No announcement yet.

Should I continue watching SGU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the same (sort of) topic. I have watched both SG1 and Atlantis and enjoy them both but SGU is not on Amazon prime (I have to pay for it). Is it worth paying for? Or is there a place I can watch on my tablet for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Gifford2006 View Post
      On the same (sort of) topic. I have watched both SG1 and Atlantis and enjoy them both but SGU is not on Amazon prime (I have to pay for it). Is it worth paying for? Or is there a place I can watch on my tablet for free?
      Its on hulu if you have that, thats what i watch on, actually the have all the stargate shows, not the tv movies though

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingcarl View Post
        I found my way here actually to ask the same thing, im on my first watch through of ever stargate in order, ive gotten to SGU and although i enjoy it and really liked the first few episodes, im really not enjoying the cinical power play between the military and the IOA woman with Rush. I guess im hoping it grts good again but i dont want to slog through a season and a half of more of this type, is there better storelines with some answers down the road or not so much, I love stargate so any advice would be awesome. Thanks
        The power play between the military and civilians does get toned down. It is a necessary part of the show I feel though because they were trying to set the scene with all these different people having to come together and work on surviving. It really does get better and season two has some great moments, I do hope you continue watching and see if you end up agreeing with me!

Comment

Hey thanks for the input, i just finnished episode 12, Im gonna continue and finnish, there are many things about the show that are very cool, I think I miss the cozy team dynamic from SG1 and Atlantis, SGU has a much heavier feel but its also realy well done.

Comment

Thanks Vikingcarl. I will give it a try

Comment

You should watching all of it. Trust me Season Two is best ever I have see. I was watched about 5 times
              ~Amber~

Comment

I already have!! Heck, i am on like my 7th re=watch of the entirety of SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  I already have!! Heck, i am on like my 7th re=watch of the entirety of SGA.
                  I thought this was the SGU section, not SGA???

Comment

Ok so it was worth it to keep watching. Just finished today.

Comment

Glad to hear.. SO which were your top 5 eps??

Comment

Lost, Resurgence, Alliances, The Hunt, and Blockade.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

I would also recommend watching all episodes. What I enjoyed about SGU a lot were the "off-world" incursions. SG1 went to explore new planets out of a mixture of curiosity and later sometimes necessity, where SGU had the cast exploring new planets almost purely out of the need for food water and medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeternum View Post
                              I would also recommend watching all episodes. What I enjoyed about SGU a lot were the "off-world" incursions. SG1 went to explore new planets out of a mixture of curiosity and later sometimes necessity, where SGU had the cast exploring new planets almost purely out of the need for food water and medicine.
                              What I liked too was that it wasn't an easy task either! I loved the early days of trial and error with SG1, and was glad to see it come back with SGU. In SGU they always seemed to end up facing some problem and many times they came back empty handed too since they always had ongoing issues with getting food and raw materials.

Comment

Or came back with barely enough to get on. BUT for me, the issues with the ship inside were the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X