Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes In Life You Don’t Get To Choose (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes In Life You Don’t Get To Choose (212)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON TWO
    SOMETIMES IN LIFE YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212
    Four makes his move in a bid to reclaim the throne of Zyron by cornering his brother the Emperor, but his plans are complicated by the actions of his evil step-mother. Meanwhile the rest of the crew deal with the uncertainties that come with Four -- Ryo -- having restored his memories.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 September 2016, 08:11 PM.

Well, I didn't see that coming. But I do see what the writers did there at the end. Very clever.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I loved Five's line when she freed Four's step-brother. And though it was messed up, I really liked the ending.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        I thought this was a pretty good episode. I loved Five's line when she freed Four's step-brother. And though it was messed up, I really liked the ending.
        Same here. That was a big step forward Storywise compared to the previous Eps. I dont think Four will do anything bad to them, but he does want the Blink drive. So I hope there will be a continuation. It would be easy to say it was destroyed, but they would have had to tell the Android that beforehand.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Can a few months of new memories and experiences erase years if not a life time of cruelty and criminal behavior? Four never wanted the throne out of altruistic desire to spread peace and prosperity. He wanted it because it was his and he'll do anything to make sure that it stays his. At least that's what Rio wishes. In the end, I think he's more Rio than Four.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Wasn't surprised he got rid of the stepmother and her court, and the seerers, was surprised he killed Hiro(the stepbrother) but then again, as said above,maybe he remained a threat to Rio keeping the throne, even though he claimed he never wanted it. Wonder how Nyx will feel about him(Rio) now, now that it's clear he encouraged her brother to end his life?

Comment

I wasn't that surprised abot Ryo. But it was very exciting... I am looking forward to the finale... And next season

Comment

I was actually enjoying this season of Dark Matter, unlike last year. I may have even liked it more than the 2nd season of Killjoys. And this episode was pretty great as well...

But... this last scene/cliffhanger just ruined it all. It simply didn't make sense. Not only does it imply Four became plain stupid, it also means the guards (including their head) sometimes listen to orders, sometimes they don't. All in the span of 5 minutes.

Alright, in more detail: It's fairly logical of Four to get the Seers killed, quite understandable to get the treacherous would be Empress killed as well. But why kill his stepbrother? Why kill the other member of court? They acted 1) surprised by the revelations; 2) flocked to Four's side; 3) would help the continuity of power in regards to the public. There was always plenty time to get rid of them later if needed.
                Fine, let's say Four just became mad and that yes, he ordered all of those people killed. Now, the guards just moments before chose to follow the orders of Four's stepbrother instead of the would be Empress. But it took quite some convincing. True, Hiro stepped aside and Four became the rightful leader as far as the guards were concerned. But they waivered in their obedience just moments prior yet kill the person (Hiro, Four's stepbrother) they chose to back with no second thoughts?!

And let's not even get into further thoughts about Four's murderous spree. If he's killing simply anyone associated with his stepbrother rule, the leader of the guards should be on the list as well, no?

Just aargh...

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                  I was actually enjoying this season of Dark Matter, unlike last year. I may have even liked it more than the 2nd season of Killjoys. And this episode was pretty great as well...

But... this last scene/cliffhanger just ruined it all. It simply didn't make sense. Not only does it imply Four became plain stupid, it also means the guards (including their head) sometimes listen to orders, sometimes they don't. All in the span of 5 minutes.

I did find that a little odd. But the brother did freely renounce the throne and they are loyal to the emperor. The "Empress" didn't exactly have a clear cut claim.

Alright, in more detail: It's fairly logical of Four to get the Seers killed, quite understandable to get the treacherous would be Empress killed as well. But why kill his stepbrother? Why kill the other member of court? They acted 1) surprised by the revelations; 2) flocked to Four's side; 3) would help the continuity of power in regards to the public. There was always plenty time to get rid of them later if needed.
                  Fine, let's say Four just became mad and that yes, he ordered all of those people killed. Now, the guards just moments before chose to follow the orders of Four's stepbrother instead of the would be Empress. But it took quite some convincing. True, Hiro stepped aside and Four became the rightful leader as far as the guards were concerned. But they waivered in their obedience just moments prior yet kill the person (Hiro, Four's stepbrother) they chose to back with no second thoughts?!

Well, it probably wasn't Four as much as it was his old self. Ruthlessness. Why risk his brother doing something? He proved that he could be used as a pawn, should someone else make a power play his brother would be a most excellent pawn against him. Somehow, I think Rio...Ryo?...feels that he can control the public through brute force. When he wins the war, everyone will see that his rule is simply more beneficial...OR ELSE!!!
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

The thing is that if we presume Four's old self is ruthless, reckless etc. how come he so easily believed the cruiser captain (despite some very plausible evidence that he betrayed him) and even his stepbrother?

I find the only way Four's behaviour might make some sense to me is him breaking down mentally in the last episode. Or simply behaving outright crazy so much everybody will admit he's lost it. Could simply be an effect of a lasting imprint.
                    Last edited by TOIVA; 14 September 2016, 05:23 AM. Reason: completed the parenthesis

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                      The thing is that if we presume Four's old self is ruthless, reckless etc. how come he so easily believed the cruiser captain (despite some very plausible evidence that he betrayed him) and even his stepbrother?

I find the only way Four's behaviour might make some sense to me is him breaking down mentally in the last episode. Or simply behaving outright crazy so much everybody will admit he's lost it. Could simply be an effect of a lasting imprint.
                      The captain never deceived him. They knew what he was doing because of the seers, not because of a traitor. That's why he found the captain dead (murdered). But I do think he may have beleived his brother due to Four's memories as opposed to Ryo...Rio...agh! Whatever!
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        The captain never deceived him. They knew what he was doing because of the seers, not because of a traitor. That's why he found the captain dead (murdered).
                        I know, still, before they found him dead, he was the most plausible suspect in leaking info to the Empress. There was no indication at the time that the Seers were involved. If Four believed him at the time (and his stepbrother), he clearly wasn't paranoid. Yet all the murders at the end would point to that. So only explanation is Four is very mentally unstable now.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          But I do think he may have beleived his brother due to Four's memories as opposed to Ryo...Rio...agh! Whatever!
                          His name is Ryo (and he dances on the sand).

And maybe the "Empress" didn't exactly have a clear cut claim, but finally she hot a clear cut throat.
                          sigpic

Comment

When I watched this back when it aired, I had forgotten that William Waring had directed it and was wondering if anyone caught the hidden pineapple he likes to use in the things he directs.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                            X