This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon GO

So Pokemon GO has been released in a few countries so far and is coming soon to most other places. If they can fix the server stability issues it is pretty fun so far. The roll out has been pretty poor considering how much money went into this, but overall I really like it.

Discuss, critique, give tips...
    sigpic

A friend shared with me how he got Pikachu as a starter Pokemon...

You need to walk away from the three starters in the beginning of the game, just like in the anime. After you walk away from them 4 times, Pikachu will show up.
    sigpic

Comment

I was going to put this in the Department of Boneheadedness thread, but this is ok...

Pokemon Go: Major Highway Accident After Man Stops In Middle Of Highway To Catch Pikachu!

MASSACHUSETTS– 26 Year-Old Lamar Hickson is accused of causing one of the worst highway accidents after stopping in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu.

Lamar Hickson admitted to police that he was playing the newly released Pokemon app game know as “Pokemon Go” while driving. He said “Sh*t if you wanna catch them all you gotta risk it all so I put my car in park and started tossing these balls”.
      NOW can start making phones so they disable themselves if they're inside a car whose engine is running?

I hope every single motorist who was impacted by this wreck, even to the point of simply being delayed as a result of the accident sues the shiznit out of this idiot for costs, lost time, etc.

Comment

That story isn't showing up on any legitimate news sites.. Not even references to the guy's name..

This one, however, is everywhere..

Girl finds dead body while playing Pokemon Go

Comment

I'm sure the newness will be gone before too long, but this game is amazing. So unique and very fun! We've bee taking the kids out to various locations (parks, downtown, campus...) and catching, training, battling. Really fun!
          sigpic

Comment

I read an article where a person used the app to lure others so he could rob them.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I read an article where a person used the app to lure others so he could rob them.
              That is true.
              http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ries/86922474/

Current thread in the communities is to go in groups.
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I was going to put this in the Department of Boneheadedness thread, but this is ok...

Pokemon Go: Major Highway Accident After Man Stops In Middle Of Highway To Catch Pikachu!

NOW can start making phones so they disable themselves if they're inside a car whose engine is running?

I hope every single motorist who was impacted by this wreck, even to the point of simply being delayed as a result of the accident sues the shiznit out of this idiot for costs, lost time, etc.
                *googles again*

Cartelpress is a fake news site. This story is entirely fictional. You can tell by the high quality reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  That is true.
                  http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ries/86922474/

Current thread in the communities is to go in groups.
                  I read the article. It is true --found other links, one went to cleveland(dot)com news site (do not distribute without permission). Sooooooo, see more below..

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  *googles again*

Cartelpress is a fake news site. This story is entirely fictional. You can tell by the high quality reporting.
                  It is not.
                  I also heard it mentioned on the radio. Either on WABC-AM (770 NYC,NY) or
                  WWOR-AM 710 (NYC,NY).. don't remember which one I heard it from, because I was focusing on work and heard the news in the background, and thought another one of those fake games that is being turned into a real life problem (like a reality show, that isn't a fake program, but the real deal, like the other teen stuff that kids post sort of like who can come up with the most intense game that whacks out cold innocent people casually walking down the street..)
                  Such *lovely* people on our planet.. such a nice world this planet has turned into.. (NOT!!!)

Here are two links to news feeds from NBC affiliates about the Pokémon Go robberies.
                  (Caution-- video feeds start automatically upon download viewing)

"Robbers use Pokémon Go to target victims"
                  by Lauren Apetz and PJ Randhawa, KSDK(news, channel 5, NBC affiliate)
                  5:43 PM. CDT July 11, 2016

"Police: Armed robbers used Pokémon Go to target victims"
                  NEWS CENTER , WCSH, (news, channel 6, NBC affiliate)
                  12:53 PM. EST July 10, 2016

Comment

I meant the story about "the worst highway accident ever"... That's fake. From a site that posts made up stories alongside the occasional real story to trick people into believing the fake stuff is real...

Comment

*googles again*

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                      It is not.
                      I also heard it mentioned on the radio. Either on WABC-AM (770 NYC,NY) or
                      WWOR-AM 710 (NYC,NY).. don't remember which one I heard it from, because I was focusing on work and heard the news in the background, and thought another one of those fake games that is being turned into a real life problem (like a reality show, that isn't a fake program, but the real deal, like the other teen stuff that kids post sort of like who can come up with the most intense game that whacks out cold innocent people casually walking down the street..)
                      Such *lovely* people on our planet.. such a nice world this planet has turned into.. (NOT!!!)

Here are two links to news feeds from NBC affiliates about the Pokémon Go robberies.
                      (Caution-- video feeds start automatically upon download viewing)

"Robbers use Pokémon Go to target victims"
                      by Lauren Apetz and PJ Randhawa, KSDK(news, channel 5, NBC affiliate)
                      5:43 PM. CDT July 11, 2016

"Police: Armed robbers used Pokémon Go to target victims"
                      NEWS CENTER , WCSH, (news, channel 6, NBC affiliate)
                      12:53 PM. EST July 10, 2016
                      I meant the story about "the worst highway accident ever"... That's fake. From a site that posts made up stories alongside the occasional real story to trick people into believing the fake stuff is real...
                      Sorry.. (I was pressed for time at the time I read the info) ..you are or might be correct about the Cartelpress link. Strange stuff being advertised on that page, too -- such as photoshopped feet into a high heeled shoe shape. weird.
                      Most highway accidents usually involve fog or ice.. and those are difficult to avoid.

As for the robberies, kids may be kids (regardless of what age such detestable *games* are being carried out), but these people are making our world a dangerous place to exist within. Robbery incident(s) seems like another morphing of what is termed as the "knock-out" game.

Comment

The game hasn't been officially released yet in Europe, so not playing until it has. Looking forward though. Could be lots of fun.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*throws pokeball at FH* Get in!

Comment

I'm a rare species.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm one of a kind
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X