Atlantis Marines, Airmen and Assorted Foreign Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Marines, Airmen and Assorted Foreign Soldiers

I'm once again on an SGA re-watch (Amazon Prime finally put it up and I need to savor the opportunity ) and my obsession for that one German soldier who's been around since at least Runner (the one on Weir's left side) right up until Enemy at the Gate is back on in full (apparently, Stargate Wikia thinks he's called Coughlin (referring to Runner, I think) but Stargate Wikia also says Laura Cadman is Air Force so I will never fully believe anything they say ever again) and I'm also starting to get really interested in all the other soldiers in the background who keep popping up every other episode and never got a name. Or maybe they did but I didn't catch and uh... let's talk about them? Also, my really important question about Atlantis (military) uniform conventions (that bugged me enough to actually make an entire LJ entry for it...). Anyway. I'm bored, I'm rewatching Atlantis, and I'm trying to stay sane while spending five days a week trying to come up with stuff for my MA thesis, so... humor me? Please?
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

You don't believe Laura Cadman is Air Force? Why?

They had Air Force, Marines, Army folks on Atlantis throughout the series.

Comment

You know I love me some interesting backgroundcharacters.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I personally always sorta thought she was a Marine.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They had Air Force, Marines, Army folks on Atlantis throughout the series.
        Because the pictures in Cadman's quarters in Duet show her in Marine Corps Blues, not Air Force blues, and she wears the camo that seems to be exclusive to Marines when they are in the field. Stargate Wikia claims that they have their info about Cadman being Air Force from the commentary to Duet but seriously, nothing in Duet points towards Cadman being Air Force and a change of service in the couple episodes between Duet and Critical Mass seems ludicrous. Personally, I came to the conclusion that the writers totally messed that one up which is why it's much more logical to stick with what we see on the screen, and that's definitely Cadman being a Marine.

Also, Army? Who? (seriously, I want to know. I always wondered about the other services and really, did I miss anyone being Army?)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You know I love me some interesting backgroundcharacters.
        I know you do (also, yay, you're still here! \o/)
        I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
        ------

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
          (also, yay, you're still here! \o/)
          I never left.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I got that feeling, too It kinda crept me out that apparently, I must have been here at some point in the last three or four years because I must have changed my occupation to "grad student" in my profile. I couldn't even remember that
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

I could be wrong about any Army folks showing up on the show. Was it just Air Force and Marines in SGU? I do remember the marines being in the show ever since the first season of SG1.

Comment

I could be wrong about any Army folks showing up on the show. Was it just Air Force and Marines in SGU? I do remember the marines being in the show ever since the first season of SG1.
                I remember an Army team on either a Season 9 or 10 of episode of SG-1 but I can't remember the name of the episode. Don't think anyone was ever mentioned as being Army on Atlantis though.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                X