• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Jerry Doyle, 1956-2016

The curse continues

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/28/jerry-...abylon-5-dead/

'BABYLON 5' STAR JERRY DOYLE
    DEAD AT 60

Jerry Doyle -- best known for his role on "Babylon 5" -- died Wednesday ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... a call was made to his Las Vegas home yesterday afternoon after he was found unresponsive. It's unclear how the political radio talk show host and actor died ... but we're told no foul play is suspected. An autopsy is pending.

He was 60.

edit;

Now confirmed by his family, via his Twitter.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 July 2016, 08:48 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Dang I honestly thought he was older. That's too young

Edit: What is that, three members of the main cast that died too young?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      Dang I honestly thought he was older. That's too young

Edit: What is that, three members of the main cast that died too young?
      Five of the "main" cast, now. Plus several supporting. I was looking it up/reminding myself of it earlier:
      • Richard Biggs (Dr Stephen Franklin) died in 2004, at age 44, of an aortic dissection
      • Tim Choate (Zathras) died later in 2004, at age 49, in a motorcycle accident
      • Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) died 2006, at age 59, of lung cancer
      • Jeff Conaway (Zack Allen) died in 2011, at age 60, of pneumonia and complications from drug use
      • Michael O'Hare (Commander Sinclair) died in 2012, at age 60, of a heart attack following long illness
      • Robin Sachs (Hedron/Coplann, Na'Kal, Na'Tok) died in 2013, at age 61, of a heart attack
      • Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi) in 2016, at age 60, of reasons not yet determined

The actor who played William Edgars, Efram Zimbalist Jr, also passed away in recent years. But he at least lived to the ripe old age of 95 and died of natural causes.

Which is more than so many others can say at this point =\
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So sad.
        sigpic

Comment

So dear sweet universe, if you are paying attention in the vastness of interstellar space, take a moment from plotting the trajectory of comets and designing new DNA in farflung cosmos, and spare a thought for those who you have plucked so untimely from our ranks...and knock it off for a while.
          Because this isn't fair.
          http://www.epictimes.com/07/28/2016/...h-jerry-doyle/

JMS on the death of Jerry Doyle
          sigpic

Comment

Shocked and saddened. One of the few main cast I never met in person and now never will. So young.

Comment

This is very sad news
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about Jerry's passing. I had the opportunity to meet him at Phoenix Comicon in 2013 during the Babylon 5 Reunion. He signed one of his books that I bought. RIP Jerry and Garibaldi

Comment

wow, just a shame, he was one of the best of the show, it looks like our generation is loosing its stars... too sad, so young.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Five of the "main" cast, now. Plus several supporting. I was looking it up/reminding myself of it earlier:
                    • Richard Biggs (Dr Stephen Franklin) died in 2004, at age 44, of an aortic dissection
                    • Tim Choate (Zathras) died later in 2004, at age 49, in a motorcycle accident
                    • Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) died 2006, at age 59, of lung cancer
                    • Jeff Conaway (Zack Allen) died in 2011, at age 60, of pneumonia and complications from drug use
                    • Michael O'Hare (Commander Sinclair) died in 2012, at age 60, of a heart attack following long illness
                    • Robin Sachs (Hedron/Coplann, Na'Kal, Na'Tok) died in 2013, at age 61, of a heart attack
                    • Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi) in 2016, at age 60, of reasons not yet determined
                    A pattern develops. It would seem age 60 is bad news for the Babylon 5 cast.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

This is downright shocking news. I really enjoyed his performance as Garibaldi. RIP Jerry Doyle.

sigpic

Comment

Very sad i always liked his character Michael Garibaldi

R.I.P Jeremy Doyle
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

I've been re-watching the show the last couple of weeks, a bizarre time to choose to rewatch it. I'd just been telling my mother about how the shows cast was cursed and then two days later this happens.

Comment

He was one of my favorite characters on B5. So sorry to see him go.
                            Total syffy posts: 36,690
                            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Here is a great tribute Peter Jurasik that he made public to share.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

Working...
                              X