Lost In Space (Netflix 2018) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I just watched the first five episodes and so far I enjoyed it for the most part. I just wish they could tone down Dr Smith and make her use her proper name June Harris instead.

Parker Posey did a bang up job of her part in the show. Just I want her to change and redeem herself. I guess the silly writers don't want that.
    Dr. Smith really is a piece of work, though I still got hopes for this sociopath.

This was an awesome Christmas present. I spent it once again alone, so this had me bingewatching all the way through the 24. and 25. Though I have to say with this season just like the last, I dont have that much interrest to do a rewatch. Its a very good show, but something is missing for me. Probably a mystery.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I'm not at the end of the series yet but I hear there's a really nice twist that will lead into the next season if they do one.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Finished this off late Xmas Eve/early Xmas morning. All in all, I very much enjoyed, and am hoping for a Season 3.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hastings is a real piece of work. He's worse then Smith.

Comment

I've got to disagree. Smith is 10x worse. You know Hastings is the enemy. Smith is very good at manipulation you never know where she stands
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I've got to disagree. Smith is 10x worse. You know Hastings is the enemy. Smith is very good at manipulation you never know where she stands

Maybe you are right but I hated him more then her.

I've now caught up and here's my thoughts after the final episode. This season opens up for me more questions then answers.

I don't care too much about the science in this show. Who cares about science and accuracy unless you're an anal retentive nerd that stresses over these things all of the time. Now that's out of the way the show was fun. TV is for fun not obsessing over little details.

Spoiler:
              What a ride? The last four episodes ran thick and fast and I didn't at all see that ending coming. Where the hell did Smith go? She's my hero now. Where the bloody hell did she go? Is she on the Jupiter with those kids?

Was the colony a sham? I wonder. It seemed freaking elitist that they would only have the "chosen few" go to the colony. I've had my rant.. I guess they couldn't really build a bigger ship, but then this brings up for me far more questions then answers and again we go back to season 1. So we know Hastings was the one Maureen traded info for to get Will on the list. She traded security codes by the look of it.

Back to those nagging questions. Do we have a timeframe for how long it took to actually build the Resolute? We learn that they built the ship around the navigation core of the alien ship, the thing the robot stands in to guide it. So a lot of things don't make a lot of sense here. How much time passed for the crash and construction of the ship around the alien ship core?

Yet why even build it? Again I wonder how or why the people on Earth found out about the aliens themselves? Was there prior contact? I think there was.

If that really was Alpha Centauri at the end something is either really stinky or something bad happened, and what's with the Fortuna?
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 December 2019, 07:34 PM. Reason: Tags added.

Comment

I watched this a last weekend, and I was pleased with season 2. Dr. Smith is really a piece of work. However, she continues to surprise me. I'm really hoping we get a season 3.

I also think that Maxwell Jenkins does a bang up job as Will Robinson.
                sigpic

Comment

So never actually saw this show until last week and I hinged the whole thing. Was really pleasantly surprised. The Robinsons give a unique and welcome dynamic to a sci-fi show. Particularly how it blends the family dynamic together with that old astronaut addage of "failure is not an option". A lot of the problems they face are dealt with by working the problem and coming up with a logical solution And the fun comes when thst solution is balls to the wall crazy too. I find it awesome that so many aspects of the show should be ridiculous and cringy or just breaking suspension of disbelief still manage to work. The relationship between Will and the Robot sounds silly on paper and yet it works. The Robinsons somehow always having the solution should get old and tiresome and yet it doesn't. Don West's best friend is a chicken... I mean... on a script that's blatantly stupid and yet with that cast and that production team it somehow just works. All the characters are amazing and larger than life and yet so wonderfully human.
                  Also I gotta say that the design of the Jupiter ships is so simple and yet it looks so good. I can kinda see where they took a few design choices from the 90's movie but made it just all round better. In fact I can see a lot of little chosen facets from the movie that they decided to use but done in the way that the movie really should have gone with (although I don't hate on that movie nearly as much as some people do it was still pretty bad. )
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I loved the chariot racing through the corridors on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      I loved the chariot racing through the corridors on the ship.
                      Penny doesn't get enough appreciation sometimes
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Penny doesn't get enough appreciation sometimes
                        Honestly she's possibly my favourite character. Love that snark.

Comment

Oh Frak no, it just dawned on me where the last Season Finale will take us. I fear a storyline from the Movie is coming and that means my Arachnophobia will be kicked into high gear. As if the robots werent bad enough.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Oh Frak no, it just dawned on me where the last Season Finale will take us. I fear a storyline from the Movie is coming and that means my Arachnophobia will be kicked into high gear. As if the robots werent bad enough.
                            ...They eat their wounded.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              ...They eat their wounded.
                              You also know what that means for Dr. Smith in the next season. I can only predict her redemption arc continuing and almost completing when the unavoidable happens bringing us into yet another Season. Though I somehow doubt they are going to deal with the issue of the destroyed planet and the ship for the whole Season. So I am anxious to see what they got for us besides that.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I have a soft spot for the 1998 movie, they tried to make something good and you can see potential there but I blamed the writers for how it comes off on screen.

I wonder if we will get space spiders or maybe they find a very familiar old ship on a planet somewhere with its crew in freezing tubes, and it ties into the old series without being explicit.

Comment

Working...
                                X