Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Captain Marvel (news/discussion/spoilers)

I think we should spoiler tag for a little longer, seems only fair as I saw this before pretty much anyone else (thanks time-zones!!) and you are the only other person here to see it yet.

I will say though, without tags that the Stan Lee tribute opening credits were freaking EPIC, and a fair show of respect to a man who without, Marvel would not be what it is today. His Cameo however, had me literally LOL'ing (and getting told to shut up), as it was THAT movie he is reading the script for that convinced Stan to be more than just a writer, and I am SURE the director of that movie was in 7th heaven seeing it.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

"Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Saw it tonight, enjoyed it. Was a shame there wasnt as much Coulson/Fury scenes as I was hoping for but loved young Fury.

That Endgame tease though, only just over a month, any idea when tickets are released?

Goose!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Saw it tonight, enjoyed it. Was a shame there wasnt as much Coulson/Fury scenes as I was hoping for but loved young Fury.
    I was happy with the Fury content, and there WAS a scene sorta explaining why Fury trusts Coulson so much, but the content of most of the Coulson scences was sorta bland. Coulson is one of my fave characters in the MCU, and he pretty much got wallpapered into "distant intense looks".
    That Endgame tease though, only just over a month, any idea when tickets are released?
    Probably around the 4th of April.
    Goose!
    Chewie!!

Yeah, I suppose we did get THAT scene...

Yeah, I suppose we did get THAT scene...
    Which one?
    The "trust Fury" scene?

If you mean the one in the stairwell, yeah.

If you mean the one in the stairwell, yeah.
    Yup, that one.

It's probably just because I've been up since 5am but....what?!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It's probably just because I've been up since 5am but....what?!
    context??

...and just like that, the stairwell scene you were talking about came back to mind.

(Lack of) sleep-addled brain, I'm telling ya.

...and just like that, the stairwell scene you were talking about came back to mind.

(Lack of) sleep-addled brain, I'm telling ya.
    Someone needs a nap

Sorry, trying to keep it cryptic so as not to post spoilers haha.

One question I do have and it might be me forgetting something or getting my timelines muddled and I feel you'll know the answer Digi
    Spoiler:
    What is the history on the Tesseract now? I thought they said they found it under the ice with Captain America? Or did the Kree woman whos name slips my mind steal it?

Sorry, trying to keep it cryptic so as not to post spoilers haha.

One question I do have and it might be me forgetting something or getting my timelines muddled and I feel you'll know the answer Digi
    Spoiler:
    What is the history on the Tesseract now? I thought they said they found it under the ice with Captain America? Or did the Kree woman whos name slips my mind steal it?
    So...
    Spoiler:

Dawn of the universe - Created

??? - approx. 960 AD - At some point, it comes into Asgardian custody, until they decide to leave it on Earth (Norway) during the Viking era.

ca. 960-1942 - Hidden in Norway, where at some point, it ends up in the church we see at the beginning of The First Avenger.

1942-45 - Seized by Hydra, who weaponize its power.

1945 - Crashed into the North Atlantic by Cap.

1945ish - Recovered from the floor of the North Atlantic by Howard Stark.

1945ish - 1989ish - In SSR/SHIELD custody. Seems to have been largely forgotten about for a number of decades, until Mar-Vell comes to Earth to conduct her secret experiments. Not clear exactly what year she started utilizing it, but it was 'lost' on her ship in orbit when she died in 1989.

1989-95 - 'Lost' aboard Mar-Vell's ship in orbit, until reclaimed by Carol Danvers/Nick Fury/Goose.

1995-2012 - In SHIELD custody, collecting dust for about 16 years until SHIELD/Nick Fury decides to try to weaponize it following the Asgardian incursion in 2011 (Thor).

2012 - Loki seizes it during his invasion of Earth, uses it to open a portal between Earth and [somewhere in the cosmos], allowing the Chitauri to invade. Avengers defeat the invasion and close the portal. Afterward, Loki and the Tesseract are taken into custody of Thor, to return to Asgard.

2012-17 - It's stored in Odin's Vault on Asgard, and presumed lost when Asgard falls to Hela, but was actually secretly stolen by Loki before the fall.

