Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (news/discussion/spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Yeah, I suppose we did get THAT scene...
    Which one?
    The "trust Fury" scene?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

If you mean the one in the stairwell, yeah.

Comment

If you mean the one in the stairwell, yeah.
        Yup, that one.
        sigpic

Comment

It's probably just because I've been up since 5am but....what?!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            It's probably just because I've been up since 5am but....what?!
            context??
            sigpic

Comment

...and just like that, the stairwell scene you were talking about came back to mind.

(Lack of) sleep-addled brain, I'm telling ya.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

...and just like that, the stairwell scene you were talking about came back to mind.

(Lack of) sleep-addled brain, I'm telling ya.
                Someone needs a nap
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, trying to keep it cryptic so as not to post spoilers haha.

One question I do have and it might be me forgetting something or getting my timelines muddled and I feel you'll know the answer Digi
                  Spoiler:
                  What is the history on the Tesseract now? I thought they said they found it under the ice with Captain America? Or did the Kree woman whos name slips my mind steal it?

Comment

Sorry, trying to keep it cryptic so as not to post spoilers haha.

One question I do have and it might be me forgetting something or getting my timelines muddled and I feel you'll know the answer Digi
                    Spoiler:
                    What is the history on the Tesseract now? I thought they said they found it under the ice with Captain America? Or did the Kree woman whos name slips my mind steal it?
                    So...
                    Spoiler:

Dawn of the universe - Created

??? - approx. 960 AD - At some point, it comes into Asgardian custody, until they decide to leave it on Earth (Norway) during the Viking era.

ca. 960-1942 - Hidden in Norway, where at some point, it ends up in the church we see at the beginning of The First Avenger.

1942-45 - Seized by Hydra, who weaponize its power.

1945 - Crashed into the North Atlantic by Cap.

1945ish - Recovered from the floor of the North Atlantic by Howard Stark.

1945ish - 1989ish - In SSR/SHIELD custody. Seems to have been largely forgotten about for a number of decades, until Mar-Vell comes to Earth to conduct her secret experiments. Not clear exactly what year she started utilizing it, but it was 'lost' on her ship in orbit when she died in 1989.

1989-95 - 'Lost' aboard Mar-Vell's ship in orbit, until reclaimed by Carol Danvers/Nick Fury/Goose.

1995-2012 - In SHIELD custody, collecting dust for about 16 years until SHIELD/Nick Fury decides to try to weaponize it following the Asgardian incursion in 2011 (Thor).

2012 - Loki seizes it during his invasion of Earth, uses it to open a portal between Earth and [somewhere in the cosmos], allowing the Chitauri to invade. Avengers defeat the invasion and close the portal. Afterward, Loki and the Tesseract are taken into custody of Thor, to return to Asgard.

2012-17 - It's stored in Odin's Vault on Asgard, and presumed lost when Asgard falls to Hela, but was actually secretly stolen by Loki before the fall.

2017/18/19 (depending on when you think Infinity War takes place) - Thanos attacks the Asgardian refugee ship, murders Loki, and takes the Tesseract for himself. He shatters the Tesseract container, releasing the Space Stone for the first time in (who knows how many) millennia, adding it to the Infinity Gauntlet. Later uses the Space Stone, in tandem with the rest of the Infinity Stones, to kill half of all life in the universe. The Snap seems to seriously damage the Gauntlet, not clear how/if it affected the Stones. After taking the Stormbreaker blow to the chest, Thanos uses the Space Stone to create the portal he uses to escape Earth and go to....wherever it is he went at the end of Infinity War.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Someone needs a nap
                      Yeah yeah yeah. I was reading the thread at like 10pm after having been up since 5am. Sue me

Comment

So...
                        Spoiler:

Dawn of the universe - Created

??? - approx. 960 AD - At some point, it comes into Asgardian custody, until they decide to leave it on Earth (Norway) during the Viking era.

ca. 960-1942 - Hidden in Norway, where at some point, it ends up in the church we see at the beginning of The First Avenger.

1942-45 - Seized by Hydra, who weaponize its power.

1945 - Crashed into the North Atlantic by Cap.

1945ish - Recovered from the floor of the North Atlantic by Howard Stark.

1945ish - 1989ish - In SSR/SHIELD custody. Seems to have been largely forgotten about for a number of decades, until Mar-Vell comes to Earth to conduct her secret experiments. Not clear exactly what year she started utilizing it, but it was 'lost' on her ship in orbit when she died in 1989.

1989-95 - 'Lost' aboard Mar-Vell's ship in orbit, until reclaimed by Carol Danvers/Nick Fury/Goose.

1995-2012 - In SHIELD custody, collecting dust for about 16 years until SHIELD/Nick Fury decides to try to weaponize it following the Asgardian incursion in 2011 (Thor).

2012 - Loki seizes it during his invasion of Earth, uses it to open a portal between Earth and [somewhere in the cosmos], allowing the Chitauri to invade. Avengers defeat the invasion and close the portal. Afterward, Loki and the Tesseract are taken into custody of Thor, to return to Asgard.

2012-17 - It's stored in Odin's Vault on Asgard, and presumed lost when Asgard falls to Hela, but was actually secretly stolen by Loki before the fall.

2017/18/19 (depending on when you think Infinity War takes place) - Thanos attacks the Asgardian refugee ship, murders Loki, and takes the Tesseract for himself. He shatters the Tesseract container, releasing the Space Stone for the first time in (who knows how many) millennia, adding it to the Infinity Gauntlet. Later uses the Space Stone, in tandem with the rest of the Infinity Stones, to kill half of all life in the universe. The Snap seems to seriously damage the Gauntlet, not clear how/if it affected the Stones. After taking the Stormbreaker blow to the chest, Thanos uses the Space Stone to create the portal he uses to escape Earth and go to....wherever it is he went at the end of Infinity War.
                        Cheers, knew I was forgetting something.

Spoiler:
                        It wasnt mentioned how she got hold of it was it?

Comment

Cheers, knew I was forgetting something.

Spoiler:
                          It wasnt mentioned how she got hold of it was it?
                          It was not, but
                          Spoiler:
                          the facility that Fury took Carol to, that had the library stacks in it and where the Coulson stairwell scene took place? Apparently that was meant to be the same facility where SHIELD was experimenting on the Tesseract at the beginning of The Avengers (where Loki portaled in, wrecked up the place, and brainwashed Clint). So Mar-Vell was, presumably, working there as a SHIELD scientist. With the Tesseract being in SHIELD custody at this point in the timeline, it's not a huge stretch that should could get a hold of it just by requesting use of it.

Another fun related tie-in? This all ties into Iron Man 2 as well: while Fury has Coulson guarding/keeping Tony stuck at home following the fight with Rhodey, Tony tells JARVIS to give him all the data on "Projects PEGASUS, EXODUS, and GOLIATH."

Well...GOLIATH was finally detailed in Ant-Man and the Wasp as being the experiments that Hank Pym and Laurence Fishburne's character were doing to make him grow bigger. And now we know what PEGASUS is too! (Still no idea what EXODUS is yet, though).

Comment

Working...
                          X