 24-hour period after Dragon Con opened con hotel reservations, the con hotels sold out. From what I read on the official FB page, people who stayed at con hotels in previous years received vouchers for hotel bookings to make upcoming con reservations. No wonder the hotels filled so quick. Waiting for airlines to open flights between Aug 31-Sept 5.
                            Some times you get lucky & get something as the con time gets closer because people can't make it and cancel their reservations.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                              Some times you get lucky & get something as the con time gets closer because people can't make it and cancel their reservations.
                              I can't afford those room rates to book on my own. I'm barely going to make it for four nights at my current hotel which is less than $500. Another factor is I don't know anyone to share room costs. I don't have the deposit money either.

Comment

Working...
                              X