No announcement yet.

Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am watching Time After Time, I too remember the 1979 movie as being better.
    Time travel stories are tough for large networks that need huge audience numbers. They can get very hard for the casual viewer to follow and mentally keep track of what changes in the past have done to "present" time.

I would also imagine they are hard to write, attention to detail must be at the anal retentive level to keep continuity straight, and they can lock themselves into paths that they didn't intend.

I've given up on Frequency, I don't think it will get another season, and I doubt TaT will either. Timeless has a decent chance of coming back, though.

Comment

"Time After Time" has been cancelled after 5 episodes.
      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-at-abc-989811

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        "Time After Time" has been cancelled after 5 episodes.
        http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-at-abc-989811
        Not surprised, I tried watching it and gave up half way into episode 3. HG Wells was just an annoying whimp!!! Frequency wasn't much better sadly. Both movies are ones I really like and didn't think you could drag the concept and ideas out for a TV series.

At least Timeless had an original set up and is the better one out of these time travel series'. As always it works when as a viewer you can relate even a little to the characters. I liked how the 3 totally different people learned to work together and it was entertaining to see how they worked with historical characters!

Travellers is my favourite current time travel show though as it has an element of Quantum Leap where peoples' bodies in our present are taken over by time travellers, although permanently in this case. Their efforts to change their futures don't always go to plan though as they are hampered by the lives/bodies of those they took over. Also it was created by Stargate's very own Brad Wright so you get to see familiar faces from Stargate.

Comment

Perhaps it would have worked better as a miniseries.
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            Not surprised, I tried watching it and gave up half way into episode 3. HG Wells was just an annoying whimp!!! Frequency wasn't much better sadly. Both movies are ones I really like and didn't think you could drag the concept and ideas out for a TV series.
            I rather liked the presentation of Wells in this. It carried the message that he came from a more civilized era than we exist in nowadays.

Comment

I like what I've seen of Timeless well enough, i've only gotten halfway through the season though because I had too many shows to watch and I fell behind with it.

I've never watched Time after Time, I remember seeing a trailer for it awhile ago, but the premise didn't interest me. For some reason, I got the impression that it was going to be some show about a guy from the past ( H.G Wells) hooking up with a girl from the present, while trying protect said girl from a villain from his time (Jack the Ripper).

I couldn't make it through the first episode of Frequency, I did like the movie it was based on though.

I love Travelers, I watched the first season all the way through 3 times. I was so glad to hear that it got a second season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                I like what I've seen of Timeless well enough, i've only gotten halfway through the season though because I had too many shows to watch and I fell behind with it.

I've never watched Time after Time, I remember seeing a trailer for it awhile ago, but the premise didn't interest me. For some reason, I got the impression that it was going to be some show about a guy from the past ( H.G Wells) hooking up with a girl from the present, while trying protect said girl from a villain from his time (Jack the Ripper).

I couldn't make it through the first episode of Frequency, I did like the movie it was based on though.

I love Travelers, I watched the first season all the way through 3 times. I was so glad to hear that it got a second season.
                I stayed current w/ Timeless, which has now finished its first season. The Cancel Bear
                has it as a toss-up for renewal at this point. I hope it gets renewed.

Time after Time was pretty much what you had it as, but more layers of complexity were being added on each week. We'll never see the end of this one unless ABC burns it sometime over the summer.

I tried Frequency for a few weeks, but it couldn't hold my interest.

I haven't seen Travelers. Yet, anyway.

Comment

Time After Time was poorly written, acted and executed. The movie, however, was beautifully written and acted...so in all a GREAT disappointment. I watched the first ep of Travelers, should get back to it, since so many like it. Timeless was getting better and better...I hope they give it more chances, but I am not hopeful. I sometimes wonder with the creative accounting in Hollywood, whether they just do this for tax write-offs....

Comment

I also stayed current with Timeless and would like to see it come back for another season.
                    I watched one episode of Time after Time and also of Frequency but wasn't able to stay with them. I work nights so I have to watch on Demand to see my shows, so I just didn't have the disposable time for them and they didn't hold my interest. I loved the Frequency movie, though. I should check out Travelers.

Comment

Alas, it's clock has run out.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/timeless...on-1202088271/

Comment

Nope, it's uncancelled:
                        https://www.tvinsider.com/195223/tim...enewed-by-nbc/
                        sigpic

Comment

woohoo!
                          All together now... "Let's do the time warp again!"

I hope ABC rethinks one of their cancellations, too.. "Last Man Standing" was doing decent on Friday nights, but it got the axe this week, too.

Comment

Decent is why it got cancelled. It was getting expensive because it was older
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I actually was sort of expecting it to get axed last spring, and was pleasantly surprised when it was picked up again. Tim Allen doesn't come cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                                Maybe Sam Beckett had something to do with it.
                                Waddya think?

Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X