No announcement yet.

Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking forward to it for a long time!

Trying to pace myself - 1 ep at a time...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

On my to watch list

Comment

Finished it this morning. Very happy with it, hope it’s not the end!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          hope it’s not the end!
          I'd be very much surprised, also a colleague of mine told me it was renewed but unsure how accurate this info is. Also Stranger Things it is said has made the 80s stuff (synth music among others) trendy again.

I'm not a 80s kid but I do relate to a lot of the references in there, love that show.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            I'd be very much surprised, also a colleague of mine told me it was renewed but unsure how accurate this info is. Also Stranger Things it is said has made the 80s stuff (synth music among others) trendy again.

I'm not a 80s kid but I do relate to a lot of the references in there, love that show.
            80s stuff has already been "trendy", see Guardians of the Galaxy and other media to see that as the 80s generation is getting of age, that creators are dipping into that era.

Finished the 3rd season this weekend. Very excited and sad.

I read somewhere that folks "hated" Billy in season 2. I just have to say I disagree. I mean I don't endorse his actions, but I understood what his role was in season 2, yet his interactions with his dad show a deeper issue to him.

So I was intrigued to dive more into his character come season 3. Frankly, I feel a little cheated, but overall I enjoyed the season except that one part of it.

Comment

I love this Series, but I cannot watch it repeatedly. The more I see, the more I notice the plotholes, which are mainly continuation Errors. Like the room in the Lab with the Gate suddenly missing that mile deep hole, or them finding the source of the transmission, when the music they heard in it before came from somewhere completly different. Its little things, but they rip me out all the same once I notice.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                80s stuff has already been "trendy", see Guardians of the Galaxy and other media to see that as the 80s generation is getting of age, that creators are dipping into that era.

Finished the 3rd season this weekend. Very excited and sad.

I read somewhere that folks "hated" Billy in season 2. I just have to say I disagree. I mean I don't endorse his actions, but I understood what his role was in season 2, yet his interactions with his dad show a deeper issue to him.

So I was intrigued to dive more into his character come season 3. Frankly, I feel a little cheated, but overall I enjoyed the season except that one part of it.
                I see Billy as a bit of a subversion of the typical 80's Bully trope which we're always very 2D characters who are irredeemable. That's exactly what Billy is throughout the show right up until that last act (and arguably when he told Mrs. Byers to stay away from him which arguably demonstrates that he did legitimately care for her. Which makes sense given his issues with his own mom.)
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I finished series 3 last week-end. I enjoyed it most of the time for the overall mood, but not as much as series 1, or even 2.
                  Spoiler:
                  I assume that it was because they wanted to show that times were changing, and to have several storylines converging into one in the end, but I missed the teens being together and dividing the plot into different groups gave me the impression that we didn't get much time with the evolution of the characters. I almost had the feeling that Hopper and Joyce, or Will or Lucas had about three lines in the end. I know it's not true at all, but as I was under the probably false impression that the show focused on Erica sass (a character that actually annoyed me a thousand times, not always, but most of the time -- too bad since I loved Robin, and I'm a huge fan of Dustin) it lost the other characters. A reviewing of the show would probably prove me wrong, but I guess it's a hazard of being annoyed by a character, you feel as though they have much more screen time that the ones you like.

I really enjoyed Max and Eleven together, though and found it heartbreaking that Will tried to keep playing D&D as though nothing ever changed. The scene at the cabin had me tearful.
                  I loved Smirnoff and that part of the plot.

Also annoyed by all the flickering lights, but I guess that's just because of my sight. Good thing I don't suffer from epilepsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenn View Post
                    I finished series 3 last week-end. I enjoyed it most of the time for the overall mood, but not as much as series 1, or even 2.
                    Spoiler:
                    I assume that it was because they wanted to show that times were changing, and to have several storylines converging into one in the end, but I missed the teens being together and dividing the plot into different groups gave me the impression that we didn't get much time with the evolution of the characters. I almost had the feeling that Hopper and Joyce, or Will or Lucas had about three lines in the end. I know it's not true at all, but as I was under the probably false impression that the show focused on Erica sass (a character that actually annoyed me a thousand times, not always, but most of the time -- too bad since I loved Robin, and I'm a huge fan of Dustin) it lost the other characters. A reviewing of the show would probably prove me wrong, but I guess it's a hazard of being annoyed by a character, you feel as though they have much more screen time that the ones you like.

I really enjoyed Max and Eleven together, though and found it heartbreaking that Will tried to keep playing D&D as though nothing ever changed. The scene at the cabin had me tearful.
                    I loved Smirnoff and that part of the plot.

Also annoyed by all the flickering lights, but I guess that's just because of my sight. Good thing I don't suffer from epilepsy.
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, for the first one. I feel thats what stranger things usually does with its storylines. In Season 1 and 2 we also had the 3 Teams doing their own stuff and coming together only at the end to connect all the dots and finish this. That would actually make me hope that they go a different route for next Season, but I am not holding my breath given the Season ending.

I know that the inclusion of Robin and Erica was a little shoehorned in, but in general I got to say I like them. By the end it was kind of awesome how big the Team has gotten over just 3 Seasons and its even funnier, when the adults finally catch on and suddenly are confronted with a whole bunch of Kids that have done more monsterfighting than them.

I think Smirnoff aka Alexei is gonna be a fan favourite. He was just so cute. I just wish there where subtitles for the scenes with the Russians. I hate when I cannot understand a Character, though funny enough the more I watch his scenes the more I get.

As for the lights, yeah that is going on my nerves as well, but mostly because my screen is crap. I cant see anything when it goes so dark and even worse when it goes so fast.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Finally caught up with this thanks to the lockdown. Enjoyed it but it was wrapped up a bit too easy. I was disappointed that we got 8 episodes, for some reason I thought it was 10.

Wonder what how they'll do next season given the teaser they've already released.

Comment

I'm still not done with S3... and... not itching to finish.

I really loved S1... S2 wasn't awful... S3 I've just not gotten into.
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        and lots more!

Comment

So I finally watched and finished Stranger Things. And I can see what the hype was all about. Man, Eleven does not fool around with that telekinesis. And it's so nice to see some use of TK that isn't just bland push. It's good seeing Eleven going from a shy girl to a relatively normal teenager. S3 was a bit corny though with the whole teenagers infiltrating a secret base. Poor Steve though. He stops being a dick and his luck falls off the face of the planet.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Season 4 :O

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Season 4 :O
                              Can't wait for season 5!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                                I'm still not done with S3... and... not itching to finish.

I really loved S1... S2 wasn't awful... S3 I've just not gotten into.
                                So - my oldest son asked to watch Stranger Things... hes almost 15... and we are now part way into S2.

I've been enjoying the re-watch, not to mention having someone to enjoy it with (my wife was not that interested..).

We will see how his interest goes... if it wanes like mine did - well it must be genetic
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X