Power Rangers (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Rangers (2017)

Five ordinary high school kids Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Trini and Jason must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat led by Rita Repulsa. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
    Release Date: March 24, 2017 (USA)

As a young adult I enjoyed the 1993 original TV series. My interest is tweaked a little for this one. I think I will like Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa considering she did a good job as Effie in The Hunger Games who kinda favors Rita Repulsa.
    sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

I am curious how they are going make a children's show into something geared towards adults
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I never watched the original but I did enjoy Ultraman and Godzilla stuff so I may check this out. Will it be a television show or a movie?

Comment

This will be a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3717490/?ref_=nv_sr_1
        sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Comment

Surprisingly i actually didn't mind the first film they did in the mid 90s..

Comment

Costumes look pretty cool as well!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I bet the graphics are going to be great. Since it's only one movie I'm more inclined to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                Yeah I bet the graphics are going to be great. Since it's only one movie I'm more inclined to see it.
                If it does well, which I hope it does, there could be more than one!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Surprisingly i actually didn't mind the first film they did in the mid 90s..
                  Yep, I liked that one also.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    If it does well, which I hope it does, there could be more than one!
                    Yea, try seven!

Lionsgate Wants to Make Up to Seven Power Rangers Movies

Lionsgate’s first Power Rangers movie is still a year away, but the studio is putting a lot of faith into the franchise performing well for it going forward. Are you ready to be excited for not just one Power Rangers movie, but seven of them?

Speaking to analysts this morning, Lionsgate noted that they see Power Rangers as their next big franchise, in the wake of the end of The Hunger Games and the disappointment of the latest Divergent movie. So rather than playing it safe and waiting to see how the first film is received next year, the studio has told analysts it hopes to make “five, six or seven of them” over the coming years, according to Deadline. They’ve taken all of their prehistoric-animal-themed eggs and combined them into one giant basket-based robot, basically.

If the movie franchise adopted the show’s ethos of refreshing itself every once in a while with new costumes, powers, bad guys and rangers, this could possibly be a great idea—well, depending on whether or not you liked what they’ve done to the original ranger suits, that is. But considering every would-be mega-sized franchise these days just wants the same people doing the same thing sequel after sequel, somehow I doubt that will happen.
                    Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/lionsgate-wan...vie-1778914263
                    sigpic

Comment

7. meh. I'll just wait until they stop releasing them before I start.

Comment

Originally posted by KennClique View Post
                        Yea, try seven!

Lionsgate Wants to Make Up to Seven Power Rangers Movies

Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/lionsgate-wan...vie-1778914263

Dear God, I cant even imagine how they will make one movie work. The power rangers are a very aquired taste and by that I mean senseless action entertainment. Doesnt make it much different from Movies today, but still somehow all I can imagine is a trainwreck.

Even worse, People explode over the Ghostbusters and this gets an inicial positive response?
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

You don't have to make it senseless violence. I agree that is what it is but also it's a kid's show. It was my understanding that the movie was suppose to be more adult oriented
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Dear God, I cant even imagine how they will make one movie work. The power rangers are a very aquired taste and by that I mean senseless action entertainment. Doesnt make it much different from Movies today, but still somehow all I can imagine is a trainwreck.
                            Yea, seven is a bit too ambitious.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KennClique View Post
                              Yea, seven is a bit too ambitious.
                              I could understand a trilogy...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X