• Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Days.....That was it.

I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      Watched the first 2 eps. Not bad but I agree that it won't get to a second season. Its "Time Travel Mechanics" was starting to give me a headache. That and the Time Machine really reminded me of a relatively recent show that this one seems to have .....BORROWED a lot of its Plot Points from. And why do they keep making the Black Guy on the show the Chauffeur?

The character's name is "Rufus Carlin".

Recall the two time periods they visited so far and his line to Karl and Lucy: "There was no time in American history that was safe for a black man."

In order to not arouse suspicion and possibly damaging the timeline, all three travellers need to blend in as best as possible. Even if it means, sadly, taking a subservient or demeaning persona. While it hasn't been mentioned, they may have the Star Fleet equivalent of the Temporal Prime Directive.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Trivia:

The names of the three main characters are references to characters in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989). Lucy Preston and Wyatt Logan have the same last names as Bill Preston and Ted Logan; Rufus Carlin is a nod to Rufus, who was played by George Carlin.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5511582/...ef_=tt_trv_trv
        (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post

Recall the two time periods they visited so far and his line to Karl and Lucy: "There was no time in American history that was safe for a black man."

In order to not arouse suspicion and possibly damaging the timeline, all three travellers need to blend in as best as possible. Even if it means, sadly, taking a subservient or demeaning persona. While it hasn't been mentioned, they may have the Star Fleet equivalent of the Temporal Prime Directive.
          If so, they're doing just as good a job adhering to it as Kirk and other fleet captains did.

Comment

They did all of that BEFORE they even Time Traveled.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Whats up with all the time traveling series this fall ?
              This Timeless was first, then Frequency and now Travelers.

And why always these time traveler series must be going back in time and never into future.
              Ok Frequency isn't traveling but talking trough time with radio.

Travelers is a group of people in future that use there technology to set there soul back in time to our present time.
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

TV execs probably saw how good x-men days of future past was and though I want me some of that.

Seems to go in circles doesn't it? Time travel one year, fantasy the next, paranormal after that, space travel, post apocolipse zombies etc. Then eventually back to a time travel based series.

Is their in-NASCAR coverage advertising true? Has this become the highest rated Monday show this year for it's timeslot?

Comment

I wish NBC didn't cancel Quantum Leap, though perhaps, it continues to live by inspiration of these shows.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

I wonder why the telegram wasn't delivered? Would it be because he didn't tell the guy where to send it?

And obvious be obvious way of bringing something back to the future that wasn't safe to carry in the ship, such a simple solution, I get the feeling that the Elon Musk type guy would spend billions of $ and months of time trying to solve a problem that the others cured with a shovel

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      I wonder why the telegram wasn't delivered? Would it be because he didn't tell the guy where to send it?

And obvious be obvious way of bringing something back to the future that wasn't safe to carry in the ship, such a simple solution, I get the feeling that the Elon Musk type guy would spend billions of $ and months of time trying to solve a problem that the others cured with a shovel
                      Yeah, I noticed he didn't give the address.
                      Let's assume for a moment that he did give the address off-scene, then there are several explanations as to what may have happened.
                      1. The guy thought he was a kook and didn't send the telegram.
                      2. The telegram fell behind a filing cabinet.
                      3. It was delivered, but his late wife thought it was a joke and got rid of it.
                      etc...
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

Watched the first 2 eps. Not bad but I agree that it won't get to a second season. Its "Time Travel Mechanics" was starting to give me a headache. That and the Time Machine really reminded me of a relatively recent show that this one seems to have .....BORROWED a lot of its Plot Points from. And why do they keep making the Black Guy on the show the Chauffeur?
                        He's the pilot.
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

He's the pilot.
                          Well that might make sense if he was an ACTUAL PILOT! Instead of a "Coder" like the guy stated in the show.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Well that might make sense if he was an ACTUAL PILOT! Instead of a "Coder" like the guy stated in the show.
                            Karl said to him "You're the pilot."
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

...This show SO reminds me of 7 days....only not quite as fun....
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

The humour is there, it's just not enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X