2017/18/19 (depending on when you think Infinity War takes place) - Thanos attacks the Asgardian refugee ship, murders Loki, and takes the Tesseract for himself. He shatters the Tesseract container, releasing the Space Stone for the first time in (who knows how many) millennia, adding it to the Infinity Gauntlet. Later uses the Space Stone, in tandem with the rest of the Infinity Stones, to kill half of all life in the universe. The Snap seems to seriously damage the Gauntlet, not clear how/if it affected the Stones. After taking the Stormbreaker blow to the chest, Thanos uses the Space Stone to create the portal he uses to escape Earth and go to....wherever it is he went at the end of Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Someone needs a nap
    Yeah yeah yeah. I was reading the thread at like 10pm after having been up since 5am. Sue me

So...
    Spoiler:

Dawn of the universe - Created

??? - approx. 960 AD - At some point, it comes into Asgardian custody, until they decide to leave it on Earth (Norway) during the Viking era.

ca. 960-1942 - Hidden in Norway, where at some point, it ends up in the church we see at the beginning of The First Avenger.

1942-45 - Seized by Hydra, who weaponize its power.

1945 - Crashed into the North Atlantic by Cap.

1945ish - Recovered from the floor of the North Atlantic by Howard Stark.

1945ish - 1989ish - In SSR/SHIELD custody. Seems to have been largely forgotten about for a number of decades, until Mar-Vell comes to Earth to conduct her secret experiments. Not clear exactly what year she started utilizing it, but it was 'lost' on her ship in orbit when she died in 1989.

1989-95 - 'Lost' aboard Mar-Vell's ship in orbit, until reclaimed by Carol Danvers/Nick Fury/Goose.

1995-2012 - In SHIELD custody, collecting dust for about 16 years until SHIELD/Nick Fury decides to try to weaponize it following the Asgardian incursion in 2011 (Thor).

2012 - Loki seizes it during his invasion of Earth, uses it to open a portal between Earth and [somewhere in the cosmos], allowing the Chitauri to invade. Avengers defeat the invasion and close the portal. Afterward, Loki and the Tesseract are taken into custody of Thor, to return to Asgard.

2012-17 - It's stored in Odin's Vault on Asgard, and presumed lost when Asgard falls to Hela, but was actually secretly stolen by Loki before the fall.

2017/18/19 (depending on when you think Infinity War takes place) - Thanos attacks the Asgardian refugee ship, murders Loki, and takes the Tesseract for himself. He shatters the Tesseract container, releasing the Space Stone for the first time in (who knows how many) millennia, adding it to the Infinity Gauntlet. Later uses the Space Stone, in tandem with the rest of the Infinity Stones, to kill half of all life in the universe. The Snap seems to seriously damage the Gauntlet, not clear how/if it affected the Stones. After taking the Stormbreaker blow to the chest, Thanos uses the Space Stone to create the portal he uses to escape Earth and go to....wherever it is he went at the end of Infinity War.
    Cheers, knew I was forgetting something.

Spoiler:
    It wasnt mentioned how she got hold of it was it?

Cheers, knew I was forgetting something.

Spoiler:
    It wasnt mentioned how she got hold of it was it?
    It was not, but
    Spoiler:
    the facility that Fury took Carol to, that had the library stacks in it and where the Coulson stairwell scene took place? Apparently that was meant to be the same facility where SHIELD was experimenting on the Tesseract at the beginning of The Avengers (where Loki portaled in, wrecked up the place, and brainwashed Clint). So Mar-Vell was, presumably, working there as a SHIELD scientist. With the Tesseract being in SHIELD custody at this point in the timeline, it's not a huge stretch that should could get a hold of it just by requesting use of it.

Another fun related tie-in? This all ties into Iron Man 2 as well: while Fury has Coulson guarding/keeping Tony stuck at home following the fight with Rhodey, Tony tells JARVIS to give him all the data on "Projects PEGASUS, EXODUS, and GOLIATH."

Well...GOLIATH was finally detailed in Ant-Man and the Wasp as being the experiments that Hank Pym and Laurence Fishburne's character were doing to make him grow bigger. And now we know what PEGASUS is too! (Still no idea what EXODUS is yet, though).