Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished watching Farscape for the first time ever in 2016! [spoiler alert]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome video Bluemeany. I wanna make some too...

I hope my last post didn't sound like a was bashing John in any way. John was the man and that was a given, without getting into too much, he was a like a perfect constant throughout the series. When Scorpy got in his head I was like super worried. I've read where some might have thought he was whiny or something in the last season but i never felt that way, it was perfectly reasonable to be so in love with Aeryn (wink wink). Although as i mentioned he did hold back for whatever reason in s.4 but i understood it was a just a story line to keep him and Aeryn apart for a little longer and you always knew they would get back together. (they better had! =))

I just want to add, one of my favorite episodes with John in season 4 (well at least in season 4 because all episodes had John in them), was the one where he's trying to find the name of the Scarran base where they had Aeryn which could have been anywhere in infinite space, and he was looking through the old videos on earth and the recesses of his mind for any kind of clue. It was just super chilling, and so well done like something out of the Matrix or Inception, I had goose bumps the whole time, and was just glued to the screen like John was in the show. That was a memorable one for me...

Comment

Just gonna throw a random thought out there about a my experience with Farscape that I want to mention. As i mentioned, in season 1, Rygel was the first character that really kept me watching because he was so funny. When season 2 came, i noticed that they had upgraded his animatronics or his puppet or whatever, his mouth was more defined when he spoke and you could see his teeth. I guess the show was getting a lot of good feedback about him and they decided to 'invest' in him. My personal opinion is that i liked the more sluggish and unrefined look of Rygel in s.1, i felt it led more to his humour for me, and he was more believable as a being whereas the upgrade made him more un-lifelike to me.

I also think they decided to tone his character down, or actually make him less likable because he was becoming the star of the show and it wasn't supposed to be that way. (this is my personal opinion and conjecture).

I also think they had to tone him down because he was making a joke of the show, like stripping away the 4th wall or whatever you call it, and the show was supposed to be a sci-fi adventure with some humor thrown in and not the other way around.

To me, i always looked forward to hearing Rygel speak in s.2, he was still witty but he wasn't the same and his quips weren't as sharp as before. (maybe they were reserving that for Scorpious) And of course they threw in some unflattering characteristics like being selfish and greedy, i thought they emphasized it too much at times which turned me away from him a bit but i guess it got the job done and was good for his character development in the long run i suppose.

In season 3, i noticed they slightly increased the lag time of his mouth synching with his words, to make him more sluggish again (maybe because the had noticed it too) but they couldn't go back to the old model and it didn't matter much anyways because by then Rygel was all in his own.

When Rygel resurfaced again in season 4, i felt bad for him. He was pretty beat up and i don't think it was ever explained what happened to him during that time. I found in some episodes it looked like he had healed and in others, whatever happened to him between s.3 and s.4, had taken its toll although it was a hectic season and Rygel was actually cooperating with people for once (lol)

Comment

This is an awesome interview with Claudia in 2011 that came up in my recommended youtubes. It's a nice little summary of behind the scenes, you can really tell how much she loves Farscape and how she was always the "it" girl.

At 0:35, I love it how she says there were other choices to play Aeryn who were more attractive than her (no way!!)....and then

0:38 [how Ben says] no...Claudia's it. I want her.

What I would give to see those audition tapes or when Ben tracks her down to tell her "Nope, it's you that I want, it's you who is perfect".

1:50 (fight scene with Aeryn).......I can't help but remember Claudia saying in another interview how clumsy she really is in real life. (what a total babe!)

2:50 final scene of season 2 when Aeryn ejects from the plane. (it's so cute how she braces for impact but the Aeryn of season 1 would have never done it like that. Really speaks to how her character was evolving and becoming softer)
        Last edited by Mr.Sun; 15 September 2016, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Nice to know I'm not the only newcomer to farscape. My teenage daughter knows I love scifi (the HUGE collection of scifi books was a tell I am sure. ) so last year she bought my Farscape for Christmas. what a fun gift.

Comment

Come join us in the rewatch thread!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sun View Post
              Awesome video Bluemeany. I wanna make some too...

