• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No One (608)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SIX
    NO ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 608
    Brienne arrives at Riverrun to find Jaime laying siege, and offers to appeal to Brynden Tully for a peaceful end. Cersei tries to take a stand against the Faith Militant, while Meereen comes under a new threat. A wounded Arya faces her greatest challenge yet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2016, 11:18 PM.

Good episode, but next weeks looks awesome.

Let the battle for Winterfell commence!

Comment

Yeah. Arya comes into her own, not just in being able to kill, but in acknowledging who she is and the threats that come with it.
      Dany is back in town and looks ready to kick bootie.
      We get a dose of Jamie/Brienne star crossed lovers - which are oddly appealing I gotta admit.
      I loved the hound getting his revenge in such a matter of fact way.
      Cersei, you know I gotta wonder if she's going to survive the show. She's getting backed into a corner and betrayed by her kid - gullible tho Tommen may be. I do think Margery is playing a game, but is Tommen a willing participant or has he really fallen for the Sparrow's line of bull?
      It is definitely a set up episode for the last 2 of the season. BUt it was also good to make plot progress and have things happen.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved it when Arya admitted who she was and said that she was going home. I hope she makes it, and I hope that she has a home/family to go back to. I really want to see the all the remaining Starks reunited. Loved Jaime and Brienne. Loved the Hound going after the guys who killed the people that were building the Sept with him. I found the negotiations with Beric and Thoros about how many he gets to kill and how, kind of amusing. Really looking forward to next week's episode.
        sigpic

Comment

And the look on Jacquen's face when she claimed her name and heritage. It looked like a silent 'you go girl'
          Or maybe it was confirmation of something he suspected all along? (Or did he know who she was?, can't recall)

sigpic

Comment

Arya did not look too good the end of the last episode, so either she healed quickly or the waif took her time catching up with her. The obvious place to look would have been the actors, so why didn't the waif strike sooner, before Arya was well enough to fight back? (I know, picky picky) But yes, Jaquen seemed to approve of Arya being herself again.
            I recall when Tomen was first allowed to see Margery he was outraged with the High Sparrow, but she calmed him down by convincing him the High Sparrow is right. I do not think she really believes this, I think she is trying to get rid of Cerci & her influence over Tomen. And I think it is more Margery than the High Sparrow who has talked Tomen into banishing trial by combat for the same reason.
            Now Jamie has taken River run back will he now march on Winterfell against Jon & Sansa? Or will word come through to him about Cerci's plight & he go back to Kingslanding to sort it out?
            Stark family reunion; Will Rickon be held to ransom to stop Jon, or possibly killed. It is possible Benjen will accompany Bran back to Winterfell, but I feel Bran's place is North of the Wall with the Night King. If things move as fast as they did between episode 7 & episode 8 then Arya could be at Winterfell already, waiting to hook up with Jon when he arrives.
            Next will be the battle of Winterfell, but is Jon strong enough? Will any Riverrun troops desert Edmure Tully to back the Starks?
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              And the look on Jacquen's face when she claimed her name and heritage. It looked like a silent 'you go girl'
              Or maybe it was confirmation of something he suspected all along? (Or did he know who she was?, can't recall)
              It's been awhile, I don't remember either if he knew exactly who she was (I think he at least suspected it though), but he did look proud/pleased, and I suppose he might have also suspected that she could never truly be no one and would one day reclaim her heritage.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I don't think Jacquen's KNEW who she was, but likely suspected. How many young girls of breeding run around with their own swords and a hatred of the Lannisters?

I think Arya may make it back to Westeros but I don't know about her getting to Winterfell. Jamie will be torn, and even more so when it's deciding between Brienne and Cersei.

I do think Margery is playing a con - which is what that flower drawing said to her gran, but I do also tend to think that Tommen is just another pawn for her. I just have a hard time seeing him have the backbone to run a con like that.

sigpic

Comment

Arya getting to meet up with her brothers and sister would probably be too happy a thing to happen lol.

Jaime needs to stay away from Cersei, she brings out the worst in him, but she is his twin and he does love her however gross/disappointing that may be lol. I wonder what will happen if he is forced to choose between Cersei and her wishes, and Brienne, a person who he does seem to, at the very least, have a lot of respect for. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Cersei (how and if she gets out of the mess she's in), now that she can't have her trial by combat.

I think Margaery is playing a game as well, and yeah, I think Tommen is being used. He just seems too naïve and trusting to be anything more than a pawn.
                  sigpic

Comment

When Cersei said, "I choose violence", I smiled so big because I knew we were finally going to see some Mountain action! The head rip was totally unexpected but enjoyable.

Not to be outdone, the hound handled business quite nicely also.
                    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Working...
                    X