I had never watched SG until Last Week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had never watched SG until Last Week.

yeah, like the title says, I had never watched any SG, including the movie until a week ago.

The movie just honestly slipped by me because of life, but honestly I didn't watch SG1 the same reason I never watched Enterprise; Just as Scott Bacula will always be Sam Beckett for me, Richard Dean Anderson will always be McGuyver.

I would lie if I said I'm still not waiting for him to make a bazooka from bubblegum and a paperclip, but the McGuyver joke had me rolling and now I have the show going on full time.

Pretty excited.

Originally posted by pathrunner View Post
    ...Richard Dean Anderson will always be McGuyver.
    Quite possibly the main reason I continued watching SG1 when it was airing. Flipping channels, we were like, "Hey, what's MacGuyver doing, stepping through that watery ring?".

And basically nothing else was on TV that day so.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm currently watching Season 6 of SG-1, and I gotta tell you Stargate has a very meta feeling to it. Where it manages to build its own mythology and world successfully, it's not afraid to point and nod to the past of their actors and writers.
      Since all obviously know RDA used to be MacGyver, we all know Amanda Tapping was in X-Files, and SG incorporates that into their stories, and their speech. It's a thing of wonder.

Comment

Welcome to the black hole that is Stargate! Hehe

Hope you like the whole show. Later on SGA takes place at the same time as SG-1, so if you want to watch all the series, you may want to look into a suggested viewing order.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
          ...we all know Amanda Tapping was in X-Files...
          Actually, no, not all know or knew.

Other than RDA I had no clue whatsoever who these other people were.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Actually, no, not all know or knew.

Other than RDA I had no clue whatsoever who these other people were.
            Yep. There are a lot of people who didn't know Amanda was in the X-files. And while MacGyver is very well know, as is RDA, he isn't known to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Yep. There are a lot of people who didn't know Amanda was in the X-files. And while MacGyver is very well know, as is RDA, he isn't known to everyone.
              Ha, reminds me of the people asking about David Hasselhoff.
              Made me realize I'm getting older, when they don't even know Baywatch. I mean, who doesn't know Baywatch?

Comment

I'm probably younger than the main audience for Stargate, so I hadn't even heard of MacGyver, let alone RDA, before reading about his profile as an actor. I recognized Amanda and Mitch Pileggi from the X-Files, but even that was probably unusual since TXF was supposed to be before my time.

The cool thing is TXF was my 'gateway' to more sci-fi, and I watched Stargate directly after it. I think both shows are a great introduction to the genre, even at their age, and it seems inevitable that you would run into the actors on other shows airing even now. I love that Stargate would give nods to other shows that its actors had featured in - and other shows with those actors may reference Stargate in turn, like Teryl's character on Psych who had a goat named Cassie lol.

Shows like Stargate never really leave you.
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

The movie was the reason I started watching Stargate. I imagined how Earth would fair against Ra. Then one day I turn it to Sci Fi and there was a season 1 episode running. Must have been right after Sci Fi got the rights to SG-1 and where airing the first few seasons before airing new episodes. I didn't realize this at first and was simply thankful at the chance of being able to see 3 episodes in one day, homework? What homework?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    The movie was the reason I started watching Stargate. I imagined how Earth would fair against Ra. Then one day I turn it to Sci Fi and there was a season 1 episode running. Must have been right after Sci Fi got the rights to SG-1 and where airing the first few seasons before airing new episodes. I didn't realize this at first and was simply thankful at the chance of being able to see 3 episodes in one day, homework? What homework?
                    The only reason I even watched Stargate was because I was sick home with the flu
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      The only reason I even watched Stargate was because I was sick home with the flu
                      Thank goodness you got sick
                      rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Heck, i never knew Christopher judge (tealc), was also in Maguiver, and was recommend for SG1 by RDA till someone here mentioned it.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        I got into it from the movie too.. And when i first heard of there being a show it had already been out for a few years iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Heck, i never knew Christopher judge (tealc), was also in Maguiver, and was recommend for SG1 by RDA till someone here mentioned it.
                          I did not know that RDA recommended him. I knew of Judge's involvement in MacGuiyver...Macguiver....however you spell it, but not that.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Ha, reminds me of the people asking about David Hasselhoff.
                            Made me realize I'm getting older, when they don't even know Baywatch. I mean, who doesn't know Baywatch?
                            I know right? It's insane... But yeah, Stargate is a wonderful mix of American TV culture and homage to All sci-fi produced at the moment and before it. And I'm speaking as someone who just now started watching it, and is completely in love with the Jack/Daniel philosophical dichotomy, and the political conundrum taking place...

Sigh. It's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
                              Sigh. It's wonderful.
                              Enjoy, you shall.

Comment

Working...
                              X