I hope my last post didn't sound like a was bashing John in any way. John was the man and that was a given, without getting into too much, he was a like a perfect constant throughout the series. When Scorpy got in his head I was like super worried. I've read where some might have thought he was whiny or something in the last season but i never felt that way, it was perfectly reasonable to be so in love with Aeryn (wink wink). Although as i mentioned he did hold back for whatever reason in s.4 but i understood it was a just a story line to keep him and Aeryn apart for a little longer and you always knew they would get back together. (they better had! =))
              You totally should! There's a deplorable lack of new Farscape content. 'Cause of the colours and the way they have the camera moving all the time it's a fun show to edit.

Comment

Gotta upgrade video quality before thinking of making any vids. Don't know how fast people would get sick of my videos as you can probably guess what they'd be about.... Maybe Santa will give me a nice gift this year too??

Comment

So for anyone out there.....remember, this is the first time i've ever seen the full series of Farscape and it's 2016! (i'm so behind).....I watched from season 1-4 in roughly 3 months.

Luckily though (you could say), I learnt that I accidentally skipped 2 episodes while i was watching the extras and reading up on some episodes.

Well, I worked myself up to watch one of those episodes last night "Through the Looking Glass" season 1 and what a trip that was. It was so surreal cuz it was like a reunion show but it's in the middle of s.1 and it's one of the only shows where i can remember them all together and laughing, like in lots of screen time. I totally loved it and it felt nostalgic (even though it's been about 2 weeks since I finished the series)...and it was such an insane show (probably the most insane one if I think about it) and it reminded me how crazy the show was (is).

So for anyone out there, if you accidentally skip this episode, you don't really lose anything and it's probably the best show you could skip if you do (funny as that sounds) because you get this really eerie flashback when you finally come back to it. I also recommend "Through the Looking Glass" if you just want to watch a really happy episode where everyone is all together and laughing (like seriously, Rygel was on a roll in this one).....but also a great example of how insane the show could be!

Cheers

Edit: I just want to add that i noticed Chiana quite a bit in this episode. It seemed like she was breaking the 4th wall quite a bit....(which might be another good reason to watch this episode for fans of hers......and another thing was she had an Australian accent which was quite noticeable which i never noticed before....Mandella effect anyone??...)
                  Last edited by Mr.Sun; 16 September 2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

I've never wanted to buy a video game just because of a voice before! (this is new) .......relevant to Farscape is Claudia Black in Call of Duty game 2016 with.....some space action!.... In case any fans are interested....

At the beginning and at 2:05

Comment

Have you seen the Peacekeepers Wars?

And also -- Claudia Black also does the voice of the female character in Uncharted (not the last game though).

And she's in the American remake of Cordon -- Flemish tv-show about a deadly outbreak. The remake has one season, the original Flemish version has two seasons (so far).

Comment

yes, I've seen Peacekeeper Wars. I clearly remember holding it off because I knew it was the last I could watch of Farscape, and I didn't know if it would address the season 4 end scene but refused to check online in case of spoilers, and then I dived into it and when the 'to be continued' screen hit, i was literally freaking out in my room because there was more to watch yes yes yes!

Thanks for the other suggestions. I still have one episode i missed from FS to watch but i've been pretty busy lately (and during s.4, i never let myself watch episodes if i had other things on my mind). I'll probably dive into Star Gate after that.....if any....i'm not big on tv series but i am a massive fan of FS and CB now. (lots of emotional investment....i'm overly sentimental, especially after FS now.... *sniff sniff)

I never appreciated how what some people call how 'sexy' Aeryn/Claudia's voice was until after the completing the series (i'll call it hypnotic) and finally allowing myself to youtube FS material and discovering how many video game etc., voice overs Claudia Black has done which made my "fascination" of her even more as i am major video game geek as well (of course I am). I love the idea that her voice was another thing that crept up on me from nowhere and is another element of why I'm so fascinated by the show.

I was on a plane the other day and there was this relaxation tape to listen to and i could have sworn it was Claudia Black and I was like 'no way, not here too'.....turned out it wasn't but if she did anything like that, I would be buy every one of them.....Claudia, if you're out there, please do some relaxation therapy tapes....!!

Aeryn Sun: ...now imagine your smile filling up the right corner of your mouth...breath slowly in... breath out....

