No announcement yet.

Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many others have said here I enjoyed the first episode but like many other scifi shows I can't see this doing more then 1 season, 2 if we're lucky. Most likely will end on some cliffhanger like always as well lol. Not to sounds negative but just seems like another scifi show that we all like that ends up getting cancelled

1 big reason why I KNOW it will be cancelled. The premise is very similar to the tv series Rewind which only lasted 1 episode yes just 1 episode.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      I also got a Stargate vibe, but that is never a bad thing .

I actually thought the reporter was going to be the fourth team member, I was suprised when she ended up dying anyway. It could have been that she time traveled and everyone thought that she died. Oh well.
      Maybe that is why they let her die off.. They didn't WANT it turning into the 4 man 'away team' troupe of SG1..

Comment

They probably never even heard of Stargate
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the ratings? I enjoyed the show last Monday, but I'm stuck at work today. I'm DVRing the show though.
          sigpic

Comment

Hard to tell at this moment since only one episode has aired
            Jelgate is right

Comment

tvbythenumbers says the pilot had decent ratings, 1.9(18-49), 7% share, 7.66 million.

Comment

I repeat my statement. Series premieres have a tendency to be crazy high
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it will sustain these numbers. Like I said, sci-fi, and particular, time travel doesn't hold a mass audience.

Comment

Haven't watched the second episode yet but I hope they don't spend the series rewriting our history. I thought it would have been better if the 'in series" history had a different story and the event was changed to our actual history so when they returned to the future everything was as we know it, although I'm not sure how they could work that into the stories.

But alas it's NBC so we all know they want instant success so will cancel this as soon as the figures start dropping, maybe they should go back in time and shoot whoever keeps cancelling everything at Nothing But Commercials.

Comment

The reason given as to why they can't go back again to fix history is because they can't be in the past with themselves twice.

They need to send this guy to fix things - to set right what once went wrong:

Total syffy posts: 36,690
                      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                      Matthew 5:9

Comment

I finally got to watch the second episode last night. I found it enjoyable. Yet, I didn't notice any ramifications for their actions other than their alteregos appearing in the historical record now.
                        sigpic

Comment

If there is an episode about a major change in history, I'm guessing it'll either be a two-parter or season cliffhanger.
                          Last edited by pscard; 14 October 2016, 01:27 PM.
                          Total syffy posts: 36,690
                          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            I thought it would have been better if the 'in series" history had a different story and the event was changed to our actual history so when they returned to the future everything was as we know it, although I'm not sure how they could work that into the stories.
                            Actually that's a pretty good idea. ^^ I would find that an interesting premise.
                            I've been watching this, too. Caught up with the 2nd episode. I agree it probably won't last more than one season.
                            I like it but for one, why not much security around the time machine? I mean you think that would be guarded to the max, something with the potential to create that much damage. I mean:
                            Spoiler:
                            There's a few guards at the gate to this thing that Flynn is able to easily shoot and overpower and again easily able to kidnap a scientist/pilot and take the thing back in time. Granted Homeland Security didn't know much about it until after the fact. And Lucy seems to be the only one to understand that they can't alter history-Wyatt and Rufus don't seem to understand this as much. I did like the fact that there were consequences to the changing of the crash of the Hindenberg-Lucy's sister was never born. Enjoyed the second episode, will be interesting to see if there are any more alterations to their timeline next ep. Wonder if they'll do an episode where someone finds the time machine, parked in a field in the past.. Has it been explained how the time machine works? If it was, I missed it.

Comment

They explained it but only by saying the piece of paper was time and the machine folded two sections together to make it possible to go back, they haven't explained how they get back to the future either.

Plus there is the watch house subplot that hasn't been explored either yet.

Comment

Watched the first 2 eps. Not bad but I agree that it won't get to a second season. Its "Time Travel Mechanics" was starting to give me a headache. That and the Time Machine really reminded me of a relatively recent show that this one seems to have .....BORROWED a lot of its Plot Points from. And why do they keep making the Black Guy on the show the Chauffeur?
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X