No announcement yet.

Lost In Space (Netflix 2018) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have three episodes to go...but I'm hoping it gets renewed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Still have three episodes to go...but I'm hoping it gets renewed.

I bring good news

http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/lost-in...son-2-netflix/

Only it's a bit of a long wait so hope they can explain the kids growth spurts for Mina and Max
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It already has been renewed
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          it already has been renewed
          yay!
          sigpic

Comment

I can only hope that Dr. Smith will be airlocked in 2x01. She is a very annoying villain. You know I like such "bad guys" who has got a style, who has got motivation, who can be loved and hated at the same time by the viewers. But Dr. Smith? She is a poisonous snake who is just lucky in everything and she doesn't get any punishment for her crimes. I really hope they will write her out quickly next season.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I can only hope that Dr. Smith will be airlocked in 2x01. She is a very annoying villain. You know I like such "bad guys" who has got a style, who has got motivation, who can be loved and hated at the same time by the viewers. But Dr. Smith? She is a poisonous snake who is just lucky in everything and she doesn't get any punishment for her crimes. I really hope they will write her out quickly next season.

Noooooooooo I love Parker Posey and I love Dr Smith played by Parker Posey. Nooooooooooooo

Comment

Given the character's relevance in the original series, I doubt they'll dispose of her.

Hopefully, perhaps, soften the character? Though - then where's the point?
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

I can not say anything wrong about the actress. She must be lovely in real life, but her character is mega annoying. Since only 7 human characters have left at the end of the season, they can not really write out anyone easily. They also have to hurry to shoot the next season(s) as the children are getting older and older.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I can not say anything wrong about the actress. She must be lovely in real life, but her character is mega annoying. Since only 7 human characters have left at the end of the season, they can not really write out anyone easily. They also have to hurry to shoot the next season(s) as the children are getting older and older.
                    Yes...she is very easy to dislike.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well... She helped them at the end, but it doesn't mean they can trust her. And I seriosly don't understand what she wants. Her sister would have given her house, her car to her. She could have settled down, but that was not good enough for her and she wanted more.

Don't misunderstand me, I like this show and it has got really good quality and entertaining, but there were so many plot holes or unlogical decisions everywhere.

Comment

I don't recall it being hammered home like it was in the 90's movie, but I gather the Earth is becoming uninhabitable...? As such - comfy life on a doomed rock, or new life on a new rock...?

Yes, I do think it's hard to empathise with "Dr Smith" - but that's because the character is narcissistic and sociopathic. She only looks out for herself. If anything, the only hard to believe part was the actions that saw her help the Robinsons in the story so far. (Of course, they are far from being outside of believability within the confines so far explored - she could have "explained" her actions to herself in any many of way as to fit within her constructed reality...)
                        Last edited by cosmichobo; 16 May 2018, 12:43 AM.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          I don't recall it being hammered home like it was in the 90's movie, but I gather the Earth is becoming uninhabitable...? As such - comfy life on a doomed rock, or new life on a new rock...?

Yes, I do think it's hard to empathise with "Dr Smith" - but that's because the character is narcissistic and sociopathic. She only looks out for herself. If anything, the only hard to believe part was the actions that saw her help the Robinsons in the story so far. (Of course, they are far from being outside of believability within the confines so far explored - she could have "explained" her actions to herself in any many of way as to fit within her constructed reality...)

That's true, but she's a tool of whatever the writers want her to do.

Parker Posey did a brilliant job of acting if you hated her, then she's done her job.

I love her portrayal.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            That's true, but she's a tool of whatever the writers want her to do.

Parker Posey did a brilliant job of acting if you hated her, then she's done her job.

I love her portrayal.
                            I agree Parker Posey is awesome! I do hate Dr. Smith.
                            sigpic

Comment

Heads up! Season 2 is live on Netflix today!
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just watched the first five episodes and so far I enjoyed it for the most part. I just wish they could tone down Dr Smith and make her use her proper name June Harris instead.

Parker Posey did a bang up job of her part in the show. Just I want her to change and redeem herself. I guess the silly writers don't want that.

Comment

Working...
                                X