Collection of "translated" alien texts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection of "translated" alien texts

There's a lot of text in SGA and SG-1 that's written with Asgard or Ancient alphabet. Looking at some of the texts (especially those in ancient) they do not seem all gibberish, now, my question is, is there a collection of stills of the writings and the "translations" available somewhere? I would love to know what's written on all what was shown, but it would take a long time to rewatch and get stills of everything. Also, if there is no collection of that kind, anyone interested in creating it?

I did try searching, but all the keywords are far too common.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.)

almost all of it is simply english in the ancient alphabet

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I think I said that already in my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        Also your signature seems broken. It returns 404 for me.

Comment

Mallozzi made a mention of what was written on the stairs in the gate area in Atlantis this one time on his blog. But that's sadly been a while so I wouldn't know how to find it again.

But as far as a collection goes -- no one has attempted that (yet).
          Perhaps a rewatch is in order to find all the text and try to translate it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Mallozzi made a mention of what was written on the stairs in the gate area in Atlantis this one time on his blog. But that's sadly been a while so I wouldn't know how to find it again.

But as far as a collection goes -- no one has attempted that (yet).
            Perhaps a rewatch is in order to find all the text and try to translate it.
            Then I'd like to start, what place would be the best for storing screencaps and the translations and allow collaboration? Google Docs?

Comment

Photobucket isn't a bad place to store screencaps (unless you have your own webspace).
              And google docs is pretty nifty -- and easy to use.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Photobucket isn't a bad place to store screencaps (unless you have your own webspace).
                And google docs is pretty nifty -- and easy to use.
                I made the document, I am starting to put what I find there. Comment, suggest edits or request edit access if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Avamander View Post
                  I made the document, I am starting to put what I find there. Comment, suggest edits or request edit access if you wish.
                  I'd love to participate, I'm a bit of a language freak. I'm currently watching the show for the 2nd time and I'm already in season 6, perhaps I could contribute with what I find from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by :Stargazer: View Post
                    I'd love to participate, I'm a bit of a language freak. I'm currently watching the show for the 2nd time and I'm already in season 6, perhaps I could contribute with what I find from now on.
                    That would be really nice. Request edit access if you have found something and wish to add it. I recently just finished SG-1 and SGA so I'd rather just "translate" any stills added.

EDIT: It seems most text in first seasons is just gibberish, it's a pity.
                    Last edited by Avamander; 01 April 2018, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X