This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 YEARS OF STARGATE IN TELEVISION - the 19th anniversary of SG-1

It is almost a month before the whole world marks the 19th anniversary of Stargate SG-1 on July 27.

To all our GW members, as we remember the day SG opened its doors to television, may we remember the many years we journeyed with SG-1 to far away worlds, worlds we never knew existed. I hope that we'll always be inspired by the 10-year journeys of Team SG-1.

For those planning to spend the anniversary, see http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...-on-television for suggestions (for those planning to go to Colorado Springs this July for the SG-1 anniversary).

I'll be posting later about the sites in Vancouver for those planning to be there for this anniversary if they so wish.

BTW I almost forgot!!

July 16 marks the 12th anniversary of the 2nd SG series on TV, Stargate Atlantis. We must also remember that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
      It is almost a month before the whole world marks the 19th anniversary of Stargate SG-1 on July 27.
      For most of the rest of the world SG wasn't on TV until much later. Just saying.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks for the info. This is the anniversary of the US premiere on SG-1 on Showtime in 97

Comment

I started an SG-1 rewatch this week. I can't believe that in a few weeks it will have been 19 years.
          sigpic

Comment

You are making me feel old guys! I had just finished High school back then and was at University then I saw Children of the Gods and thought.. what the hell is Macgyver doing here? !

Comment

I would like to think there will be a celebration of 20 years somewhere. I remember going to the 10th anniversary convention held in Vancouver in 2007. It was a fantastic time, first time I met many of the actors, walked up that ramp and stood before the gate in the gateroom. Wandered around Atlantis and sat in a puddle jumper. It was a great moment for fans!

Sadly there can no longer be a celebration quite like this again. We lost the wonderful Don S. Davis and of course the sets are no more. But wherever fans gather, we all have the wonderful memories of what this show was for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                ...of course the sets are no more.
                We build a replica gate...

Comment

What planet did you go too FH?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    What planet did you go too FH?
                    I didn't have to go aywhere for it -- except the story to buy the necessary equipment to build it.

Comment

I'll celebrate with all of the gate-fans here because there are no Stargate fans amongst my friends.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

For those planning to be in Vancouver for the Atlantis and SG-1 anniversaries this might help

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ming_Locations
                        https://moviemaps.org/movies/1e

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          I'll celebrate with all of the gate-fans here because there are no Stargate fans amongst my friends.
                          It's the same for me, no one I know likes Stargate, let alone knows of it! This is why GW has been a great place to come.

I'll be in Cloverdale on the anniversary since I live there lol! The main street where the car accident with Scott in SGU was filmed has fake snow and Christmas decorations everywhere at the moment, they're shooting another one of those dreadful mushy Christmas movies that are always made in Vancouver at the height of summer!

Comment

So in 4 days we will mark the 12th anniversary year of the US premiere of Stargate Atlantis. Who's getting ready?
                            Last edited by John Emmanuel Ramos; 12 July 2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

2 DAYS LEFT before we mark the 19th anniversary of the US premiere of SG-1. Who's ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X