Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranger Things (2016) (Netflix)

Stranger Things is an American supernatural horror web television series created by the Duffer Brothers. It is written and directed by Matt and Ross Duffer and executive-produced by Shawn Levy. It stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Cara Buono, and Matthew Modine. The plot follows the disappearance of a young boy, and a telekinetic girl who helps his friends in their search, while the boy's older brother, mother, and the town police chief start their own investigations.

The show is set in 1980s Indiana and is a homage to '80s pop culture, inspired and aesthetically informed by the works of Steven Spielberg, John Carpenter, Stephen King, and George Lucas, among others.

The show was released on Netflix on July 15, 2016. It received positive reviews for its characterization, pacing, atmosphere, acting, soundtrack, directing, writing, and homages to 1980s genre films.

Loving this show!! (Being an 80's kid, I'm a little bias.) It's hard for me to see Matthew Modine play anyone else except Pvt. Joker (Full Metal Jacket).
    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Comment

I watched it a few weeks ago, shortly after it was released and I loved it. I really hope it gets another season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        I watched it a few weeks ago, shortly after it was released and I loved it. I really hope it gets another season.
        Me too! We gotta know....

Spoiler:
        what's the deal with Will and the little creature he threw up and it seems we have not seen the last of Eleven.
        sigpic

Comment

Fantastic show!
          sigpic

Comment

YAY! It's getting a second season!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-2-on-netflix/
            sigpic

Comment

Absolutely loved it. And I loved the music. Can't wait to buy the two soundtrack releases on CD.

https://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Thin...tranger+things

https://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Thin...tranger+things

The only problem is when I first looked them up one volume was being released in early September and the other a week later. Now it says Volume One will be in October, but Volume Two is still listed as mid-September. Weird.

Comment

Yep got an update today that both my pre-orders on the soundtracks have been pushed to October instead of mid-September, as they were when I ordered them.

Comment

I really like this show! Most of the cast will be at a convention in early October that I'm considering going to. Super exciting!

Comment

It's really the single most enjoyable thing I've watched lately. And I've watched Luke Cage!

One thing I loved about Stranger Things is its unique plot structure. It's basically three narratives, one for each age group of the characters, woven into one. The adults' story is an X-Files-esque paranoid thriller, the teenager's subplot is a slasher movie and the kids are in a Stephen King and Steven Spielberg-inspired story. It borrows from everywhere yet does not feel like a rip-off of anything.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I'm on ep 5 right now loving this show best thing in ages

Comment

I finally watched this, wow I really can't wait for next season!
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was going to be over-hype, but when after watchingthe entire season I think it's amazing. Bring on season 2.

Comment

The season comes out on Oct 27, the day before my birthday, so it'll kind of be like a birthday present lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

I seriously can't wait for it. I plan on spending that whole weekend watching it (with my husband).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X