Farewell to Nolamom RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell to Nolamom RIP

As near as we can determine, Gateworld has lost one of its own. Nolamom's husband has posted that she passed away earlier this week.

Joe Mallozzi has posted a wonderful post on his blog and I know I will certainly miss her kind presence and fun gifs.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...d-blog-family/

May she rest in peace.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

She will be greatly missed.
    sigpic

Comment

For some reason I keep on revisiting in my head how excited Nola was a few weeks ago that her daughter-in-law was pregnant.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

This is so sad. I only knew her here on GW and a bit on Facebook, but she seemed like such a nice person. And all those gifs she made here were so creative and fun. She was younger than me, too, which makes me more aware of mortality and not to take anything for granted. She will be missed.

Comment

Can't say i really had much dealings with her, but my condolences go out to her to her friends and family
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I'm very sad to hear that she's passed. I didn't interact much with her much, but the few times that I did she was always very nice and she made the coolest little people/character smilies.
            sigpic

Comment

Sad news. My condolences to all those who knew her and those she met online too. She's been a presence on GW for many, many years.
              sigpic

Comment

I remember how much fun she seemed to have with the theme weekends. I think there was always a thank you from her, even if it may not have been something she liked, she still seemed to enjoy it. And I know I always looked forward to seeing what fluffy was wearing.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nola was the toughest old bat on the forum and it's a tragedy to hear of this.
                  Always first with a joke, or a nickname, or a mini-gif for those who participated in the OT madhouse. Never a bad word for anyone (except Jel, but he deserved it ), and someone who helped new members find their feet, be it in the intro theads, or helping people with sigs or avi's.

Gateworld has lost a stalwart member and a genuinely good person.
                  Rest well, there are no more papers to mark, no annoying children to keep you up because you are worried about them at school, or just because they are little buggers.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Damn. Can't say I talked with her too often but she had a big presence on this forum.
                    sigpic

Comment

Damn ... I don't know what to say. She was so awesome.
                      I'm gonna miss her for sure - those endless back and forths. Crazy talks and wonderful smilies.

Damn...

Condolences to her family, of course.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just heard about Nola - I am lost for words.
                        I would like to extend all my love and condolences to all of Nola's family and friends.
                        Even though we'd never met in person, it still hurts.
                        She will be missed and always remembered.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Rest in Peace Nola, you will be missed No-one could torture Billz like you could
                          sigpic

Comment

2016 really sucks!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is such sad news. I only knew Nola from her posts on the Artwork for All thread, but she was a lovely person and will be missed by many, I'm sure. Her gifs are among the funniest I've ever seen.

Stocks by Nola.
                              Last edited by maneth; 22 July 2016, 10:50 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X