Wonder Woman 2017 Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Woman 2017 Film

I might have missed the thread for this, if so, please merge.

SDCC trailer.

Look like Captain America: DC version

Comment

It certainly does look like it 'borrows liberally' from Captain America. Even still though, I think this looks really good!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It certainly did, although this seems more WW1 era focused.

However, i loved the preview clip.. And Chris pine seems to have a good role.

Comment

They were started during the same era. Both Wonder Woman and Captain America came from the same era in history...of course they're going to have similar aspects. However, if I must say so...think WW looks a little more kick-ass than CA.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for sharing!! My niece loves Wonder Woman, regardless of who is portraying her...
            Now, I'm sort of looking forward to seeing the new Wonder Woman 2017 movie, and have been convinced enough to put Lynda Carter's version in the past, tho it will still be an enjoyable memory.. now, enter Gal Gadot.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            It certainly did, although this seems more WW1 era focused.
            It is WW1 era focused. Someone made a complaint about that and that the story wasn't as in the Lynda Carter/early comic books version WWII time era, but since it seems everything else is being remade or recycled into something new, does it really matter which *war* Diana Prince is fighting in, especially if she is an immortal of sorts?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            However, i loved the preview clip.. And Chris pine seems to have a good role.
            Thanks for the Chris Pine tidbit! yummm.. I had to look up more info..
            I hope he sticks with it, and that --if he is included-- any future "WW" sequels or episodes won't conflict with his time in the new Star Trek's.. (movies, or whatever..).

Comment

Before Star Wars Rogue One, I got to see a new Wonder Woman trailer. OMG. Can't wait. My 12 year daughter wants the movie now.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Probably saw the same trailer before Rogue One this afternoon.

Although it looks to be a very dark film, it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  Thank you all for sharing!! My niece loves Wonder Woman, regardless of who is portraying her...
                  Now, I'm sort of looking forward to seeing the new Wonder Woman 2017 movie, and have been convinced enough to put Lynda Carter's version in the past, tho it will still be an enjoyable memory.. now, enter Gal Gadot.
                  Lynda Carter will always be "Wonder Woman" in my mind, regardless of who they have play her now or in the future.

PS: Did you catch the reference in Lynda's appearance on Supergirl last fall?,
                  Spoiler:
                  While playing the President, her response to someone admiring Air Force One was "You should see my other jet"

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    PS: Did you catch the reference in Lynda's appearance on Supergirl last fall?,
                    Spoiler:
                    While playing the President, her response to someone admiring Air Force One was "You should see my other jet"
                    IMo that was just an 'inside joke'...

Comment

I really do have faith for this movie, even though Batman vs Superman let me down

Comment

The problem I'm finding with the WB cinematic universe is they set the destruction bar stupidly high with Man of Steel, so any related movie that follows, if it doesn't involve the destruction of a City, it'll be considered not up to standard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman yes? I only caught the last hour of the movie for the first time by accident a few weeks ago, so must do a proper watch sometime.

Comment

Don't waste your time - BvS is absolutely awful. All the flak it got when it first came out? It deserved it. All of it.

That said, Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman was easily the best thing in the movie.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I didn't think much of MoS which is why I didn't bother with BvS, much prefer the original movies. The only bit of BvS that I liked was the "she with you? No, thought she was with you" scene.

Wonder Woman looks like Captain America WB style though, will watch this me thinks.

Comment

Oh, I'm not fond of the current incarnations of Superman. In my opinion, I have yet to see better than Christopher Reeve's version in the 1970's/80's. Except for that disaster with Richard Pryor, that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X