• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Should Have Seen This Coming (206)

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON TWO
    WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Nyx convinces the crew to make a daring attack on a research vessel to steal its valuable cargo, only to learn that she is on a very personal mission of her own: rescuing her brother.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 August 2016, 09:49 PM.

I've found each of the individual episodes this season have been fine, but I'm finding that it feels like this season has a very slow pace. It's starting to bother me a little. It doesn't feel like a lot has happened since they escaped. And even though there's some big story on the horizon, it feels like we're progressing to it at a snail's pace.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

^ I basically feel the same. I've liked all the episodes individually, but the season does feel to be moving very slowly overall, and it's started to bother me a tad bit. I'm still enjoying the show right now though. I just hope things pick up a bit with the overall story.

I liked Milo and his relationship with Nyx, I wish he'd stuck around a bit longer. I still don't really care much about Nyx (or the drug addict medic) though, but I'm glad that what makes her special aren't nanites like Two, since she's already too similar to her as it is. I hope that's it for special people on the crew though.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        ^ I basically feel the same. I've liked all the episodes individually, but the season does feel to be moving very slowly overall, and it's started to bother me a tad bit. I'm still enjoying the show right now though. I just hope things pick up a bit with the overall story.

I liked Milo and his relationship with Nyx, I wish he'd stuck around a bit longer. I still don't really care much about Nyx (or the drug addict medic) though, but I'm glad that what makes her special aren't nanites like Two, since she's already too similar to her as it is. I hope that's it for special people on the crew though.
        Yeah I noticed that too. I'm still not sold on Nyx's addition to the crew. She already seemed too similar to Two on the surface, a super baddass woman with some mysterious superpower that made her unnatural abilities.

Frankly, I don't think replacing One with her is a choice that makes a lot of sense. This show doesn't need more super baddass characters, it already has more than enough of them in Two, Four, and the Android. And even Three and Six were "normal baddasses" in addition to them. Yet they removed one of their already fewer number of more "human" characters and added in yet another super baddass. That struck me as a little silly. You can't have too many in one cast, otherwise they start to become diluted and undermined by eachother. What they had worked, but I'm concerned they arn't going to be able to keep up the mystique of all of them indefinitely.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Yeah I noticed that too. I'm still not sold on Nyx's addition to the crew. She already seemed too similar to Two on the surface, a super baddass woman with some mysterious superpower that made her unnatural abilities.

Frankly, I don't think replacing One with her is a choice that makes a lot of sense. This show doesn't need more super baddass characters, it already has more than enough of them in Two, Four, and the Android. And even Three and Six were "normal baddasses" in addition to them. Yet they removed one of their already fewer number of more "human" characters and added in yet another super baddass. That struck me as a little silly. You can't have too many in one cast, otherwise they start to become diluted and undermined by eachother. What they had worked, but I'm concerned they arn't going to be able to keep up the mystique of all of them indefinitely.
          I still wonder what they are going to do, when they find out the Crew has no memories past a certain point. This can potentionally be exploided if the wrong Person gets that Info. Also I am kind of happy our Android is back to Normal. She is fun as a Humanoid, but her dry responses get a chuckle out of me as well. So I hope we keep switching and dont make it permanent.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Also Happy the android is back to normal and agree with the above two posts about needing a more "normal" or more ordinary human character like One. Actually I've started to miss One. Maybe we'll get the more human character in Devon.

Comment

Working...
            X