X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with gateworld today..

I keep getting
    Script: https://api.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21 has stopped.. every page I click on.. Also I got a web attack my nornton stopped.. Your site was the ONLY one open when it happened..

That is the 3rd time I have been on your site and have had a web attack happen (all the others were also blocked), but it's the first time I have seen the script thing in a while.

What's going on guys?

I've had issues with just this site being slow today. It comes and goes. Maybe there are sun spots somewhere?
    sigpic

Comment

The script errors/unresponsive script thing's happening to me too,in Firefox and Chrome ,and it's returned every time I tried to log in or get round the forum.( GW/ScifiStream seem unaffected.)

I e-mailed Darren a while ago,so hopefully he or Greg can help.

*So far,about all that seems to temporarily work is to press "stop script" then refresh the thread view or whatever.

Q : Can anyone see any ads at all?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 August 2016, 02:21 PM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I found an opt-out page for that viglink thing. Maybe it'll help. http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

I'm not having the problem so I can't test it myself.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

TY,Britta! The opt-out seems to work.

I noticed FF added a patch tonight to 48.0.02 ,and Chrome updated too,so the root of the problem might be a browser v viglink issue.

Ads still aren't showing so far.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It didn't work for me sadly. I still get a long running script error that freezes my computer
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks for the report, everyone -- we'll investigate this one and see if we can get it cleared up. We've used the Viglink script for many years without issue.

~Darren

Comment

Just some feedback...........

The forum is working much better than it has for me in at least a month, so either you folks have done something, or my net is better somehow.

Either way, thank you to the owners and tech folks for taking the issue into hand, it is much appreciated.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Well, i have done nothing since yesterday, but i am no longer getting that 'script' popup crap..

Comment

That's good news! Thanks for the update.

(In my experience our ad-related errors usually sort themselves out faster than I can make a support request and get any kind of response.)

~Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X