Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ID4 #2 does poorly.. will that impact the SG reboot films?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    A small fanbase doesn't equal big income. You need to have a lot more than just a small fanbase.

Fans are great, but they are not generally the target audience. It's the ones that haven't fallen into the fandom yet, you need to reach. And thus, there has to be a market for it. Right now, Star Wars is taking up all that space.
    You are kinda missing the point of they go small screen there is an opportunity to grow into a bigger fan base I am not saying that fans are the most important thing you miss understand me RE and DD were taking SG to a big fall no doubt in my mind about that but if it comes back to small screen it has more potential for success and i think not rebooting is good.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I am seeing ID 3 listed in Dean Devlin's credits as announced in Imdb. I wonder if that means it's happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
        I am seeing ID 3 listed in Dean Devlin's credits as announced in Imdb. I wonder if that means it's happening now.
        IMDB does not populate its filmography using inside information. It does this by asking users like you and me to submit data, which editors then approve or reject. Those editors actually let a lot of false information slide through; rather than fact check everything, they depend on other people to come along and submit corrections. In this case, someone probably submitted Independence Day 3 when that was still a possibility and nobody has submitted a delete request yet. If you click on Independence Day 3 (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628842/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1), you'll see that its original movie page has not been updated since February 16, 2017.

If you have an account, look for the little "Edit" link to the right of "filmography" and click on it. You can submit a deletion request that way. Here's a direct link (again, you need to be signed in): https://contribute.imdb.com/updates?...f_=nm_flmg_edt Writer Credits is at the bottom. There's a drop down window next it to that lets you select "Correct/Delete." You can then search for "Independence Day 3," select "delete," add an explanation for why it deserves to be deleted, and ultimately submit a request to an editor for review.

The other issue is that it hasn't officially been canceled. Devlin simply said "I don't know" and "I don't have any plans [to do a third one right now]" when asked about it and movie commenters have talked about how unlikely a third movie is given how poorly the second one performed. Studios don't like saying they've officially canceled a sequel, so there can be a lingering period of technical uncertainty where some sources won't outright say it's not going to happen anymore until explicitly told so even though analysts know there's no chance.a
        Last edited by Xaeden; 13 September 2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X