No announcement yet.

The Winds of Winter (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking if the night king touching bran was what allowed him to enter the three eyed raven tree will bran going to the south side of the wall be what allows him to do that as well. Also we need to remember about Jon the only person (besides us the viewer) that knows or possibly knows about Jon is Bran I don't think people are going to just blindly belive Bran when he says who Jon really is.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking that that's exactly what will happen. Bran and Meera cross the Wall back into Westeros, the Night King pursues them and uses his bond to Bran to break the spells keeping the Wall in place, then the Wall is breached and the White Walkers invade.

Interesting in that Westeros will be facing two invasions while in a greatly weakened state. I'm guessing that the universal threat of the White Walkers will force everyone to work together to defeat them. Once the dust settles then the final battle for the Iron Throne will be fought. Could get interesting...

As for others believing in Bran's visions, the only way Bran could prove them is by finding Howland Reed, Meera's father and Ned's only surviving companion from the Tower of Joy. As an eye witness Howland can confirm or deny Jon's true parentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianus Augustus View Post
        Everything Ellaria has done has been to hurt the Lannisters directly. It didn't matter to her whether or not Doran, Trystane, and Myrcella were good people
        just like Tywin did everything he did including the Harrenhall interrogations & the Red Wedding, to maintain stability in Westeros

Ramsay likewise in the north with his fear tactics

Comment

Indeed.

Though in Ramsay's case he also used his fear tactics because he genuinely got enjoyment out of it, the sick bastard (pun intended).

Comment

The book series is entitled 'song of ice and fire' I do believe.
            Well Ice king, Fire queen (dany's dragons)
            I do think two of these warring parties will ally against the third.

one 'side' of the story we have yet to hear, the ice walkers. We know that they were made, but nothing after that. I think there's more there than mindless ice zombies.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

with only a handful of true good people left south of the wall (Davos...Brienne...Jon...Tyrion (maybe)...that's it?) I'm almost rooting for the walkers at this point :/

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                with only a handful of true good people left south of the wall (Davos...Brienne...Jon...Tyrion (maybe)...that's it?) I'm almost rooting for the walkers at this point :/
                That isn't really fair for the millions of people who aren't even prominent characters...lol
                sigpic

Comment

Don't you know that Westeros is only populated by a few people and a buncha extras???

I read something on Facebook about the 'three heads of the dragon'...which could mean Dany's 3 dragons....it could also mean that the three main forces need to come together to defeat the zombies. Dany's forces, Cersei's forces and Jon's forces. Three heads of 'fire' to defeat the ice.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    That isn't really fair for the millions of people who aren't even prominent characters...lol
                    alrite but aside from all the minor & offscreen characters what I said still counts, so there :|

Comment

btw why would they need so much firepower to defeat the walkers? chances are the 3 dragons will be all it takes (dragonfire can kill walkers)

Comment

btw why would they need so much firepower to defeat the walkers? chances are the 3 dragons will be all it takes (dragonfire can kill walkers)
                        I was thinking this too until I saw how the walkers were created. They were created using dragon glass which is why it an kill them. I don't think any fire is going to be useful against the walkers as we have seen them walk through fire on 2 occasions.
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                          I was thinking this too until I saw how the walkers were created. They were created using dragon glass which is why it an kill them. I don't think any fire is going to be useful against the walkers as we have seen them walk through fire on 2 occasions.
                          cept valyrian steel can also kill them & that steel's made using dragonfire, can't be a coincidence
                          this means dragonfire ain't normal fire

Comment

It's...complicated. And there are ancient rumors of beasts that may be able to counter the dragons that live in the far north. If they are real I imagine that the Walkers might have control over them.
                            sigpic

Comment

cept valyrian steel can also kill them & that steel's made using dragonfire, can't be a coincidence
                              this means dragonfire ain't normal fire
                              Maybe they weren't made with dragon fire but dragon glass maybe that was added to the steel and gives it the never dull edge and such. It could be, that over the years through word of mouth it changes to dragon fire.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                                Maybe they weren't made with dragon fire but dragon glass maybe that was added to the steel and gives it the never dull edge and such. It could be, that over the years through word of mouth it changes to dragon fire.
                                nope it's specifically stated dragonfire is required ingredient (in show cannon at least, dunno about the books)
                                which btw also means that even if the formula were recovered it'd be useless except to Dany

besides glass added to metal wouldn't be ideal for flexibility
                                who knows what dragonglass really is anyway for all we know it's ordinary rock that's been altered long ago by dragonfire

Comment

Working...
                                X