Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeless (NBC)

From Eric Kripke ("Revolution," "Supernatural"), Shawn Ryan ("The Shield") and the producers of "The Blacklist" comes this thrilling action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist, a soldier and a history professor who use the machine's prototype to travel back in time to critical events. While they must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive. Can this handpicked team uncover the mystery behind it all and end his destruction before it's too late?
    sigpic

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Looks interesting, but I'll be surprised if it makes the cut to a second season.
        The mass audience that NBC would require simply doesn't have the desire to keep track of all the wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey aspects of a time travel story.

Comment

Sounds cool, I'm definitely going to check it out. But sadly I have to agree, the average NBC viewer probably doesn't care about a story that involves thought.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll be checking this one out too. I love anything to do with time travel. It seems time travel is the latest trend for TV networks, I've never known so many different time travel shows to be on at the same time! Looking forward to seeing how 'Frequency' turns out, I really liked the original movie.

Comment

Depending on what else is on during that time slot, i might give it a whirl..

Comment

It looks interesting, I'm planning on checking it out.
                sigpic

Comment

The more I've seen about this show the more interesting it seems.
                  sigpic

Comment

Finally watched the pilot and I liked it. I also didn't see the end coming.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not bad, not wow! That ending was a surprise, until then I wasn't sure if I would watch the next episode.

Comment

Interesting show.. Decent acting, but i really was surprised 'blondie' that reporter still died.. I was hoping she was joining the 'team'...

Comment

I like the show and it's premise.
                          1: It seems that they are allowing at least minor changes to history from episode to episode to episode along with the changes to present day that those changes cause, such as Lucy's mom being healthy and Lucy no longer having a sister.
                          Unless this is very well thought out and planned and written as a whole, rather then as separate episodes, they're going to tie themselves in knots keeping track of the changes. It would be great if they can pull it off & I hope they can, but that's a tough task.

2: I don't think it will last past season 1. Like most sci fi in general, period shows aren't cheap to make. This is why Wonder Woman was moved forward from the WWII era to the 1970's after it's first season. The original network waffled on renewing it, but it was picked up by another network, and moved forward in time to avoid the costs of a period piece.

And very few time travel or even sci-fi shows in general can draw the audience numbers that a large national network would require, particularly if production cost is high.

Comment

Anyone else got the stargate vibe from the first episode?

- Secret project by an individual then the government swoops in when things go south, reminds me of Catherine running the gate department until it started working then the air force took charge of the project.

- A soldier that lost a sibling. An historian/anthropologist being pushed aside by her peers even though shes one of the best in her field? COME ON.

- The hangar... and the machine has rings, of course those need to spin.

I bet there will be a fourth member joining the team before long, most likely from the future. Maybe he/she will have a mark or tattoo on his/her face and say indeed often.
                            Last edited by meo3000; 09 October 2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I also got a Stargate vibe, but that is never a bad thing .

I actually thought the reporter was going to be the fourth team member, I was suprised when she ended up dying anyway. It could have been that she time traveled and everyone thought that she died. Oh well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X