Fuzzy-Head Teal'c -vs- Bald Teal'c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuzzy-Head Teal'c -vs- Bald Teal'c

In SG-1 Season 8 they've quit painting Teal'c with gold, he's growing hair, and he's showing way more emotion than normal... I miss the old Teal'c.

Which Teal'c did you like better?

Although it was a different look for Teal'c, I still liked it all the same. I just think it represented that Stargate was going into new territory, and in order to do that they made the characters feel fresh again.
    Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
    Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
    Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

Preferred No haired Teal'c
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I preferred the later Teal'c, he was more human, more relatable and more interesting.

Comment

I think it was a reasonable interpretation of what happened to Teal'c. Since he is being exposed to human culture, its only natural he would take on some of their manerisms. You see this all the time in people get immersed in foreign cultures.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

It would've been funny if every few episodes Teal'c would do something to explore humanity. Like maybe once he would have a Rubix Cube, wouldn't be able to solve it, and just break it into pieces and reassemble it. Or he could've tried on 3D glasses and commented that everything is in 3D already, why would you need glasses. etc.

Comment

Wait till you see him in Atlantis, you probably won't recognise him

Comment

Appearance wise I preferred the bald Teal'c. Personality wise, I preferred hairy Teal'c.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Much preferred Bald Teal'c. I always felt sorry for Christopher Judge. They cast him and told him obviously that they wanted him Bald. I remember reading over the years that he really wanted to have hair again (and not shave everyday). Im guessing the Tretonin storyline allowed for this with the body changes he went through.

I must admit I loved the fish outta water early Tealc.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                    Appearance wise I preferred the bald Teal'c. Personality wise, I preferred hairy Teal'c.
                    QFT, my thoughts exactly.
                    sigpic

Comment

I always thought it was some sort of religious or cultural thing to why he shaved his head. In the episode "holiday" when he switches bodies with Jack he wanted to save his head. My theory is that after so many years he was allowed to grow it out again.

As for more human traits as others have said he was in that culture everyday for years. He would adapt to it.
                      sigpic

Comment

See I thought it was a side effect of having no immune system and having the Symbiote acting as it. A side effect was hair falling out.

It could well be both. There might be some cultural reason why the Jaffa Warriors don't have Hair generally.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          I always thought it was some sort of religious or cultural thing to why he shaved his head. In the episode "holiday" when he switches bodies with Jack he wanted to save his head. My theory is that after so many years he was allowed to grow it out again.

As for more human traits as others have said he was in that culture everyday for years. He would adapt to it.
                          Me too. He took it as a very solemn act to shave his (Jack's) head, so it was something he felt very strongly compelled to do regardless of being in another body. I think that as time went on probably there was more of a feeling of 'distance' with what he knew. He may have also felt that now his people were on the road to freedom he didn't feel he had to adhere to some of the old ways that complete obedience demanded. Growing his hair was a gesture of shaking off his 'old' life as a slave perhaps.

For this reason I think I like the old 'bald' Teal'c, watching as he slowly came to terms with his new life with the SCG on Earth whilst still trying desperately not to lose complete contact with his cultural heritage.

Changing to take on aspects of the new culture he lives in I agree with too. It was always fun to see his reactions to Earth's culture in the earlier seasons as he made a point of learning about it. I know the feeling as I've had to learn about new cultural views and expressions even with a move from the UK to Canada! Now after almost 11 years of living in Canada I think I would have to readjust to some things if I went back to the UK, certain cultural trends would have changed I'm sure!

Comment

I liked the Later Teal'C

The reason why is he evolves He lost his Symbiote, he is on Tretonin he No longer has to Kelno'reem which in some sense makes him more human.

Comment

Teal'C with hair made him seem more of a leader and less as one of the Goa'uld's guards. Having hair was, to least to me, shedding Goa'uld oppression and showing how free the Jaffa has become. Plus, it makes him look more human and more close to the Tau'ri. I miss Stargate SG-1 and wish they continued the series, eve if they had to replace the original cast with new characters. The transition from O'Neill to Mitchell was great as we all know eventually O'Neill would have been promoted. No doubt Carter would have to eventually move on, and so would Teal'C as the new leader of the Jaffa. Jackson would have made a better contribution by moving to Atlantis and helping to further unlock the secrets of the city and the Ancients. That is why I would prefer they take the Star Trek route and create Stargate SG-1 the Next Generation, keeping Mitchell as the team leader and adding new members to his team. If they still wanted to keep a Jaffa as a member of the team, then they could have someone who both Teal'C and Bra'tac trust to help. As for replacing Daniel Jackson, I have no doubt he has a number of assistance that have been helping him at Stargate Command. I would love a Stargate SG-1 the Next Generation format rather than a rebooted TV series.

Comment

Working...
                              X