Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins? Milky way Replicators or Pegasus Asuran Replicators (no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wins? Milky way Replicators or Pegasus Asuran Replicators (no spoilers)

I first watched star gate years ago as a child, and as a 16 year old i was sick at home and decided to watch a star gate movie on Netflix, I loved it and found myself watching all the movies, re-watching the original film, then decided to watch SGA. I watched all 6 seasons and now i'm up to s8 ep 11 of SG1.

Point of this - please don't post any spoilers for SG1 S8 - the end of SG1, Or any SGU spoilers, ESPECIALLY RELATING TO THE ASGARD IN SG1

But I'm really unsure, I feel the Asurans are seen to be weaker foes in SGA then the Milky Way replicators in SG1, reason being that the Atlantis Expedition had ARG's, Experience fighting Replicators, They resumed their war with the wraith weakening them, and the Atlantis Expedition had the power of Ancient Tech.

While in SG1 the Tau'ri's strongest and most advanced ally, the Asgard, were getting their arses whooped in a losing war, instantly making the replicators seem OP ASF. Their were NO form of ARG's until Col/Gen O'Neill used the information in the Ancient Repository of Knowledge, and in the last replicator-based episode I Saw Col Carter screwed that up, the Replicator bugs were literally a death sentence if even 1 ended up in your ship, Until the Asgard used the time-dilation device the Replicators were annihilating the Asgard, And to start off with the most effective weapon that the Tau'ri had against the replicators was a P90

So, who wins?

The Milky Way Replicators had significantly more time to develop strategies and to adapt technology. The Asurans basically copied the ancients and said "eh" while the MWR never stopped adapting.

Considering the MWR were far more about countering technology, far more aggressive with this and far more thorough, they will win.

Comment

Working...
    X