Cylon ships, TOS or NBSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylon ships, TOS or NBSG

So, which did you prefer.. The design/looks of the Cylon ships in the original series, OR those from the NBSG...??

Tough question. I would have liked to have seen more of the original style raiders in NBSG, but I think the re-imagined raiders look pretty vicious. I think I would have liked to have seen a version of the NBSG raider that was a bit chunkier and a bit more on the same size level as the original raider.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I have to go with TOS on most ship designs. Granted, the effects, detail level and most everything else in NuBSG is lightyears ahead of TOS.

But I like the basic designs of the classic versions.

Comment

There is literally no part of BSG78 that I find preferable to RDM BSG.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

What of the weaponry.. Do yo prefer the lasers of ToS, to the 'machinegun like ways' of Nbsg??

Comment

I like the more realistic style of NBSG. bullets all the way.

Comment

Definitely bullets.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

TOS lasers for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  I like the more realistic style of NBSG. bullets all the way.
                  Thing to me is if those bullets are as large as we saw them making them, in that one ep where sabotaurs were making them to break easily, then they shouldn't be able to get more than 300 or so rounds on a viper, and we saw them firing a HELL of a lot more rounds than that each and every battle it seems.

Comment

Cylon Basestars in NBSG are frigging awesome IMO.

Comment

TOS and Lasers all the way for me
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Thing to me is if those bullets are as large as we saw them making them, in that one ep where sabotaurs were making them to break easily, then they shouldn't be able to get more than 300 or so rounds on a viper, and we saw them firing a HELL of a lot more rounds than that each and every battle it seems.
                        And those bullets had mass. A space superiority fighter, such as a Viper should be as lightweight as possible to make it as maneuverable as possible. Less mass = faster acceleration.
                        We saw incredible quantities of bullets during firefights. In addition to the storage issues you bring up, the mass doesn't make sense either.
                        If they had the technology for laser based weapons, I would assume that would be the way to go. But projectile weapons don't seem to make sense.

Comment

Heck, with that first large scale battle they had after coming out of that nebula where the anchorage was, they SHOULD have used up at least a solid 1/3 of the ammount of ammo they brought aboard.. Then expired it all with the other big fights of S1/2..

Logically they should NOT have had any remaining bullets to do that big fight over new caprica, let alone storm the Colony like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            And those bullets had mass. A space superiority fighter, such as a Viper should be as lightweight as possible to make it as maneuverable as possible. Less mass = faster acceleration.
                            We saw incredible quantities of bullets during firefights. In addition to the storage issues you bring up, the mass doesn't make sense either.
                            If they had the technology for laser based weapons, I would assume that would be the way to go. But projectile weapons don't seem to make sense.
                            "Less mass = faster acceleration"....in an atmosphere. Given the vacuum and negative gravity of space - why would light weight play into maneuverability? Moving a vehicle has to do with managing the force of gravity - if there is none then what are we really talking about? Inertia which, I don't think has to do with weight/gravity if there is none to be measured. Overcoming inertia with thrusters would seem to be a relatively simple thing - it's keeping everything stable enough for the human mind to manage that would be the real challenge

Comment

Even in a weightless environment, objects have mass. And it takes energy to accelerate or decelerate that mass.

Comment

Working...
                              X