Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    Laurel Lance LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,182

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    I just finished seasons 1 and 2. I really enjoyed the show. I was the same age back in the 80s as the kids in the show. It is so cool seeing the 80s references. Not to mention, it is a good story line. I heard on TV last weekend that the show is getting a 3rd season! I can't wait for it to come out!

  2. #22
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Binge watched this over Christmas, really enjoying it!

  3. #23
    Laurel Lance LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,182

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Anyone have any idea when the third season is going to be available?

  4. #24
    Jacob Carter cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Season 2 was October-ish? So I'd guess something similar...
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death"
    and lots more!

  5. #25
    Laurel Lance LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,182

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Season 2 was October-ish? So I'd guess something similar...
    Seems like a good time for another season!

  6. #26
    Probie
    Member Since
    May 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    I can't wait for season 3!

  7. #27
    Laurel Lance LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,182

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Donsta View Post
    I can't wait for season 3!
    It is an excellent show, and I agree!

  8. #28
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)



    First trailer for season 3, looks awesome!

  9. #29
    Jacob Carter cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Woot! Thanks for posting! Can't wait.
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death"
    and lots more!

  10. #30
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Reminder: Season 3 just released today!

    Im two episodes in and still loving it!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  11. #31
    Jacob Carter cosmichobo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Geelong, AU
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Been looking forward to it for a long time!

    Trying to pace myself - 1 ep at a time...
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death"
    and lots more!

  12. #32
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    On my to watch list

  13. #33
    John Diggle DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    19,125

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Finished it this morning. Very happy with it, hope its not the end!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  14. #34
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    802

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    hope its not the end!
    I'd be very much surprised, also a colleague of mine told me it was renewed but unsure how accurate this info is. Also Stranger Things it is said has made the 80s stuff (synth music among others) trendy again.

    I'm not a 80s kid but I do relate to a lot of the references in there, love that show.
    Spoiler:
    I dont want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I cant even express these things properly, because I have toI have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. Im a machine, and I can know much more.

  15. #35
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I'd be very much surprised, also a colleague of mine told me it was renewed but unsure how accurate this info is. Also Stranger Things it is said has made the 80s stuff (synth music among others) trendy again.

    I'm not a 80s kid but I do relate to a lot of the references in there, love that show.
    80s stuff has already been "trendy", see Guardians of the Galaxy and other media to see that as the 80s generation is getting of age, that creators are dipping into that era.

    Finished the 3rd season this weekend. Very excited and sad.

    I read somewhere that folks "hated" Billy in season 2. I just have to say I disagree. I mean I don't endorse his actions, but I understood what his role was in season 2, yet his interactions with his dad show a deeper issue to him.

    So I was intrigued to dive more into his character come season 3. Frankly, I feel a little cheated, but overall I enjoyed the season except that one part of it.

  16. #36
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    I love this Series, but I cannot watch it repeatedly. The more I see, the more I notice the plotholes, which are mainly continuation Errors. Like the room in the Lab with the Gate suddenly missing that mile deep hole, or them finding the source of the transmission, when the music they heard in it before came from somewhere completly different. Its little things, but they rip me out all the same once I notice.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  17. #37
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,280

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    80s stuff has already been "trendy", see Guardians of the Galaxy and other media to see that as the 80s generation is getting of age, that creators are dipping into that era.

    Finished the 3rd season this weekend. Very excited and sad.

    I read somewhere that folks "hated" Billy in season 2. I just have to say I disagree. I mean I don't endorse his actions, but I understood what his role was in season 2, yet his interactions with his dad show a deeper issue to him.

