Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    What did everyone think of the finale? I thought it came across as poorly written Lyatt fanfic brought to life.

People I know called it lazy.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That too. Don't know if I have to use spoiler tags here.

Spoiler:
      Making Jessica not pregnant and "evil" was lazy.

I also thought that the second half dragged.

Comment

I liked it, but it did seem rushed, which wasn't surprising since they had a lot of threads to tie up and:
        Spoiler:
        I seriously thought that Lucy should have gotten her sister back. In fact, I was surprised they didn't find a way to do that, although I totally get why she didn't trust Emma. I guess I honestly just thought that the series finale would have that since it was the oldest thread that needed to be tied up. In fact, there were other scenes that could have been cut that would have made room for that, in my opinion.
        Of course I was very glad they got Rufus back.

Comment

Well you can certainly tell they had zero budget for these episodes. I just found both of them boring myself. I didn't feel they were rush, I just felt they wasted a tonne of time on stuff I really don't care about, Lyatt and lucy and Jiya and Rufus relationships. An there was just generally way to much talking and not enough action. Should have save all the mopey crap for five minutes, an had a rocking adventure trying to stop Jiya vision from happening. Which is the result of the actions being done by those two from the future.
          Last edited by knowles2; 26 December 2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Well you can certainly tell they had zero budget for these episodes. I just found both of them boring myself. I didn't feel they were rush, I just felt they wasted a tonne of time on stuff I really don't care about, Lyatt and lucy and Jiya and Rufus relationships. An there was just generally way to much talking and not enough action. Should have save all the mopey crap for five minutes, an had a rocking adventure trying to stop Jiya vision from happening. Which is the result of the actions being done by those two from the future.
            Most TV shows spend far too much time on the barnyard dance / emo stuff these days.
            And yes, I did think this was a rush job & the network was kinda skimpy on the budget.

But at least we got a finale and wrap-ups for most of it. Better than the nothing we could have gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Most TV shows spend far too much time on the barnyard dance / emo stuff these days.
              And yes, I did think this was a rush job & the network was kinda skimpy on the budget.

But at least we got a finale and wrap-ups for most of it. Better than the nothing we could have gotten.

I totally agree. Now hope this is made more widely available. Just starting season 2

Comment

Do you think their time machine prop is ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  I totally agree. Now hope this is made more widely available. Just starting season 2
                  S1/2 are already out on optical media, I have no reason to expect the finale won't be released as well.
                  I'll get this series on BD / DVD at some point, but I'll wait for a series set release, including S1/2 and the finale.

And yes, the Lifeboat is ugly.. but remember, it was supposed to be a backup machine, the "main" time machine which Rittenhouse has (the white one) is somewhat more aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

Did anyone else felt the team break up and going their seperate ways didn't make much sense. Jiya presumably still had her visions and she knew a horrible future waited for them, they never knew enough about Rittenhouse to be 100% sure that they didn't have a element out their building a copy of the time machine or other factions intent on rebuilding the organisation, they had it in their possession long enough to study it.
                    An on top of this Connor had already convince Denise that others will invent time travel, it only a matter of time.

A better ending would have been Denise announcing that they were going to become a permanent government organisation with a remit to protect the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      S1/2 are already out on optical media, I have no reason to expect the finale won't be released as well.
                      I'll get this series on BD / DVD at some point, but I'll wait for a series set release, including S1/2 and the finale.

And yes, the Lifeboat is ugly.. but remember, it was supposed to be a backup machine, the "main" time machine which Rittenhouse has (the white one) is somewhat more aesthetically pleasing.

I liked both designs.... I actually thought the lifeboat looked cool with the moving parts on it. But climbing in and out was a bit iffy the way the rings go.

Comment

Well you can certainly tell they had zero budget for these episodes. I just found both of them boring myself. I didn't feel they were rush, I just felt they wasted
                        a tonne of time on stuff I really don't care about, Lyatt and lucy and Jiya and Rufus relationships. An there was just generally way to much talking and not enough action. Should have save all the mopey crap for five minutes, an had a rocking adventure trying to stop Jiya vision from happening. Which is the result of the actions being done by those two from the future.
                        I agree 100%. I was actually checking my phone during the second half, I was so bored.

Did anyone else felt the team break up and going their seperate ways didn't make much sense. Jiya presumably still had her visions and she knew a horrible future waited for them, they never knew enough about Rittenhouse to be 100% sure that they didn't have a element out their building a copy of the time machine or other factions intent on rebuilding the organisation, they had it in their possession long enough to study it.
                        An on top of this Connor had already convince Denise that others will invent time travel, it only a matter of time.

A better ending would have been Denise announcing that they were going to become a permanent government organisation with a remit to protect the past.
                        Again, I agree. It seems like they wanted to make a "happy ending" (for everyone except for Amy and Flynn) so that they sacrificed plot in order to make it happen.

Comment

Well...I enjoyed the 2 parter for what it was. It wrapped up the series. It is more than we get from some shows.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just finished season 2. That was fun.

Only that teaser at the en. How can future Lucy and company be in the same room as present day Lucy and company? I thought this show had rules about that.

Comment

The two part finale just aired on local TV here. It was good. Not sure about the last scene though because with no future series what was the point?

Comment

Hello, everybody. I have just started watching Timeless. There is one area that so far does not seem to be of concern in the story. Given the fact that even a small change in history can affect the lives and even the society, how can any of the participants, INCLUDING the bad guys such as Flynn (who is trying to eliminate the Rittenhouse organization which apparently is who is trying to use Rufus on every trip) even know whether even the smallest changes they create will not change their OWN lives or the world, or even the very existence of the Timeless project?!!

For instance, if Flynn or our heroes make a change in history, isn't there the possibility that this could result in the non-existence (like Lucy's sister Amy) of any one of them, including themselves? Or for that matter, a small change created by Flynn or our heroes could create a scenario where the ship returns to base only to find out that the whole project has changed significantly or even no longer exists??!!

There is the danger that if their slight change caused the project not to exist at all, they would either disappear, or some other parts of the storyline would change irreparably? And wouldn't any change in Lucy's life have also produced some kind of change in everybody else's life?!

Finally, how is it that the Timeless management staff at Mason does not help their own travelers in dealing with changes in their personal lives?!! Especially when any revelation of their work is considered treason?
                                What say ye???
                                Thanks!
                                Last edited by Davey; 16 July 2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X