Lost In Space (Netflix 2018) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I've always liked Lost in Space, ever since watching it as a kid. I hope they do this well.

I hope they keep the design of the the original Jupiter 2, rather than the cheesy launch sequence in the 98? movie with the dropaway shell that looked like the J2, but contained a much different looking ship inside.
    Sortta like this?

sigpic

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

I watched a longer trailer on Netflix...the Jupiter 2 doesn't look like the original. I think it looks more like the one in the movie (design wise).
        sigpic

Comment

New trailer released a few days ago...

sigpic

Comment

The Jupiter 2 looks like the USS Defiant had a child.. But I like the design.

So far 8 episodes in and loving this.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm only two and it had me hooked 20 minutes in lol

Comment

I've only seen Ep. 1, and I like it too.

Spoiler:
                Does anyone else think that whoever Maureen cut a deal with to get Will on the trip is going to bite them in the arse at some point?

Comment

I watched the first ep but wasn't really blown away... But I did watch right after seeing the season opener of The Expanse so I may have to give it another go on the basis of having put it up against unfair competition to start with.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I have some pet theories........ I hope spoiler tags work here

Spoiler:

The stardrives they used on the mothership The Resolute were stolen alien technology. The Jupiter engines they use on the Jupiter ships might also be stolen tech modified by humans

My pet theory and this could be a potential future spoiler

Spoiler:

Earth found out about the aliens somehow before all this was set in motion, the meteor thing was a cover to get one of their ships. Maybe one of them crashed here in the past and that's how they knew about them, or some other event happened in the LIS timeline. But either way Earth knew in advance about the alien technology. That's how they got that stardrive for the Resolute.

But then if that is true how did Earth find out about the aliens to even begin to hunt for an engine to steal?

Comment

Well tbh the planet is mysterious but still how can water freeze in seconds like that and be in liquid form in the first place. And how come people in the surface dont freeze of feel cold if water will freeze in seconds for meters in depth. i have 2 episodes left to watch but still mind blowing unrealistic for water to freeze like that and exist in liquid form before in these conditions. After one or more episodes in makes this even less sense
                      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                        Well tbh the planet is mysterious but still how can water freeze in seconds like that and be in liquid form in the first place. And how come people in the surface dont freeze of feel cold if water will freeze in seconds for meters in depth. i have 2 episodes left to watch but still mind blowing unrealistic for water to freeze like that and exist in liquid form before in these conditions. After one or more episodes in makes this even less sense

It was hyperintelligent plot water

Reacts to whatever the plot wants.

Comment

Ooo...sounds like something I need to watch this weekend!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been watching - up to ep 4 or 5 now.

In terms of suspending disbelief... Yes, the water freezing was very plot-oriented... Only thing worse I've seen would be The Day After Tomorrow in that regard... Otherwise - the only other thing that's really brought me crashing back to earth was the home made high atmosphere hot air balloon...

As a sci-fi fan, I've long been aware of the original series, but never actually watched a single episode, somehow! I did however see the 90's movie... which failed to impress.

This series however - well, it's entertaining. I'm not stopping watching after a few eps like I did with Star Trek Discovery... Kind of sad that apparently there is only this 1 season of 10 episodes - no confirmation of a second season...
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

I think the 10 episodes was to test the water and see if they get a 2nd season based on ratings.

I really do hope they are planning on that. I want to know what happens next.

Comment

I've watched episodes 1 and 2...every enjoyable. I love the modern take on the original theme music at the end of the show.

Like CP...I hope there is more another season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X