    So I was intrigued to dive more into his character come season 3. Frankly, I feel a little cheated, but overall I enjoyed the season except that one part of it.
    I see Billy as a bit of a subversion of the typical 80's Bully trope which we're always very 2D characters who are irredeemable. That's exactly what Billy is throughout the show right up until that last act (and arguably when he told Mrs. Byers to stay away from him which arguably demonstrates that he did legitimately care for her. Which makes sense given his issues with his own mom.)
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  18. #38
    Probie Elwenn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    I finished series 3 last week-end. I enjoyed it most of the time for the overall mood, but not as much as series 1, or even 2.
    Spoiler:
    I assume that it was because they wanted to show that times were changing, and to have several storylines converging into one in the end, but I missed the teens being together and dividing the plot into different groups gave me the impression that we didn't get much time with the evolution of the characters. I almost had the feeling that Hopper and Joyce, or Will or Lucas had about three lines in the end. I know it's not true at all, but as I was under the probably false impression that the show focused on Erica sass (a character that actually annoyed me a thousand times, not always, but most of the time -- too bad since I loved Robin, and I'm a huge fan of Dustin) it lost the other characters. A reviewing of the show would probably prove me wrong, but I guess it's a hazard of being annoyed by a character, you feel as though they have much more screen time that the ones you like.

    I really enjoyed Max and Eleven together, though and found it heartbreaking that Will tried to keep playing D&D as though nothing ever changed. The scene at the cabin had me tearful.
    I loved Smirnoff and that part of the plot.

    Also annoyed by all the flickering lights, but I guess that's just because of my sight. Good thing I don't suffer from epilepsy.

  19. #39
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenn View Post
    I finished series 3 last week-end. I enjoyed it most of the time for the overall mood, but not as much as series 1, or even 2.
    Spoiler:
    I assume that it was because they wanted to show that times were changing, and to have several storylines converging into one in the end, but I missed the teens being together and dividing the plot into different groups gave me the impression that we didn't get much time with the evolution of the characters. I almost had the feeling that Hopper and Joyce, or Will or Lucas had about three lines in the end. I know it's not true at all, but as I was under the probably false impression that the show focused on Erica sass (a character that actually annoyed me a thousand times, not always, but most of the time -- too bad since I loved Robin, and I'm a huge fan of Dustin) it lost the other characters. A reviewing of the show would probably prove me wrong, but I guess it's a hazard of being annoyed by a character, you feel as though they have much more screen time that the ones you like.

    I really enjoyed Max and Eleven together, though and found it heartbreaking that Will tried to keep playing D&D as though nothing ever changed. The scene at the cabin had me tearful.
    I loved Smirnoff and that part of the plot.

    Also annoyed by all the flickering lights, but I guess that's just because of my sight. Good thing I don't suffer from epilepsy.
    Spoiler:
    Well, for the first one. I feel thats what stranger things usually does with its storylines. In Season 1 and 2 we also had the 3 Teams doing their own stuff and coming together only at the end to connect all the dots and finish this. That would actually make me hope that they go a different route for next Season, but I am not holding my breath given the Season ending.

    I know that the inclusion of Robin and Erica was a little shoehorned in, but in general I got to say I like them. By the end it was kind of awesome how big the Team has gotten over just 3 Seasons and its even funnier, when the adults finally catch on and suddenly are confronted with a whole bunch of Kids that have done more monsterfighting than them.

    I think Smirnoff aka Alexei is gonna be a fan favourite. He was just so cute. I just wish there where subtitles for the scenes with the Russians. I hate when I cannot understand a Character, though funny enough the more I watch his scenes the more I get.

    As for the lights, yeah that is going on my nerves as well, but mostly because my screen is crap. I cant see anything when it goes so dark and even worse when it goes so fast.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  20. #40
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

    Finally caught up with this thanks to the lockdown. Enjoyed it but it was wrapped up a bit too easy. I was disappointed that we got 8 episodes, for some reason I thought it was 10.

    Wonder what how they'll do next season given the teaser they've already released.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 DragonCon Atlanta, GA September 2-5, 2016
    By taris-eirien in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: September 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM
  2. Book of the Stranger (604)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Six Episodes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 19th, 2016, 07:09 PM
  3. The Stranger (120)
    By GateWorld in forum Season One Episodes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 10th, 2015, 08:50 PM
  4. Goodbye Stranger (817)
    By Bagpuss in forum Season Eight Episodes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
  5. Stranger In A Strange Land (309)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Three Episodes
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: March 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •