• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Winds of Winter (610)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SIX
    THE WINDS OF WINTER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 610
    The day of Cersei's trial arrives in King's Landing, while Jaime is forced to dine with the Freys. In the North, Ser Davos confronts Melisandre about the fate of young Shireen, and Sansa and Jon face an uncertain future with more enemies than friends. In the East, Daenerys makes preparation to begin her grand journey to Westeros.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 June 2016, 11:17 PM.

Isn't the biggest cliff hanger - heck isnt even a cliffie by my definition, but this has to have the highest body count of any episode to date - maybe the whole series.

Margery
    Tommen
    Loris
    high sparrow
    Walder
    the maester
    sparrow's right hand

plus hundreds of courtiers

Jon is confirmed as the King of the North - and the rightful heir to Westeros

Dany is on her way, dragons in tow
    Confirmation that benjen is some wight/human thing - he can't pass the wall
    Bran knows the history
    Arya is back in full psychotic mode
    Sansa is the queen of the north
    LIttlefinger is still a player
    Those pesky sand snakes are going to be trouble
    Cersei crowns herself and will be a force to be reckoned with - i mean she murdered hundreds just to get revenge? Chick is as wacked as Arya, just with a much bigger arsenal.

Oh, and in the big library, notice the light fixtures? They sure looked like the hoopy spinny thing in the open.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Finally...four years of waiting after I read the first book and had an inkling...I can't imagine how tonight feels for those who have been waiting for twenty years.

An incredible episode.
      sigpic

Comment

I started reading the books fifteen years ago. A Storm of Swords was published. Those who began in 1996 have waited a *really* long time.

After waiting for so long, I don't want the rest of the story to blow past me at gale-force speed. The showrunners had to put their characters in place for the final ten episodes. I get that. But I still felt some disappointment mixed with my astonishment. Too many pieces were swept from the game board in a single episode. Months were compressed into a week. I trust that it was necessary to make way for the last chapter, but I also hope the showrunners aren't forced to that again.

Wow, though, right? Just wow.

My belief in Jon Snow's parentage was vindicated. Nonetheless, I kept waiting for Sansa to become the Queen in the North.

Comment

from 6x09:
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          And am I imagining things or is the sibling love between Jon and Sansa holding the potential for something else? I mean, we all know he's really NOT Ned's son
          Now it's confirmed: they're cousins.

Comment

Well, nothing really happened that wasnt predicted, but who bloody cares...

The only thing Im slightly disappointed with is we didnt see any White Walkers, but we cant have everything, right?

So, as Gandalf said in LotR "The board is set, the pieces are moving. This will be the great battle of our time..."

Comment

The difference between book writer and show writers. We got more plot movement in one episode than we've had in 4 seasons.

I wonder who will finish Cersei off? Because I do thinks she's gone off the wall bonkers.

Dany knows she needs an arranged marriage for an alliance but Jon is her half brother isn't he?

Of course there might still be Gendry running around, don't think he died yet. I could certainly see Jon backing down because, right now anyway, he's so tired o fighting.

It was just so satisfying to see so much happen and so much plot move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Dany knows she needs an arranged marriage for an alliance but Jon is her half brother isn't he?
                Nephew

Aerys --> Rhaegar, Viserys, Daenerys

Rhaegar --> Rhaenys, Aegon, Jon

Not even close to "too far" for the Targs.
                sigpic

Comment

I think I was around 17 when I read A Game of Thrones for the first time, that was about 18 yrs ago. I loved the season finale. I thought the Tower of Joy scene was really well done, finally what really seemed like confirmation that Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son. Dany is also finally on her way to Westeros.

I loved the beginning when Cersei's plan unfolded, and the music playing during those scenes. I actually loved all the music in this episode . Cersei is such a witch, I love that about her lol. Poor Tommen, he was a good person and he really loved Margaery. Now Cersei has no children left. She seemed really cold/heartless when she said to burn Tommen's body and bury his remains in the ashes of the Sept. Jaime didn't seem too happy to see what Cersei had been up to while he was gone.

I pretty much loved everything about this episode. The scene with Davos confronting Melisandre was great. So was the part where Jon was named King of the North. I even liked Dany's scenes with Daario and Tyrion. Loved Walder Frey getting served Frey pie and killed by Arya.

I can't wait until next season.
                  sigpic

Comment

My only real question comes from the fact that Dany surely is going to be uncontested now right? I mean The Lannisters have a huge army, but can that honestly compete with the combined power of the Dothraki, Unsullied, Dornish and Tyrell's? This is sounding like a short war. I can presume that the Starks will likely stay out of it.

And what of Littlefinger's plans? How the hell does he expect to become King against all that. He still only has control over the Vale. I get that at the moment he just thinks he's fighting the Lannisters in that regard and will do his usual thing of sneaking his way in but that's a side plot that looks like it'll quickly devolve into nothing. He's likely not going to get Cersei's trust back, unless he promises the Vale to her against Dany, and Varys likely wouldn't allow him to get close enough to Dany to do any harm.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Just thinking, Tommen jumping out of the window, GoT's first suicide?
                      Correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

I Think so.... unless you count Ned Stark trusting Littlefinger
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Or Dany's bro antagonizing Drogo
                          or Ramsey's step mom trusting him

But yeah, beyond bad choices I think this is the first 'player' to voluntarily leave the game

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            . Loved Walder Frey getting served Frey pie and killed by Arya.
                            Oh, to me that was THE highlight of the show! I knew he was about to get it but when the mask was pulled away that revealed Arya, I actually clapped when she opened his throat. So satisfying.
                            sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                            ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Well everybody seems to have covered everything, but I am still picky.
                              Arya gets all the way from Bravos to Riverrun, Jamie gets all the way from Riverrun to Kingslanding. How come Briene & Podrick haven't turned up in Winterfell yet? They left Riverrun well before Jamie did.

Yes, it is all coming together, Daenerys, the Greyjoys, the Martells, the Tyrells. I wonder if the Starks will join with Daenerys too.
                              Will Jamie stand by his sister now? Will the Lannister bannermen be behind her?

With all the inbreading that has been going on I expect Jon will marry Daenerys & together they will unite the Seven Kingdoms against the white walkers, & win the day.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                              X