No announcement yet.

Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, SGU sort of had both of a cliffhanger and series finale, if you will.
    I think they realized the show would be canceled, but were hoping for the best so the ending served both as a season finale(as did the Novus timeline too) and as a cliffhanger.
    re Timeless:
    Spoiler:
    I think the cliffhanger is going to be as suggested above, Rufus's life will be in imminent danger of being killed and just the way Jiya saw-also there's Jessica's pregnancy. There will also be a cliffhanger with Jessica possibly being tied up with Rittenhouse maybe knowingly or unknowingly and Wyatt will have angst over saving his future child/and or marriage and feelings for Lucy. Predictable but I still like this show and hope it continues.
    We already got a hint of possible motive for Jessica being part of Rittenhouse at least on the part of her parents. Her younger brother being saved with cutting edge medical technology from Leukemia.
    Some questions: What are the rules of time travel for them-they can't cross their own timeline or they can't go back to any time after they were born? Because in the conversation going back to 1981 obviously Agent Christopher couldn't go, but neither Flynn(who quipped he was in first grade in 1981) and Mason. As long as one went back to a different part of the world during a time they existed and didn't cross their own path, or not since they were born at all?
    Agent Christopher- I assume she now has had a memory of meeting them all along since 1981(which she didn't have before) and that would have been instrumental in her picking them for the team?
    Although she never met Wyatt or Rufus. Makes my head hurt, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
      Well, SGU sort of had both of a cliffhanger and series finale, if you will.
      I think they realized the show would be canceled, but were hoping for the best so the ending served both as a season finale(as did the Novus timeline too) and as a cliffhanger.
      re Timeless:
      Spoiler:
      I think the cliffhanger is going to be as suggested above, Rufus's life will be in imminent danger of being killed and just the way Jiya saw-also there's Jessica's pregnancy. There will also be a cliffhanger with Jessica possibly being tied up with Rittenhouse maybe knowingly or unknowingly and Wyatt will have angst over saving his future child/and or marriage and feelings for Lucy. Predictable but I still like this show and hope it continues.
      We already got a hint of possible motive for Jessica being part of Rittenhouse at least on the part of her parents. Her younger brother being saved with cutting edge medical technology from Leukemia.
      Some questions: What are the rules of time travel for them-they can't cross their own timeline or they can't go back to any time after they were born? Because in the conversation going back to 1981 obviously Agent Christopher couldn't go, but neither Flynn(who quipped he was in first grade in 1981) and Mason. As long as one went back to a different part of the world during a time they existed and didn't cross their own path, or not since they were born at all?
      Agent Christopher- I assume she now has had a memory of meeting them all along since 1981(which she didn't have before) and that would have been instrumental in her picking them for the team?
      Although she never met Wyatt or Rufus. Makes my head hurt, lol.
      Spoiler:
      Current rules are that you can't go back to a time in which you were alive. But then the conversation between Flynn and Lucy suggests that rule will one day be gone, since she went back into her own lifetime to give Flynn the journal. Yes, it makes your head hurt!

I wish they'd just announce it already if they're renewing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        AMEN!
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Current rules are that you can't go back to a time in which you were alive. But then the conversation between Flynn and Lucy suggests that rule will one day be gone, since she went back into her own lifetime to give Flynn the journal. Yes, it makes your head hurt!

yes-would be nice! I think this coming episode will be a two hour one and I hope if it won't be renewed that it get's semi-wrapped up. On the other hand, wasn't it brought back due to fan demand?

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            yes-would be nice! I think this coming episode will be a two hour one and I hope if it won't be renewed that it get's semi-wrapped up. On the other hand, wasn't it brought back due to fan demand?
            Yes, and again it is high on the list of shows that fans are wanting brought back.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Yes, and again it is high on the list of shows that fans are wanting brought back.
              If it wasn't in such a god awful time slot, it would do better in the ratings. From what I've seen on Tumblr, not many people watch it live but they do watch it the next day.

Comment

If it wasn't in such a god awful time slot, it would do better in the ratings. From what I've seen on Tumblr, not many people watch it live but they do watch it the next day.
                I agree...I feel they really stepped things up this season and improved over the first season. Hopefully, we'll find out something soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I agree...I feel they really stepped things up this season and improved over the first season. Hopefully, we'll find out something soon.
                  The show was much better in season 2. But that ain't what feeds the bulldogs. As I understand it, its ratings slipped significantly from S1, and it just got renewed by the skin of its teeth last year.

I expect it to be cancelled. (but I hope I'm wrong) Tvbythenumbers' cancel bear is preparing condiments.. even it's co-creator admits it could go either way.

I think we have to hope someone else picks it up.

Comment

So did everyone see the final 2 episodes? I thought they were wonderful.
                    Spoiler:
                    Although I thought the 'Jessica is Rittenhouse' thing was a little too predictable

I can't believe we're STILL waiting on renewal news.

Comment

I don't get it. How can "Jessica be Rittenhouse?"
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I liked it, and it is satisfactory as a series finale. Granted, I would like to see it renewed, but I don't think it will be. At least the left the door open for renewal at the end.
                        Spoiler:
                        It was nice that they hinted that Rufus survived in the last scene, leaving themselves a natural starting off point for next season if they get one, but an acceptable ending if they don't.

Yeah, Jessica was too good to be true, you sorta had to expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Aside from the very young, I don't think there is a human alive who hasn't wished they could go back in time and do something differently.
                          Perhaps to change history for the better? To make right what once went wrong?

Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

So did everyone see the final 2 episodes? I thought they were wonderful.
                            Spoiler:
                            Although I thought the 'Jessica is Rittenhouse' thing was a little too predictable

I can't believe we're STILL waiting on renewal news.
                            I agree it was predictable from the moment they showed her.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I don't get it. How can "Jessica be Rittenhouse?"
                            Because they raised her. Sortta like Hitler Youth during WWII.

I still wanna know why they picked David Rittenhouse as the founder of this clandestine group. Nothing I've red about him historically points to him starting this type of organization.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I, too, was glad with the very last scene which left an opening for getting Rufus back. I honestly
                              was surprised when he was actually killed. Not so much with Nicholas. I figured he would get it
                              sometime, as he was actually supposed to die in WW1. It was confirmed in the next to the last
                              episode that he indeed originally died in WW1 leaving a surviving two year old daughter,
                              Carol's mother.
                              Speaking of Carol, not a good idea to tick Emma off with bragging about Rittenhouse bloodlines
                              ruling. Will be interesting to see where they go with that next season, if there is one. And
                              devastating for Lucy, coming to the realization that her own mother sold her soul and even a
                              child for immortality and Rittenhouse.
                              So next season if there is one, looks like they will find a way to get around the rules about
                              crossing your own timeline, as Flynn suggested and we saw in the last scene. In a way I am
                              disappointed as it was the one rule that made this show different from a lot of other time travel
                              shows. But it will allow them to get Rufus back ,and maybe set other things straight, and
                              maybe even get Lucy's sister back.
                              Food for Thought:

Is Jessica REALLY pregnant?
                              If Carol ever comes back, will Lucy ever be able to have a relationship with her again?

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Yeah I called it way back with Jessica. I figured she would either be an unknowing tool used
                                by Rittenhouse to get at Wyatt or would actually be Rittenhouse. That was pretty predictable

Comment

Working...
                                X