regarding the aesthetic of destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding the aesthetic of destiny

Am I wrong in my assumption that the destiny was painted? In the concept art, the spine that runs up the front of the pyramid was painted gold, and while this isn't the best source of information it is something. Perhaps I am just supposing what isn't a thing in the cannon, but I am curious to know if anyone else considers this a possibility.

I can't see why the exterior of the ship didn't receive the same attention aesthetically as the interior. The door locking mechanisms were a work of art in their own right! I guess we could say any painted details that may have been done could have faded away over the eons as Destiny traveled through space.

Comment

I get the feeling as the shields dimmed, and maybe in the numerous galaxies without the nice stars the ship prefers, heat bled through as it dove through hotter stars and kinda seared it off, leaving the almost scorched grey (also explains the air filters better than 'they're old'.

Comment

My assumption was it looked rather similar to the restored shuttle in season two and then it just faded over the years.

Comment

Working...
        X