Clear All

Anton Yelchin dies in freak accident at 27 years of age

http://www.startrek.com/article/reme...chin-1989-2016

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/06/19...-yelchin-dead/

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/an...og-1201798798/

http://deadline.com/2016/06/star-tre...nt-1201775257/

What in the actual f
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 June 2016, 11:17 AM. Reason: Additional links
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Wow...RIP
    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin dead in freak accident

Anton Yelchin, best known for playing Chekov in the recent "Star Trek" movies, was found dead early Sunday morning after apparently being pinned between his car and a brick mailbox on his property, TMZ reported. He was 27.

Comment

This sucks my condolences for his family and may he rest in peace
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

That is so sad, he was so young. I feel really bad for his family.
          sigpic

Comment

What a tragedy. 27 is far too young to die.

Last edited by maneth; 21 June 2016, 08:13 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I know nothing about the chap but he was real good as Chekov in the films (and I'm not especially fan of those 2 films)

ps. american cars :/

Comment

Seems that the Jeeps are using an unconventional shifting mechanism that leaves some drivers confused as to what gear the thing is in.

Jeep involved in fatal Anton Yelchin accident was subject of safety recall

His 2015 Grand Cherokee featured an uncommon type of electronic gear selector that works like a self-centering toggle to cycle through the transmission's modes (park, reverse, neutral and drive,) rather than a lever with notches or specific positions for each.

Hundreds of owners filed complaints with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that it was confusing to use. Several had exited their vehicles without having engaged Park as intended, leading to rollaway events despite warning lights and sounds designed to prevent this from happening.

Comment

How sad. Really liked him as Chekov.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

That reminds me of what happened to my dad when I was a kid; he (my dad), fortunately, survived though and only ended up with broken legs. He left he car in park at the top of our driveway (which is pretty steep) and went down to the bottom to do something; he, thankfully, saw the car rolling down and jumped up and grabbed onto this metal pole thing that the grapes grew on, so the car ended up hitting him in the legs and not pinning him by the torso against the brick wall of the house. It turned out that there was something wrong with the car's gear shift thing, and that's why it rolled down the driveway even though it was supposed to be in park. It's not exactly the same thing that happened here, but this did remind me of it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I hope his family sues Jeep over this matter as it is their fault their son is dead thanks to this mess.
                      Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Fiat Chrysler to investigate crash that killed 'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said on Monday it would conduct a "thorough investigation" of a crash involving a recalled 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee that killed Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin.]
                        Read the rest of the article here

From what I heard, Chrysler sent recall notices to vehicle owners over 3 months ago for this defect (I have a friend who is getting his Charger fixed this week). Not sure if he received one or not. Maybe just hadn't taken it in to get fixed yet.
                        Last edited by KennClique; 20 June 2016, 06:42 PM.
                        sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                        ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Yeah. Even the garages can't fix all cars at once, even if he did get the notice. That said, if he had received the notice one would expect him to be extra careful about not getting out of the car while the engine was running, even to pick up the mail.

Sorry to rain on what was a tragic accident, but I'm honestly sick of the American blame-shifting where people get into accidents they could have avoided with due diligence and then sue. And in the case of celebrities in particular, they often win too.

That said, carmakers usually don't publicize their recalls as much as they should because they want to avoid the bad publicity that goes with not getting it right the first time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            I know nothing about the chap but he was real good as Chekov in the films (and I'm not especially fan of those 2 films)

ps. american cars :/
                            I also liked him in the Odd Thomas film..

RIP Anton..
                            Which makes you wonder, if/when they DO a 4th in the series, who will they get to replace Checkov? Or will they do away with the character?

Comment

Star Trek Beyond premiere event in France cancelled as a result
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X