Alien: Covenant (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien: Covenant (2017)

Alien: Covenant is an upcoming American science fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Michael Green, John Logan, and Jack Paglen. It is the sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus, and the second installment in the Alien prequel series. The film is scheduled to be released on August 4, 2017.

Plot
    Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Hey look his head has found a body.
    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Oh, this ought to be good. This franchise has had some pretty good sequels in the past, (Alien, Aliens) I hope they keep up the tradition.

Comment

I found Prometheus a strange movie, compared to the old Alien franchise. This could be good though

Comment

I liked Prometheus. While it was certainly different, it was certainly a worthy addition to the franchise. The biggest puzzle for me was why they didn't admit that it was a prequel to the existing franchise, which it clearly was.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          This franchise has had some pretty good sequels in the past, (Alien, Aliens) I hope they keep up the tradition.
          Technically the franchise has had only one good sequel.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Prometheus uh...left a lot to be desired. But I still find myself interested in this movie.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked Prometheus (for the most part) and I'm looking forward to this movie.
              sigpic

Comment

Noomi Rapace joins the Alien: Covenant Cast

Deadline is reporting today that Prometheus star Noomi Rapace will reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Ridley Scott’s follow-up Alien: Covenant despite previous reports that she would not be involved. It’s unclear how big her role will be, but the site says she’s in Australia and on the set to shoot weeks-worth of scenes for the 20th Century Fox release
                Source ComingSoon.net

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Nice.. I am looking forward to this as i liked Prometheus.. it was a good 6 out of 10..

Comment

Oooh, I can't wait to see this one next summer:

Alien: Covenant gets menacing first poster, earlier release date

The first poster for Alien: Covenant has been released, and it offers one piece of advice: “Run.”

Along with the menacing poster comes a new release date for Ridley Scott’s latest film in the Alien franchise and the follow-up to Prometheus. Originally scheduled to hit theaters on Aug. 4, 2017, Covenant will now be released three months earlier on May 19.
                    Edit: Thanks to whichever mod moved this to this thread. I thought there had been one for it already, but I never seem to have much luck with the search function here.
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 25 November 2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one too!

Comment

Nice.. I wonder, if the alien's we meet are more akin to the strange leathery squiddy like one we saw in prometheus or the more lizardly like ones we have seen through out the franchize.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Nice.. I wonder, if the alien's we meet are more akin to the strange leathery squiddy like one we saw in prometheus or the more lizardly like ones we have seen through out the franchize.
                          Judging from what we've seen in the franchise so far, while retaining its own qualities, such as acid blood and such, the Xenomorph also takes attributes from whatever species the hand form plants the seed in. In Alien 3, it used a dog to incubate, and they aliens had somewhat dog-like structure.

Comment

I was disappointed RidleyScott said the new series of Prometheus/Covenant movies would lead back to the original. I was hoping it would go into new engineer territory and not just the xenomorphs. Tired of yet another prequel trilogy. Oh well, maybe it will later.

Comment

To be honest I was dissapointed with Prometheus. I do hope Covenant is better. Also I wonder if it will be released close to the similar sci fi film called 'Life' starring Jake Gyllenhaal?

Comment

Working...
                              X