• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You had to know this was the most likely scenario
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Of course I did. But I really liked this show, and I wanted it to go on.

Comment

Well at least that is something. I hope they do the movie
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

You'd think the likes of Sony would learn when the exact same thing happens over and over with their shows on NBC.

There will be no movie, calling it now, if NBC were that interested in finishing the story, they'd have ordered a series 3, there are so many loose threads in the series that they can't all be tied up in a 90 minute movie. The movie talk is just a pathetic attempt to ward off irate fans by giving them hope.

NBC are awful.

Comment

They ought let SyFy channel have it. They own that anyway, and that channel certainly needs something to draw viewers. A cable channel might be able to live with the ratings it draws, but the question is the cost.

But Ian-S is probably right, there will likely be no movie.

Comment

Not unexpected, still disappointing.

Comment

*Sigh* Very disappointed but not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  They ought let SyFy channel have it. They own that anyway, and that channel certainly needs something to draw viewers. A cable channel might be able to live with the ratings it draws, but the question is the cost.

But Ian-S is probably right, there will likely be no movie.
                  It can't be anymore costly than the special effects drenched CW shows...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Well that sucks. Shows should really have learned by now to stop ending seasons on cliffies
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      It can't be anymore costly than the special effects drenched CW shows...
                      I dunno.
                      I don't watch the comics universe on CW as a whole, but I do watch Supergirl & Legends of Tomorrow (? The one with the blonde chick leading the team)
                      Many of the effects in those two happen very fast, too fast for the human eye to follow. Supergirl taking off at warp speed, for example. A lot of this crap is too fast for dvr's to watch really slow either.
                      By doing stuff that is that fast, they don't have to worry about quality; it happens too fast to see anyway.

Comment

Still trying to wrap my mind around the reveals in the last 3 episodes, especially episode 9 we finally find out who
                        Spoiler:
                        Cole's mother is, still trying to figure out how that can be

Comment

I heard a while back that people were trying to get it revived again. Has there ever been a show that has gotten a third chance?
                          sigpic

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. At least not where the series was picked up again after a 2nd cancellation. Obviously, some franchises such as Star Trek have gone on long after original cancellation, but I can't think of a series which was given a second chance the year after cancellation and then survived a 2nd cancellation.

At this point, I think Netflix or some cable network is our best hope, but the ratings on this declined from S1 to S2, so that's a slim hope at best. Another possible path is that an educational organization might team with someone, because this show does teach history in a way that people will watch.

Maybe we'll get a movie to wrap things up, though.

Comment

Wow...this is not surprising...but still disappointing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Bummer!
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X