Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (news/discussion/spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Marvel (news/discussion/spoilers)

Coming March 8 2019

Confirmed at SDCC today: Captain Marvel will be played by Brie Larson!

CoGOmIVWcAAChRo.jpg
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 July 2016, 03:55 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Did they bump the movie back up to 2018? Last I heard they had delayed it until the following year.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yup, you're right. My mistake!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Why? Dont they like the male version?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          Why? Dont they like the male version?
          Are you by chance thinking of DC Comics's Shazam?

A little trivia (because I didn't know any of this till a moment ago either) :

The first Captain Marvel was Mar-Vell, a male Kree who was introduced in 1967.

The second Captain Marvel was Monica Rambeau, a New Orleans police lieutenant introduced in 1982.

The third Captain Marvel was Genis-Vell, the genetically engineered son of Mar-Vell. He first appeared in 1993.

The fourth Captain Marvel was Phyla-Vell, who is Genis-Vell's younger sister; introduced in 2003.

The fifth Captain Marvel was Khn'nr, a shapeshifting Skrull sleeper agent whose DNA was tied to the original Captain Marvel's, whose personality became dominant. This version was introduced in 2007 during the first Civil War event.

The sixth Captain Marvel was Noh-Varr, who was apparently an idiot who joined the Dark Avengers without realizing they were bad guys. He appeared first as Marvel Boy back in 2000, and became Captain Marvel in 2009.

The seventh and current Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers. Danvers first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1968, became Ms. Marvel in 1977, became Binary in 1982, and became the newest Captain Marvel in 2012. This is the CM upon which the film adaptation is based.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 July 2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Nope, excuse me, got my dolls head on, im thinking of Captain America Ignore me
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Are you by chance thinking of DC Comics's Shazam?

A little trivia (because I didn't know any of this till a moment ago either) :

The first Captain Marvel was Mar-Vell, a male Kree who was introduced in 1967.

The second Captain Marvel was Monica Rambeau, a New Orleans police lieutenant introduced in 1982.

The third Captain Marvel was Genis-Vell, the genetically engineered son of Mar-Vell. He first appeared in 1993.

The fourth Captain Marvel was Phyla-Vell, who is Genis-Vell's younger sister; introduced in 2003.

The fifth Captain Marvel was Khn'nr, a shapeshifting Skrull sleeper agent whose DNA was tied to the original Captain Marvel's, whose personality became dominant. This version was introduced in 2007 during the first Civil War event.

The sixth Captain Marvel was Noh-Varr, who was apparently an idiot who joined the Dark Avengers without realizing they were bad guys. He appeared first as Marvel Boy back in 2000, and became Captain Marvel in 2009.

The seventh and current Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers. Danvers first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1968, became Ms. Marvel in 1977, became Binary in 1982, and became the newest Captain Marvel in 2012. This is the CM upon which the film adaptation is based.
              kind of funny coincidence with the surname danvers, like supergirls adoptive family

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                kind of funny coincidence with the surname danvers, like supergirls adoptive family
                Actually, Carol existed in the comics before that specific secret identity for Supergirl.

Comment

Cool, I'll wait for it

Comment

Meet Marvel's newest star
                    Paging Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvel is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s latest issue, and we’ve got the first look at Brie Larson’s part-Kree, part-human hero. Audiences briefly saw Carol’s symbol in the end-credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War, but come March 2019, the Air Force pilot with alien powers will be getting her own origin story.

Not only is Captain Marvel the first solo, female-led movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it’s an introduction to the most powerful hero the MCU has ever seen. (Another Marvel first: It’s set in the 1990s!) Click through for an in-depth look at all things Carol — as well as an introduction to a few of her friends and foes.

A force to be reckoned with

The film sidesteps the traditional origin-story template, and when it begins, Carol already has her powers. She’s left her earthly life behind to join the elite military team Starforce on the Kree planet of Hala. (Directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck describe Starforce as the SEAL Team Six of space.) Its members include Carol, Korath (Djimon Hounsou, returning from Guardians of the Galaxy), and Minn-Erva (Crazy Rich Asians’ Gemma Chan).

A mysterious menor

Jude Law plays the commander of Starforce, who views Carol as a mentee and pet project. “These extraordinary powers she has, he sees them as something of a blessing and something that she has to learn how to control,” Law says. “That’s a motif throughout the piece, the element of learning to control one’s emotions and to use your powers wisely.”

Mean and green

The film also introduced one of Marvel Comics' nastiest and most notorious baddies: the Skrulls. Ben Mendelsohn plays their leader, Talos, seen here in all his bright-green glory. But he's got another face, too...

Double duty

As any Marvel comics fan knows, the Skrulls are especially dangerous because of their unparalleled ability to shape-shift. On Earth, Mendelsohn’s Talos goes undercover as a human working within S.H.I.E.L.D. (seen here with directors Fleck and Boden). “It’s not easy being green,” Mendelsohn quips.

Familiar faces

MCU fans have met the Kree race before in Guardians of the Galaxy, and two familiar faces — Hounsou’s Korath and Lee Pace’s Ronan the Accuser (pictured here) — will appear in Captain Marvel. In Guardians, Ronan is an outcast with extremist views, but here, he’s still a high-ranking member of Kree society.

Totally '90s

Back on Earth, the 1990s are in full swing. Expect plenty of era-appropriate references — and fashion, judging by Carol’s Nine Inch Nails T-shirt.

Fire and fury

Captain Marvel marks Samuel L. Jackson’s ninth appearance as Nick Fury, but this Nick is a lowly S.H.I.E.L.D. desk jockey (who hasn’t yet met any superheroes). He’s younger than we’ve ever seen him (Jackson was digitally de-aged for the role), and perhaps most shocking of all, he’s missing his signature eyepatch.

Ready for takeoff

Even before she became Captain Marvel, Carol was an accomplished Air Force pilot, and Larson spent time with actual pilots for research.

Flying high

The film also introduces Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau, one of Carol's oldest friends. She's a top-notch Air Force pilot with the call sign "Photon," and she's also a single mother to a young daughter.

Captain Marvel

For more on Captain Marvel, pick up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly on stands Friday, or buy it here now. Don’t forget to subscribe for more exclusive interviews and photos, only in EW.
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 05 September 2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Damn that looks good.

Comment

Exactly. It looks amazing and I love how they add and mix the different timelines. I have been on the Marvel hype train for a while and it looks like I will stay there.

This poster is nice. But what or who is it at the left side?
                          https://static.filmbuzi.hu/wp-conten...marvel_xlg.jpg
                          Can it be
                          Spoiler:
                          Groot or Rocket
                          ?
                          Last edited by Platschu; 18 September 2018, 12:06 PM.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            Exactly. It looks amazing and I love how they add and mix the different timelines. I have been on the Marvel hype train for a while and it looks like I will stay there.

This poster is nice. But what or who is it at the left side?
                            https://static.filmbuzi.hu/wp-conten...marvel_xlg.jpg
                            Can it be
                            Spoiler:
                            Groot or Rocket
                            ?
                            That is a cat butt.

Comment

So that is what really drove Blockbuster out of business
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X