Comment

The second episode i missed on my first run of FS was Dream a Little Dream, Re: Union.......seems like the ones i missed were all the good ones because according to Farscape trivia, this episode was the original opening episode to kick off season 2 but was re-ordered and re-shot for reasons....

my short little take on this episode and overall Zhann review is loved seeing her again, after a while, Zhaan always made me laugh everytime she would cry "noooooooooooeww", (although she doesn't do it in this episode)....... i swear it became her catch phrase at some point and the director was doing it purposely to make us laugh (nooooooooeeeww)....or anytime a scene demanded physical exertion from here lol......(of course no one could mess with crazy Zhann....which never fully fleshed out, thankfully for anyone who dare got in her way)

Short and simple tho, this episode is like a whodunit court case episode and totally stands on its own so its no wonder i didn't feel like i had missed anything in continuity. Great performance from Chiana in it (starting to appreciate her more, I didn't start to really really like her character until s.4 when she said something like "to bad we're still alive or it hasn't killed us yet John"....i felt she had really earned her stripes by then she was John's go-to-gal for anything important by that time.....his trust in her was solid by then and i don't i think you could have said the same in earlier seasons. I do recall perhaps my only "rewind scene" with Chiana in it in s.4 coincidentally too (which i couldn't believe at the time).... which i will gif one day when i get quality video and if it passes the censors Lastly on Chiana, i think it helps to watch her real life interviews after, because she seems super cool and just totally different from her character which brings a new respect to her acting and character.

Most memorable quote in this episode: (after releasing some helium) Rygel: "We're in court, so sue me!"

After watching both "season 2 opening episodes", yes, I prefer the way it was televised. It just got everyone back together in a hurry where they all belonged...(loved how FS did that.....just gave us the goods so we could enjoy it and get on with the next adventure).....and they were really playing up the "oh the family is back together again", which was kinda in your face and maybe a little cringe worthy (no..i take that back) though it was good to establish that and get you thinking about it (maybe i wasn't totally there yet in terms of the family reunion thing so good thing they did it!). Not only that, but for me......the s.2 opening episode had 2 of the most rewinded scenes ever for me and it was probably the point when i like really really fell for the Aeryn/CB character and couldn't wait until the next time she was on screen to confirm my suspicion...(plan to make gifs of them too someday)........one of the scenes i'm talking about is when John and Aeryn are hugging each other by Pilot like ordinary couples for the first time....i rewinded this scene like so many times......the way she moves her neck and forehead towards John (gotta be her natural mannerisms brought out on camera, loved it!).......and of course her pretty little baby hairs swaying in the light....the best part tho was when she lets out a soft "hmmm??"..(i believed she really slipped up here and showed us more of her true self by accident...and they even kept the shot and recorded voice on it ).....oh man......John (Ben actually) totally teased her for letting her guard down on camera.... you could totally tell.... **heart**

The other scene in this episode that makes it on my "most rewinded scenes in the series ever" was when Aeryn enters Tayln and her arms are totally bare (i think like the most ever til then and even that was enough to steal the scene)....and then she reaches up with both arms and hangs on to the bars for a brief moment.....oh man...totally foreign up until then........and you had Crais.....even the possibility of Dargo (which was always there especially in s.1).....good stuff *thumbs up*
                          Last edited by Mr.Sun; 30 September 2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Why rewind?

Unless you didn't understand what was being said (I never watch with subtitles, or in Farscape's case for the hearing impaired), what's the point in rewinding? Especially when you can watch the episodes over and over, and over again on DVD (or downloaded).

Comment

I may actually be brain impaired =P I found myself going back with subtitles more than a few times just to catch what (usually) Scorpius (the mastermind) was saying.

Comment

Just going to post a few confessions that i have about the show....and document them for any Farscape fans out there lol.....in case we share the same ones or maybe it scratches an itch in the back of your head somewhere.....(and also test out the spoiler tag!...I will end up overusing the spoiler tag too but....)....Feel free to post yours too if you like....

Confession # 1

Spoiler:
                                I did notice how "soft" Dargo's hands were in season 1, I don't want to say feminine because I know he would kick my you know what.........and how they covered them up in season 2...as an upgrade to his costume =))...

Confession # 2

Spoiler:
                                This is another confession about Dargo. I gotta admit, you know when Dargo would speak in that super soft voice of his, I don't know but....I could totally understand how he got all the ladies

Comment

Working...
                                X