Major Paul Davis: Recurring character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Paul Davis: Recurring character

Early on in Stargate in the episode a Matter of Time, we were introduced to the Young Major Davis the Liason between Stargate Command and the Pentagon.

I didn't think that much of him in the episode, besides the episode reminding me he was likely included because the world was imminently at stake. I just assumed he would likely be the lead on the SG Diplomatic team.

We would eventually see him appear in all seasons up to 7, then disappear for that season to make his final appearance in Season 8 in Moebius Part 1 where he was part of the alternate reality.

He even appeared in Atlantis in Enemy at the Gate.

Colin Cunningham gave us a by the book Military officer. He came off as Charismatic and cool under pressure and while he was never truly involved in the Action (bar helping out Oneil from memory in Foothold), he certainly was a great character addition to the show. Whilst my favourite non core SGC field officer is Colonel Makepeace (and I think the show did that character a disservice making him a traitor and NID agent), Davis proves that not every SGC member needs to be a Soldier or Scientist

I enjoyed all his apperances, but then, I like Colin Cunningham.
    sigpic

Comment

It's a shame that in all the years he was on the show, he was always a "Major". Seems to me that he should have at least been promoted to Lt. Colonel towards the end of the series. He was one of my favorites.

P.S. - Colin was great in "Falling Skies".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        It's a shame that in all the years he was on the show, he was always a "Major". Seems to me that he should have at least been promoted to Lt. Colonel towards the end of the series. He was one of my favorites.

Flying Officer Bennit, is that you?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          I enjoyed all his apperances, but then, I like Colin Cunningham.
          Me too! I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he's such a nice guy! He also does magic tricks and plays the sax, a talented guy! It was amazing to see him do the spoon 'bending' and bending a $2CAD coin trick up close!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Flying Officer Bennit, is that you?
            I have no idea who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Well, many of the core characters and even some of the lessers, seem to stay in the same rank an aweful long time.. Heck sam and jack seemed to be the only 2 in 10 years, that advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post

Colin Cunningham gave us a by the book Military officer. He came off as Charismatic and cool under pressure and while he was never truly involved in the Action (bar helping out Oneil from memory in Foothold), he certainly was a great character addition to the show. Whilst my favourite non core SGC field officer is Colonel Makepeace (and I think the show did that character a disservice making him a traitor and NID agent), Davis proves that not every SGC member needs to be a Soldier or Scientist
                He was in Season 6, Descent. He went on the mission to retrieve the sunken mothership. I wish he'd gotten to do more, but am glad he was in as many episodes as he was.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Well, many of the core characters and even some of the lessers, seem to stay in the same rank an aweful long time.. Heck sam and jack seemed to be the only 2 in 10 years, that advanced.
                  They were the only ones that advanced ... that we know of. I'm pretty sure Janet got promoted from Captain (in season 1) to Major, even though we never saw it happen. And I don't remember what Jennifer Hailey was, but I think she was a Lt. in Proving Ground (I could be wrong about that, though).

And Colonel Reynolds started out as a Major in Season 3, "Touchstone", and returned as a Lt. Colonel in Season 5, "Ascension", and by "Lost City" in Season 7, he was a Colonel, but we never saw his promotions.

And while I didn't like his character, Samuels was a Major in Season 1, and in Season 2 had been promoted to Lt. Colonel (he bragged about it to Sam).
                  Last edited by hedwig; 25 June 2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

If I recall correct, he was a LtCol in either his Atlantis appearances or Continuum. I'll have to check. (Really just a convenient excuse for a rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                      If I recall correct, he was a LtCol in either his Atlantis appearances or Continuum. I'll have to check. (Really just a convenient excuse for a rewatch)
                      When did he appear in Atlantis?

NEVER MIND: He appeared in "Enemy at the Gate". But he was still a Major at that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X