Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Well, I guess everyone would have their own idea about that, but I would like no cliffhangers, like we have w/ Rufus this year, and explanations for some of the puzzles.. how the changes caused some people not to exist, others to live again, and what Rittenhouse's overall plan/goals were and how they got started up for a start.

Ooh that might be too much work for modern TV writers /s
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And another week has passed with no word.

Am I confused? Wasn't the suspense builder supposed to be the on-screen cliffhanger regarding Rufus?

Comment

And another week has passed with no word.

Am I confused? Wasn't the suspense builder supposed to be the on-screen cliffhanger regarding Rufus?
        I know! This is just crazy. Just decide for heaven's sake.

Comment

Yup...this is a pain...
          sigpic

Comment

And another week goes by....

Comment

I think it's cancelled.

Comment

Every Friday I assume the cancellation is going to be part of a Friday news dump. This is getting ridiculous. Lucifer got picked up by Netflix. I'm afraid that NBC is taking so long that by the time they officially cancel, it will be too late to get picked up by anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Every Friday I assume the cancellation is going to be part of a Friday news dump. This is getting ridiculous. Lucifer got picked up by Netflix. I'm afraid that NBC is taking so long that by the time they officially cancel, it will be too late to get picked up by anyone else.
                  At this point, I'm sure the producers are at the very least "unofficially" shopping it around. Since NBC hasn't officially canceled it yet, they have probably not destroyed the sets, etc. If NBC keeps it, fine, but if they don't, Netflix/Amazon or whoever could just buy the sets from NBC. Downtime could be minimal, but yeah, we are probably looking at next summer rather than next spring. If ever.

Comment

How much do you think the time machine prop would cost?

I wonder if someone out there collects such props?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      How much do you think the time machine prop would cost?

I wonder if someone out there collects such props?
                      I don't think cost is much a factor, but time to build would be a delay.

I suspect the real cost of this show is all the period materials, sets, clothing, cars and whatnot from past eras.

That's what happened in the 1970's with "Wonder Woman"; S1 was set in WWII, and the production costs were eating them alive due to the past era setting. The show was cancelled by its original network after S1. Another network picked it up for 2 more seasons, but they moved it to the contemporary era to cut out the period costs.

Comment

I don't think cost is much a factor, but time to build would be a delay.

I suspect the real cost of this show is all the period materials, sets, clothing, cars and whatnot from past eras.

That's what happened in the 1970's with "Wonder Woman"; S1 was set in WWII, and the production costs were eating them alive due to the past era setting. The show was cancelled by its original network after S1. Another network picked it up for 2 more seasons, but they moved it to the contemporary era to cut out the period costs.

Cars could be rented from collectors in the area or museums, that's not a biggy. Clothes can be made to order but that again is cost so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Cars could be rented from collectors in the area or museums, that's not a biggy. Clothes can be made to order but that again is cost so yeah.
                          Those car rentals can get pretty expensive. But my bigger concern is the actors. Eventually, they'll want to move on.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Their contracts will expire shortly
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's dead Jim........ I'm calling it now.

Comment

And we have our answer.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/timeles...ie-1202383188/

But what about Rufus? This is bad news for Timeless fans — for a second consecutive year, NBC has canceled the time-travel series. This time, NBC postponed the renewal decision until after the May upfronts; it comes just days before the options of the series’ cast are set to expire.

That was in part because the network and Timeless producer Sony Pictures TV had been discussing doing a two-hour movie that would resolve the cliffhanger in the recent Season 2 finale and wrap the stories on the show, giving fans closure. I hear the two sides have not been able to make the economics work so far but conversations continue, and NBC appears interested.

Sony TV is known for fighting for its shows. The studio already tried shopping Timeless to other buyers and is expected to explore every avenue, but I hear it is not planning to extend the cast’s options, which expire June 30, as it is pretty costly. If a movie materializes, everyone will have to make a new deal, but given how invested all stars of the show have been, engaging the fans on social media, that likely won’t be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X